Beta Patch Notes e1.5.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Some bugs in 1.5.2
- Can't see my party numbers.
- Can't see my player icon on the map when moving the camera far away.
unknown.png

Sorry, but to push this as 1.5.2 is a really huge disappointment. The patch notes reads more like any of the previous hotfixes :sad: .

Not even a single new perk? Not a single major issue fixed? I don´t see any new real content? :sad:

Hey my man sure you didnt miss something or is this a joke since this does not seem like a 13gb patch

Patches don´t need to be huge to have a real impact. If they just improve the AI the patch should be small but the impact would be big. But this patch is the other way around...I never care about the GB size, I just want new content or the real issues fixed.

So I guess we need to wait another 2+ weeks for some new content or real fixes?

Sorry, but to push this as 1.5.2 is a really huge disappointment. The patch notes reads more like any of the previous hotfixes :sad: .

Not even a single new perk? Not a single major issue fixed? I don´t see any new real content? :sad:

Maybe its the calm before the storm and next patch is so big they are waiting to make sure its in better shape before pushing it out. I'd love to see 1.6 finally fix perks, mounted combat, and armor.

Some bugs in 1.5.2
- Can't see my party numbers.
- Can't see my player icon on the map when moving the camera far away.
unknown.png
Same issue with a new game, it is not an issue on previous saves though.

Patches don´t need to be huge to have a real impact. If they just improve the AI the patch should be small but the impact would be big. But this patch is the other way around...I never care about the GB size, I just want new content or the real issues fixed.
I think its safe to say this was more about pushing 1.5.1 to main branch, considering it has the major war/peace changes compared to 1.5.0.

So I guess we need to wait another 2+ weeks for some new content or real fixes?
I have to admit in this case you are not wrong. I expected more from 1.5.2. Even the work on quests still leaves major issues with a number of quests.

- Gang leader needs weapon quest - all the best weapons are taken instead of the specific weapon type requested
- Landowner needs manual laborers quest - Sometimes only the troops spawn in the dialogue window and you have to go back again and again sometimes until the prisoners actually show up in the dialogue
- Inn and Out Quest - Still does not give relation boost with quest giver or any meaningful reward.

The list goes on. Also, no mention about resolution of the several existing bugged perks, including in the riding tree which was supposed to be finished.

Let's hope they can get back on track with 1.5.3.

I think its safe to say this was more about pushing 1.5.1 to main branch, considering it has the major war/peace changes compared to 1.5.0.

Yea it's a big improvement for main branch right now, but what about when they move 1.5.2 to main branch? At that time it will feel the same way. People will be saying "Wait this is a main branch update!?" I do really hope at that time one can say "this is really about pushing the beta 5.3 which is a significant improvement".

I have to admit in this case you are not wrong. I expected more from 1.5.2. Even the work on quests still leaves major issues with a number of quests.

- Gang leader needs weapon quest - all the best weapons are taken instead of the specific weapon type requested
- Landowner needs manual laborers quest - Sometimes only the troops spawn in the dialogue window and you have to go back again and again sometimes until the prisoners actually show up in the dialogue
- Inn and Out Quest - Still does not give relation boost with quest giver or any meaningful reward.

The list goes on. Also, no mention about resolution of the several existing bugged perks, including in the riding tree which was supposed to be finished.

Let's hope they can get back on track with 1.5.3.

Yea it's a big improvement for main branch right now, but what about when they move 1.5.2 to main branch? At that time it will feel the same way. People will be saying "Wait this is a min branch update!?" I do really hope at that time one can say "this is really about pushing the beta 5.3 which is a significant improvement".
I mean like 1.4.2 wasnt the largest of patches so mabye they gonna just like fix the main problems with 1.5.2 and just gonna push it like they did with 1.5 and 1.5.1 i think 1.5.3 is gonna be like a big drop

Yea it's a big improvement for main branch right now, but what about when they move 1.5.2 to main branch? At that time it will feel the same way. People will be saying "Wait this is a main branch update!?" I do really hope at that time one can say "this is really about pushing the beta 5.3 which is a significant improvement".
Nothing is stopping them from implementing more to 1.5.2 with hotfixes like we saw with 1.5.1, remember 1.5.1 went through 2 major war/peace hotfixes.

I mean like 1.4.2 wasnt the largest of patches so mabye they gonna just like fix the main problems with 1.5.2 and just gonna push it like they did with 1.5 and 1.5.1 i think 1.5.3 is gonna be like a big drop
I think most people know that I support TW and their efforts. When good progress is made I am the first to point it out. However, since you brought it up, 1.4.2 was one of the worst releases they did. It added very little and when it dropped on main branch it had HUGE bugs. IDK if you remember, but after winning a siege you couldn't go into your new castle/town. After winning a victory with an allied army, you would be captured. Yes, when you won. You would be captured. It was really bad... and this was after alpha and beta testing...

1.4.3, 1.5.0 and 1.5.1 all brought significant progress and as such I felt like the general attitude of the community also improved. I really hope 1.5.2 is not like 1.4.2. If it brings little improvement and also adds a bunch of bugs, few people are going to want to test it before they drop it in main branch, as happened with 1.4.2. Personally, I'd rather see them wait until more can be included. However, it is possible they dropped 1.5.2 now to clear the slate for some significant change coming in 1.5.3 or 1.6.0. In programming, sometimes it happens for that reason and as I said I do really hope that is the case.

I think most people know that I support TW and their efforts. When good progress is made I am the first to point it out. However, since you brought it up, 1.4.2 was one of the worst releases they did. It added very little and when it dropped on main branch it had HUGE bugs. IDK if you remember, but after winning a siege you couldn't go into your new castle/town. After winning a victory with an allied army, you would be captured. Yes, when you won. You would be captured. It was really bad... and this was after alpha and beta testing...

1.4.3, 1.5.0 and 1.5.1 all brought significant progress and as such I felt like the general attitude of the community also improved. I really hope 1.5.2 is not like 1.4.2. If it brings little improvement and also adds a bunch of bugs, few people are going to want to test it before they drop it in main branch, as happened with 1.4.2. Personally, I'd rather see them wait until more can be included. However, it is possible they dropped 1.5.2 now to clear the slate for some significant change coming in 1.5.3 or 1.6.0. In programming, sometimes it happens for that reason and as I said I do really hope that is the case.
I really hated 1.4.2 and all its bugs but it was probably one of the biggest reasons for the refractor and the major 1.4.3 update i think they want to add a bit oc small stuff between large updates so my hopes are 1.5.3 is gonna be like 1.4.3 without the refactor

Last edited:
I hope they will soon start communicating that in no possible way the game will come out of Early Access in the end of this year. Anyone who is thinking to buy the game should not have the hope/information from TW that the game will fully realease in a couple of months.

At least that sheep has more volume than the new flat battanian armor.
i love that sheep :lol:

Highland chain mail and Highland mail shirt are below average modder quality. I don't know who does the art quality control at TW but this is dreadful work. Has someone's son been hired or something? The textures have no volume at all, looks like a paper outfit. The texture also bleeds into the patters that don't match. Sorry TW, love you guys, but I have to say this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom