Beta Patch Notes e1.5.10

Users who are viewing this thread

Auto recruitment in garrisons now stops if the new recruit would cause the total wage of the garrison to pass the limit. This was previously causing the desertion of high-tier troops due to new recruits being added.
Wasn't this already in the game? I don't get what did you exactly change?
IF it somehow wasn't in the game, it should be in the bug fixes section because it's defectively bug fix what you did here.

Wasn't this already in the game? I don't get what did you exactly change?
IF it somehow wasn't in the game, it should be in the bug fixes section because it's defectively bug fix what you did here.
The auto recruitment feature was in-game, the change specified above was not. I suppose it can also be considered a bug fix.

Hang on, did they remove the barter for peace option when you're at war with a kingdom? can someone else confirm this? is this a bug or what? its already hard enough to maintain and grow your kingdom without using some sort of cheat or exploit now this? c'mon now.

Hang on, did they remove the barter for peace option when you're at war with a kingdom? can someone else confirm this? is this a bug or what? its already hard enough to maintain and grow your kingdom without using some sort of cheat or exploit now this? c'mon now.
Found it, I would have stuck it under diplomacy but whatever. That method could backfire once you had vassals anyways though, pay for peace and they immediately vote it back.

Conversations & Encounters

• Added new facial expressions as the default idles for NPCs based on their traits and relationship to the player.
  • The peace option through dialog has been blocked when the player is in a kingdom.
  • The equipment of non-hero troops in map conversations has been diversified.
  • Fixed animation problems that occurred when the player entered a conversation in the crouch state.
  • Fixed a bug that caused friendly army members to open a parley conversation with the player.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed the player to join the army through the conversation screen after paying for safe passage.
The auto recruitment feature was in-game, the change specified above was not. I suppose it can also be considered a bug fix.
It still does the same stuff that was complained about. Setting it at or slightly above the current wage makes it start disbanding troops immediately.
I know a "NO" checkbox is on the way and that will solve by all players turning this feature off and probably never turning it back on, but I just wanted to say it's indiscernible to me what was supposed to be fixed with it by the hotfix. I guess maybe if I let it throw out troops and recruit recruits it will eventually stop? You don't have try to explain it, I just want it out there that this fix missed the compliant entirely and for people to double check so they don't loose troops.

Last edited:
Found it, I would have stuck it under diplomacy but whatever. That method could backfire once you had vassals anyways though, pay for peace and they immediately vote it back.

Conversations & Encounters

• Added new facial expressions as the default idles for NPCs based on their traits and relationship to the player.
  • The peace option through dialog has been blocked when the player is in a kingdom.
  • The equipment of non-hero troops in map conversations has been diversified.
  • Fixed animation problems that occurred when the player entered a conversation in the crouch state.
  • Fixed a bug that caused friendly army members to open a parley conversation with the player.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed the player to join the army through the conversation screen after paying for safe passage.

It still does the same stuff that was complained about. Setting it at or slightly above the current wage makes it start disbanding troops immediately.
I know a "NO" checkbox is on the way and that will solve by all players turning this feature off and probably never turning it back on, but I just wanted to say it's indiscernible to me what was supposed to be fixed with it by the hotfix. I guess maybe if I let it throw out troops and recruit recruits it will eventually stop? You don't have try to explain it, I just want it out there that this fix missed the compliant entirely and for people to double check so they don't loose troops.
Ohh great, thanks for finding this.

I guess, no more declaring war, taking a castle and bartering for peace. It all has to be done through influence now.

That method could backfire once you had vassals anyways though, pay for peace and they immediately vote it back.
That was never really a problem though. The problem is that when you're just getting started, you don't have enough troops or influence to fight the established kingdom so in order to make peace you'll have to pay tribute which is big problem because it's already hard enough to stay afloat if you have a decent amount of troops. its now much more difficult to play as a kingdom to a point where it's no longer fun and just plain annoying and difficult. Bring back bartering for peace. Am I alone on this?

There's no fun in this anymore. Man I don't even want to play anymore.

That was never really a problem though. The problem is that when you're just getting started, you don't have enough troops or influence to fight the established kingdom so in order to make peace you'll have to pay tribute which is big problem because it's already hard enough to stay afloat if you have a decent amount of troops. its now much more difficult to play as a kingdom to a point where it's no longer fun and just plain annoying and difficult. Bring back bartering for peace. Am I alone on this?

It was like one of the only privileges of being a ruler. Unless you could do it as a vassal, I've never tried. I wish it would have been developed and expanded, made less easy and made so that enemy kings could offer peace in the same way and negotiate. I liked trading settlements as part of peace deals and stuff, even if it was just me simulating a negotiation.

I wonder why that is. You'd think they would want more immersion in conversations. Don't they have writers at TW who are just sitting around twiddling their thumbs?
They probably wanted the player to have to use the election system and being able to do it via dialogue still was an oversight.

You're not alone. Many people complain about the difficulty in getting your faction going. Personally I feel the game encourages the players to do it waaaaaaaay to early and with not providing any information on the mechanics or strategy they will need to use to get it going. You just press "Make Kingdom" and it's all a downhill spiral unless you're so powerful that you don't even need vassals and can just stop down armies. So it's a conundrum: If I have to be so strong that I don't need vassals to be able to get vassals.... why do I need vassals?

In short to start a kingdom you want to build up a lot of fiefs and have 1m saved up for your first set of clans, either as vassal or as a solo clan (who can make peace via dialogue and not get attacked without provoking 1st). The you want to leave faction (if vassals), make peace and really make sure you're comfortable in your position. If you need more fiefs you can stay a solo clan and attack a faction and take more, this is a good test of if you can handle it yet. If it's too hard, make peace go back to the war room. When you're going to press the "make kingdom bottom" figure out what clans have no fief and where you might find thier leaders, also physically track down a merc clan you can hire, hit the button and immediately hire that merc clan and try to find some clan leaders to increase your clans. Only homeless clans, if there aren't any then stay a solo clan and make some by taking thier homes!
Once you have a faction worth of vassal you kinda have to give up control and just accept that they will be making war and peace all the time and you will have no control anymore. Just stop armies in the fields and your faction will be alright.

They probably wanted the player to have to use the election system and being able to do it via dialogue still was an oversight.

You're not alone. Many people complain about the difficulty in getting your faction going. Personally I feel the game encourages the players to do it waaaaaaaay to early and with not providing any information on the mechanics or strategy they will need to use to get it going. You just press "Make Kingdom" and it's all a downhill spiral unless you're so powerful that you don't even need vassals and can just stop down armies. So it's a conundrum: If I have to be so strong that I don't need vassals to be able to get vassals.... why do I need vassals?

In short to start a kingdom you want to build up a lot of fiefs and have 1m saved up for your first set of clans, either as vassal or as a solo clan (who can make peace via dialogue and not get attacked without provoking 1st). The you want to leave faction (if vassals), make peace and really make sure you're comfortable in your position. If you need more fiefs you can stay a solo clan and attack a faction and take more, this is a good test of if you can handle it yet. If it's too hard, make peace go back to the war room. When you're going to press the "make kingdom bottom" figure out what clans have no fief and where you might find thier leaders, also physically track down a merc clan you can hire, hit the button and immediately hire that merc clan and try to find some clan leaders to increase your clans. Only homeless clans, if there aren't any then stay a solo clan and make some by taking thier homes!
Once you have a faction worth of vassal you kinda have to give up control and just accept that they will be making war and peace all the time and you will have no control anymore. Just stop armies in the fields and your faction will be alright.

I rarely venture this far into the main quest, but the third paragraph feels like it needs to be the requirements for a quest similar to “establish your clan” but for the kingdom. I think the current ones are just “support/establish” that are solved by clicking the button, not a money/tier/companion requirement?

I rarely venture this far into the main quest, but the third paragraph feels like it needs to be the requirements for a quest similar to “establish your clan” but for the kingdom. I think the current ones are just “support/establish” that are solved by clicking the button, not a money/tier/companion requirement?
I don't do the dragon banner quest either, but it's a similar looking quest that's like
Have 100 troops X
have a fief X
be rank 4 clan X
be an independent clan X
then you talk to the npc(s) and become a kingdom.

This obviously is way too underpowered to actually be a kingdom and gives no guidance about what you need to do to get vassals.

What I would like is a type of intermediate state between starting a kingdom and being a full kingdom where you can collect your vassals, hire mercs and once you have X amount you become a true kingdom and can be attacked by enemies normally.

It probably came back and this solution won't work again, but...have you tried to delete everything in Documents EXCEPT your saves? I usually have to do this after patches for it not to perform like utter garbage.
Yes, even deleted the save game itself and started a fresh game but it still lags.

Even character creation screen at the start of new campaign lags when progressing through choice screens.

The game in general seems to have lag problems whether in-game or out of game.

It's poppin now. He was set as scout but I reset him to something else than back to scout again and it started popping. buggy bugs bugs. AKA as M&B core coding. I think they start with bugginess as a design goal.

Yes, even deleted the save game itself and started a fresh game but it still lags.

Even character creation screen at the start of new campaign lags when progressing through choice screens.

Damn, that sucks man. It sounds like it's another performance bug...well, I said another, but I just mean a return.

One thing that sometimes happens to me is the game defaults to using integrated graphics instead of my graphics card. Did you check that?

Back
Top Bottom