Beta Patch Notes e1.5.10

Users who are viewing this thread

I asked you ıf you made a report, because that report would presumably have information about the problems that you specifically are experiencing. "A memory leak" is quite broad and could concern a range of things. If you had a topic in the tech support, it would also be tied to our internal problem tracking, which would allow me to learn about the status of the issue.

Since you have now linked a topic that concerns the loading of screens, I guess my initial answer had the desired information in any case though - Thumbnails in particular are being worked on and should improve the performance in this regard. The change is larger, so it will take some time to be tested.
so just pick one of the 20 posts that are there, I'm not gonna add to the chaos and make another post myself when 20 are already done so just check any of those And broad memory leak is all I can say, I am not an expert to say why the performance in game has tanked so I can't give you specifics more than the other 20 posters have done.
And "I" don't have an issue, "everyone" does as this effects all branches of the game as I have tested different branches. Some are feeling more than others as it seems to effect different hardware, but unless you have a super powerful system you will feel it in someway whether it is small or large. We just want to be kept in the loop as so what is going on, but can't you understand people's frustration waiting over 3 weeks for a fix when some of them are so affected they can't even play.
I'm willing to do anything it takes to help, want testing, want video to see before and after 1.5.10 graphic performance, i'll do what it takes to help. I have 2 systems one better than the other I can test anything you want. How can I help?

so just pick one of the 20 posts that are there, I'm not gonna add to the chaos and make another post myself when 20 are already done so just check any of those And broad memory leak is all I can say, I am not an expert to say why the performance in game has tanked so I can't give you specifics more than the other 20 posters have done.
And "I" don't have an issue, "everyone" does as this effects all branches of the game as I have tested different branches. Some are feeling more than others as it seems to effect different hardware, but unless you have a super powerful system you will feel it in someway whether it is small or large. We just want to be kept in the loop as so what is going on, but can't you understand people's frustration waiting over 3 weeks for a fix when some of them are so affected they can't even play.
I'm willing to do anything it takes to help, want testing, want video to see before and after 1.5.10 graphic performance, i'll do what it takes to help. I have 2 systems one better than the other I can test anything you want. How can I help?
"Since you have now linked a topic that concerns the loading of screens, I guess my initial answer had the desired information in any case though - Thumbnails in particular are being worked on and should improve the performance in this regard. The change is larger, so it will take some time to be tested."
^There's your update!

There are a number of different performance issues - known and unknown (new ones come up as development continues). You asked for an update about a memory leak - and I can only give you an update if the specific issue that you asked about can be identified. I think it is fairly standard procedure to try and do so through direct inquiry as guesstimation around other users' posts isn't terribly reliable - and as far as I can tell it worked out.

If the inquiry bothered you, that was not my intention.
Reports that specify when and where the user is experiencing an issue (to give some basic example - I am experiencing stutters whenever I open a menu vs. when my troops reach the gate in a siege vs. my game becomes choppy after playing for X hours) alongside technical details, media and save games (where applicable) are always helpful. I think you had also mentioned that you experienced issues on 1.5.9 - this version can be tested in our telemetry branch which allows users to record and send us specific performance data.

There are a number of different performance issues - known and unknown (new ones come up as development continues). You asked for an update about a memory leak - and I can only give you an update if the specific issue that you asked about can be identified. I think it is fairly standard procedure to try and do so through direct inquiry as guesstimation around other users' posts isn't terribly reliable - and as far as I can tell it worked out.

If the inquiry bothered you, that was not my intention.

Reports that specify when and where the user is experiencing an issue (to give some basic example - I am experiencing stutters whenever I open a menu vs. when my troops reach the gate in a siege vs. my game becomes choppy after playing for X hours) alongside technical details, media and save games (where applicable) are always helpful. I think you had also mentioned that you experienced issues on 1.5.9 - this version can be tested in our telemetry branch which allows users to record and send us specific performance data.
ok I'll do a performance test and put it in tech forums

Tbf, I think what @Flesson19 is trying to point out is that these reports were made weeks ago, when the patch launched. It's now May 28, and no update/info/hotfix has been released that fixes these unplayable issues.

I mean, just look at this video from here

The video in that link is a great example of the campaign map and menu lag I'm seeing too. Mine isn't as extreme, but it's still pretty atrocious given latest-gen hardware. These stutters date back precisely to the Apr 29th Hotfix:

Something in that hotfix triggered these problems. I've also found, per Apocal's suggestion in one of these threads, that a spring cleaning of my savegames (15 saves, down to 3) has alleviated some of the campaign map lag, though none of the menu lag. In a pinch, it can help make the game a bit more playable.

For the avoidance of doubt: the problem is serious, there's a good reason Flesson19 has been making his voice heard on this.

Earth to TWs, your latest patch dropped performance in menus substantially. We don't work for you. Another 50 posts on the topic? Is that what you need. Seriously, I am about to get banned. You have 100 people at your company.

I did do what Callum asked and created my own thread and sent the a performance test, I wish i could record it. I was on a system that could do 1,000 battle size with med to low graphics settings. Now I have every graphic turned down and it's almost like I am playing slow motion and my recording software doesnt have enough resources to even record even though I recorded and stream for 8 months with it before 1.5.10. I am so thankful I upgraded my system or my entire Youtube channel would be on hold this whole time. I hope my performance test helps out, I feel for those this has really hit hard as with my old system, it can cripple so many people and make them unable to play/

Earth to TWs, your latest patch dropped performance in menus substantially. We don't work for you. Another 50 posts on the topic? Is that what you need. Seriously, I am about to get banned. You have 100 people at your company.
The performance tests are probably very crucial to their understanding as to why low performance is hitting people hard in their patches. You may not think it's helpful, but it is, especially since you signed up for Early Access. The environment they make the game on is not entirely helpful for testing and that's why these things happen when it hits our end of the field. So, provide your performance tests and rig information, and help them help you. It's not ideal how this is almost a constant thing of course, but hey...at least then you'll be able to say you tried.

Been getting this weird halo around my character's hair lately on the campaign map, anybody else getting this? You have to have your helmet off on the campaign map to reproduce the issue.

The performance tests are probably very crucial to their understanding as to why low performance is hitting people hard in their patches. You may not think it's helpful, but it is, especially since you signed up for Early Access. The environment they make the game on is not entirely helpful for testing and that's why these things happen when it hits our end of the field. So, provide your performance tests and rig information, and help them help you. It's not ideal how this is almost a constant thing of course, but hey...at least then you'll be able to say you tried.
There were tons of posts about this issue, it's not our "job" to inform them of a problem when its is clear as the noonday sun.

There were tons of posts about this issue, it's not our "job" to inform them of a problem when its is clear as the noonday sun.

I'm aware of that, but the testing branch pulls important and specific information about the machine and the game that will help them pin-point the issue. And I'm pretty sure they realize the issue is there, it's about fixing it now, which requires more information. They will probably find the specific cause eventually if no one was to report the information they request, but your input could help reduce the time that takes to fix it. And yes, of course, it isn't your "job" and no one is forcing you to do it.

So this is what Viking Conquest developers learned from viking conquest. I would rather have a bland game with half-assed features.
honestly the game looks good for an indie studio and Brytenwalda being the team they are i'm sure it'll have an awesome focus on immersion and storytelling which modern shooters are severely lacking nowdays though i really hope they still plan to develop some mod/dlc for bannerlord, their works on Brytenwalda and Viking Conquest are part of warband's golden age to me.

Yeah it's a different gender of game entirely but i really wish them good fortune!

i really hope they still plan to develop some mod/dlc for bannerlord, their works on Brytenwalda and Viking Conquest are part of warband's golden age to me.
They are working on it I think. A video surfaced sometime ago on youtube showcasing some features/roadmap

oh i saw that and it was amazing but i didn't knew if it was by the brytenwalda team or someone making a spiritual successor of their works from warband.
You put doubt in my mind and I went looking. It appears it is not the same team (if we believe the "project manager" in the youtube section). In their website also, there is no mention of such a thing apart from their shooter game.

(Insert broken dreams meme)

@Dejan what are the plans for this week? We are nearing one month once more; will it be a hotfix, an update or nothing?

Back
Top Bottom