Beta Patch Notes e1.5.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Wait they actually added hooked spears mechanic in this update. I can pull enemies down. Not sure why they didn't mention it in the patch notes though. I heard a new song too but I might be delusional.

so did they add actual hooked spears or does it work with normal spears? IIRC, they said they only add hooked spears when they also implement the hook parts for smithing at the same time.

No it´s not. There was never a phase of much content. Sure, you can believe them, I don´t. Also check this reply:

I know, most of you love this answer, because it is at least an answer.

I read:

"We do what we want, we don´t care what you want." Of course I dramatize it...don´t get me wrong.

Why do modders are able to do some really good armor/battle AI changes and they are still working on them? What will they change? Who knows, I dont, you don´t. You believe them to do the right thing, I´m not sure.

WE need to test this stuff, but it sounds like they will just give it to us when it´s ready from their point of view. And if we don´t like it, they may be change it, which will take another 8 weeks? That´s not how EA works in my opinion.

They need to deliver content soon in my opinion...and they need to fix at least one of those balance issues soon. The smithing bug isn´t new like we discovered it 2 weeks ago. The faction balance issue too. What will they change? Cav only get 15 auto calc bonus instead of 20? Who knows?

There is so many stuff wrong right now, which can be easily improved (mods...), sure everyone has a different taste but still. Don´t involve us, don´t deliver anything and it will take 4-5 years. Which feedback can we deliver with this new branch? Only telling which new bugs they introduced, and that´s also not something new. Each new branch had it´s big bugs...

I mean come on, this answer:

is like: We know the sky is blue.

Why not tell us what they plan to change about it? Will it hurt them? Will it hurt the game? Will it hurt us?

I don´t think so, the only thing this answer says: We are working on it which I expect them to do anyways since weeks.

I mean:

Why keep it a secret? It´s not that we demand that they publish their source code. Why can´t he go into detail what they plan (!) to change?

Your not wrong, if sometimes a bit dramatic, but I hate it when forum members pick what they say apart like this. And its not "We do what we want, we don't care what you want". It's more like "We care what you want, but only where it fits within our vision for the game". And this is nothing new. Every developer that welcomes player feedback still has their own vision for what they are doing that it has to fit within.

And the answer to the last question, Why keep it a secret? I could say the answer is exactly what you're doing right now. If they ended up making changes to it, someone would be back here posting "You said this, but what you did was this". However, they should not be deterred by such things as this always happens with a public community. The real reason could be because they are preparing a dev blog to go over this in detail and Signalize didn't want to spoil it.

Last edited:
"We do what we want, we don´t care what you want." Of course I dramatize it...don´t get me wrong.
They are changing an aspect of the game just because of feedbacks, because people said archers are OP, and now you say that they are doing what they want, not what we want. Wasn't it what we (most of us) wanted? What else do you want about this topic?

Why do modders are able to do some really good armor/battle AI changes and they are still working on them? What will they change? Who knows, I dont, you don´t. You believe them to do the right thing, I´m not sure.
All modders do about armor can be some number changes in code and that is not something Taleworlds cannot do. Devs are not thinking as simple as some modders as you can see from some improvements which were done by mods previously. They are probably trying new things about new changes and thinking thoroughly. And I have never seen a mod that changes battle AI so if you can give an example I would be enlightened. He said that they will change armor values so what else do you want to know about that?

They need to deliver content soon in my opinion...and they need to fix at least one of those balance issues soon. The smithing bug isn´t new like we discovered it 2 weeks ago. The faction balance issue too. What will they change? Cav only get 15 auto calc bonus instead of 20? Who knows?
I don't think it is necessary for us to be informed about changes about smithing yet because it is far from complete and the changes that must be made about it are pretty obvious and it is said several times that they want to reward creativity and skill in smithing. So they will change some numbers to change how the prices are calculated now from only damage input to material, part tier, balance of weapon and some stats as I understand.
But I agree that they could inform us about what will be done about faction balance issue and take our feedback about it. But we know that they think about making lords actually buy horses for their troops rather than getting them free. As you can see they don't choose the obvious and easy path like decreasing cavalry bonus and khuzait faction bonus so this should be something appreciated. I think they didn't finalize thinking about which changes to be made to balance factions so I no need to rush to get some information there.

I am disappointed about this update too but please don't be so harsh on a developer that is new to the forum and trying to be active. His kind is very rare and shouldn't be lost :grin:

Any pics of the new battanian armor?
This is the new one I believe:
1.png
Though I haven't seen below ones before. Has anyone?
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png
so did they add actual hooked spears or does it work with normal spears? IIRC, they said they only add hooked spears when they also implement the hook parts for smithing at the same time.
It only works with spears that visually has hooks. There isn't any UI element that states that ability though.

1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png

It only works with spears that visually has hooks. There isn't any UI element that states that ability though.

That new one is atrocious, like I said, it looks like it has paper thin volume to it. Not only does it have no volume, it is also sloppy and rushed again. No reason to beat a dead sheep at this point, they are fine with it.

As far as the others go, people did clean things in the early middle ages. These look like tar workers outfits.

Last edited:
I liked the tartan tunic with mail, disc plate and military belt, seems like what a battanian that served the empire as auxiliary once would use

That new one is atrocious, like I said, it looks like it has paper thin volume to it. Not only does it have no volume, it is also sloppy and rushed again. No reason to beat a dead sheep at this point, they are fine with it.
I think the art direction is fantastic but the execution could be better. It looks a lot better than the silly looking Battanian warlord set, that needs to be replaced.

Sturgia and Battania have getting a lot of new armour lately, wonder when Aserai will get new ones. They don't even have their own braces or boots.

3.png

I've seen this one a few times previous to 1.5.2 - Buckled Wildsman Armour, as a fairly uncommon drop from Forest Bandits/hideouts (I think - or was it the hideout where you rescue your brother?). Decent early-mid game armour without buying, but heavier than most with similar stats.

This patch crashed my mod that I've been spending a lot of time on. Was working just fine.
Any ideas as to what part has crashed?

No, it is not that thin. It could have more volume on the top since the armor should be something like gambeson; and the chainmail is a little tight on the bottom. The textures don't align in the pattern, it could be on purpose since many models have this feature; It also happens in real life because the way you cut pieces of the patterned tissue and then stitch it together.

This patch crashed my mod that I've been spending a lot of time on. Was working just fine.
Any ideas as to what part has crashed?
I think many mods might crash because of the changes they made to the textures, reducing the game in 10gb and improving performance (and that requires a good amount of development...)

Last edited:
1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png
Top one is definitely new. The bottom three have already been in the game before, two of them more for bandits than actual faction troops.

As far as the others go, people did clean things in the early middle ages. These look like tar workers outfits.
Eh, the one one still looks miles better than the last two they made. I'll take what I can get. The chainmail is more noticeable and it doesn't blend into the tartan as badly. But eh, the way the buckles just kind of melt into the armour looks off. Not perfect at all, but an improvement.

Those other outfits are more for bandits though, you don't ever see real soldiers in them so I think its kind of justified? Then again I'm sure even bandits take baths in rivers or something.

Awesome! Glad to see a new Beta patch dropped, I’m looking forward to doing some testing!

A couple things jumped out:

-We can talk to prisoners! This is great I hope this means we can try and persuade them to our cause as this seems like the best time to gently pressure a noble to join you. If they say “no” you can proceed with torture. Will be convenient to locate clan leaders captured by your allies and find them in whatever dungeon they were deposited. Especially when those clan leaders were part of a mega-army you just defeated. You could never try and persuade previously. This is a game changer for rulers imo.

Find my daughter quest gives scout experience to the dispatched companion....Sorry, but I had to laugh when I saw this, as currently all NPC Party leaders and Caravan leaders are not gaining scout experience. I’ve had NPCs lead groups for years and remain at 0 Scout skill.

In general however, it will be very nice if dispatching companions on quests becomes a viable means of leveling their skills. Lots of potential.

Thankyou for this patch! It may not look like much, but I'm running the game on an HDD and was previously experiencing very high disk and memory usage that caused awful lag spikes and stutters, and it has massively improved my performance.

Thankyou for this patch! It may not look like much, but I'm running the game on an HDD and was previously experiencing very high disk and memory usage that caused awful lag spikes and stutters, and it has massively improved my performance.
I think the problem was with texture. As the file was big it took much time to load and had high disk uses. As they change format files become smaller.

Back
Top Bottom