Beta Patch Notes e1.5.10

Users who are viewing this thread

Earth to TWs, your latest patch dropped performance in menus substantially. We don't work for you. Another 50 posts on the topic? Is that what you need. Seriously, I am about to get banned. You have 100 people at your company.

“The AUDACITY - how dare you report a bug, if it troubles you so much, you needy baby, fix it yourself, or at the very least, research the bug in depth, jump through a million hoops, recite the alphabet another million times and give me the supposed fix and how to implement it. That is, if you want it fixed of course. Crybaby”

Disclaimer: Above statement may be made up and used purely for satirical reason and in no way reflects how GrindelvaldTM feels about the matter. GrindelvaldTM can not be held responsible.

how playable is 1.5.10?
I've stopped playing this march and haven't played since then.
thinking to start a new campaign :smile:
I think you should still wait. We are perhaps 1-2 weeks away from the next patch so you could just wait for that one and see if we get some of the things they were planing for a longer time now.

Singleplayer
We need statistics of successful sieges back. I need to know how good war went before i make a decision.
these two tabs
me2XfXl.jpg
are irrelevant. this is useless information.

but this
3VcUegj.jpg
is all that matters and i can't get access to this info.

We need statistics of successful sieges back. I need to know how good war went before i make a decision.
these two tabs
me2XfXl.jpg
are irrelevant. this is useless information.

but this
3VcUegj.jpg
is all that matters and i can't get access to this info.

There is a button on the right side of your first screen.
Basically it was the earlier Diplomacy Tab before the recent changes.

After the hotfix I noticed a big performance improvement on the campaign map, great!!!

but ... some screens still have a big lag when loading, like the trade screen or the encyclopedia if the character has a lot of friends/enemies... as some one pointed seems to be related with the icons loading... for example if you open the trade menu twice the second one takes far shorter, probably because items icons are already cached, similar if you check twice the same encyclopedia character page.

After the hotfix I noticed a big performance improvement on the campaign map, great!!!

but ... some screens still have a big lag when loading, like the trade screen or the encyclopedia if the character has a lot of friends/enemies... as some one pointed seems to be related with the icons loading... for example if you open the trade menu twice the second one takes far shorter, probably because items icons are already cached, similar if you check twice the same encyclopedia character page.
Yep, no improvement for me in the encyclopedia.

So when are we getting control of our troops back after the enemy routes? Now you have to time it just right, charge before they run lol... :roll: just so stupid... it's great seeing cavalry go after enemies while cheering, well thought out features.

I also love how everyone turns into Carl Lewis when they route. And your army starts slow motion walking lol, Half this game's updates are attempts to fix systems that don't work right from the onset.

Last edited:
There are a number of different performance issues - known and unknown (new ones come up as development continues). You asked for an update about a memory leak - and I can only give you an update if the specific issue that you asked about can be identified. I think it is fairly standard procedure to try and do so through direct inquiry as guesstimation around other users' posts isn't terribly reliable - and as far as I can tell it worked out.

If the inquiry bothered you, that was not my intention.

Reports that specify when and where the user is experiencing an issue (to give some basic example - I am experiencing stutters whenever I open a menu vs. when my troops reach the gate in a siege vs. my game becomes choppy after playing for X hours) alongside technical details, media and save games (where applicable) are always helpful. I think you had also mentioned that you experienced issues on 1.5.9 - this version can be tested in our telemetry branch which allows users to record and send us specific performance data.
I did a 3 hour live stream test and every appeared perfect, no problems for me. so looks good whatever you guys did

Hotfix 01/06/21

Singleplayer​

Crashes
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when killing the Family Feud quest NPC after persuading the target notable. (Also in e1.5.9 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash that occurred due to never-ending looter map events. (Also in e1.5.9 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash that occurred after selling prisoners to the ransom broker and giving the "gather others" command to one of our companions.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred after completing the Disrupt Supply Lines conspiracy quest.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred in the inventory screen due to the equip/inspect panel of equipped items.
Fixes
  • Fixed kingdom decisions that had no plausible decision outcomes in edge cases. (Also in e1.5.9 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a bug that caused player heroes to be duplicated in the main party. (Also in e1.5.9 hotfix.)
  • Fixed the menu entry freezes.
  • Fixed a bug that caused clan members to die in combat even with the 100% clan member death chance reduction.
Changes
  • Auto recruitment in garrisons now stops if the new recruit would cause the total wage of the garrison to pass the limit. This was previously causing the desertion of high-tier troops due to new recruits being added.
Im just reading the notes rn but the part about auto recruiting... A garrison full of t5 troops already goes well above the highest amount you can set your troop wage to without setting it to unlimited. Doesn't this mean this change will do literally nothing to stop high tier troops getting replaced unless you want to store 150 men per garrison? Tell me im wrong

Yeah it is exactly what i thought. Tell worlds this is ridiculous. Im dead serious, call me. I will tell you in which ways the garrison system is broken and tell you how to fix it. This isnt even funny anymore.

Screenshot_2021-06-02_005346.png

Im just reading the notes rn but the part about auto recruiting... A garrison full of t5 troops already goes well above the highest amount you can set your troop wage to without setting it to unlimited. Doesn't this mean this change will do literally nothing to stop high tier troops getting replaced unless you want to store 150 men per garrison? Tell me im wrong
Yeah it is exactly what i thought. Tell worlds this is ridiculous. Im dead serious, call me. I will tell you in which ways the garrison system is broken and tell you how to fix it. This isnt even funny anymore.

Screenshot_2021-06-02_005346.png
Yeah, that's too bad. We really need that "No thank you" option ASAP.

If anyone's wondering why the player might pack that many Khan's guards into 1 Garrison, sometimes when doing what us gamers call playing the game we might put or elite field party into a garrison temporarily and switch it out for more disposable troops to say siege a fief on auto pilot while we eat lunch and watch youtube.

I collect troops. It's what I do. Beautiful elite troops, of-every-kind. Minor factions troops too, you know, equality. Troops need to go into into garrisons, it's what they do.

Devs need to build a "NO" button to keep those recruits out! I know you're working on it, but look at that beautiful Khan's Guard, think of him, is he going to get replaced by a recruit or run out of food while we're out delivering 45 mules for the 50th time? Do it for him!

This is a trend: Break features with patch, attempt to fix features with hot fix that clearly will not work. Is the company comprised of interns? What the hell is going on? Are any of the 100 people in this company capable of testing a hotfix before it's released? Good grief pathetic, it is.

One guy makes a mod (freelancer) that is better than the content you people have put out with this game in over a year. People are getting fed up. This was a 45$ game and you have done nothing with it in a year except **** around.

Last edited:
This is a trend: Break features with patch, attempt to fix features with hot fix that clearly will not work. Is the company comprised of interns? What the hell is going on? Are any of 100 people in this company capable of testing a hotfix before it's released? Good grief pathetic, it is.

One guy makes a mod (freelancer) that is better than the content you people have put out with this game in over a year. People are getting fed up with your crap.

What is wrong with the hotfix?

Yeah, that's too bad. We really need that "No thank you" option ASAP.

If anyone's wondering why the player might pack that many Khan's guards into 1 Garrison, sometimes when doing what us gamers call playing the game we might put or elite field party into a garrison temporarily and switch it out for more disposable troops to say siege a fief on auto pilot while we eat lunch and watch youtube.

I collect troops. It's what I do. Beautiful elite troops, of-every-kind. Minor factions troops too, you know, equality. Troops need to go into into garrisons, it's what they do.

Devs need to build a "NO" button to keep those recruits out! I know you're working on it, but look at that beautiful Khan's Guard, think of him, is he going to get replaced by a recruit or run out of food while we're out delivering 45 mules for the 50th time? Do it for him!
We will add a checkbox there too to disable auto recruitment as we discussed before.

that makes sense because some patches ago when we had that bug with missing item icons the performance was smooth as butter, the trade screen would load so quickly. I'd be ok with even an option to disable icons just to get that kind of performance again honestly

that makes sense because some patches ago when we had that bug with missing item icons the performance was smooth as butter, the trade screen would load so quickly. I'd be ok with even an option to disable icons just to get that kind of performance again honestly

Why are those icons taking so long to load?

Back
Top Bottom