Beta Patch Notes e1.5.10

Users who are viewing this thread

We bought an unfinished product with the premise and promise that it gets improved and finished based on community provided feedback.

Allow me to add: They also sold a game which had numerous features or the promise of those features in order to influence potential buyers which we did not and will not receive.

This distills it down very precisely. Every one of us should put this into our sig to ward off the "It's EA. TW doesn't owe you anything." fanbois.

I don't know that they need a beta-beta- they just need to use hotfixes for what what they are intended which is to fix **** like that. I thought that was the reason they released on Thursdays (so that they could fix serious stuff on Friday). TW just doesn't think memory leaks are a big deal. I am embarrassed for them.

By the way, I saw that VC had an update last week so I decided to fire it up and have a look. I didn't finish it previously. VC has the balance, features, writing, etc. It's a tour de force of immersive playability. It is breathtaking to see how far behind BL is in gameplay. It's not even close. If the leadership at TW wanted to make a great game, I think they need to do something similar and pull in an external team to provide an outside perspective and some technical expertise.

I don't know that they need a beta-beta- they just need to use hotfixes for what what they are intended which is to fix **** like that. I thought that was the reason they released on Thursdays (so that they could fix serious stuff on Friday). TW just doesn't think memory leaks are a big deal. I am embarrassed for them.

By the way, I saw that VC had an update last week so I decided to fire it up and have a look. I didn't finish it previously. VC has the balance, features, writing, etc. It's a tour de force of immersive playability. It is breathtaking to see how far behind BL is in gameplay. It's not even close. If the leadership at TW wanted to make a great game, I think they need to do something similar and pull in an external team to provide an outside perspective and some technical expertise.
The same thing will happen with Bannerlord that happened with Warband. TW will release a game that will be a platform for mods to turn into a great game.

VC was a great game. Before Bannerlord, it was the only TW game I had ever played. The same developers are developing a similar mod for Bannerlord.

I can't wait to see what the Bretwalda team can do with battle terrain mechanics and a map of Britain. This could be a dynamic feature as places on the map may be based on actual locations in Britain.

In VC castles had one entrance. The castles in Bannerlord have multiple entry points. What ideas do Bretwalda have to improve TW's new castle mechanics? Raiding will have a whole new feel when you have an actual castle to seige, instead of one entry point on an earthen mound.

With the new heir system, Bretwalda can create the actual people that fought in the Viking Invasion of Britain. They will probably add realistic family crests on the banners. The heir system with a historical based mod should add immersion that Bannerlord lacks. Have fun pillaging Britain as Ivar the Boneless and friends/family.

The devs at Bretwalda will have new tools for crafting that weren't present for VC. We'll see if they can develop a crafting system better than TW. I'm guessing the answer to that is yes. Building boats in VC will likely be back.

Check out Bretwalda. Something very similar to VC is going to happen again, only better.....

Last edited:
The same thing will happen with Bannerlord that happened with Warband. TW will release a game that will be a platform for mods to turn into a great game.

VC was a great game. Before Bannerlord, it was the only TW game I had ever played. The same developers are developing a similar mod for Bannerlord.

I can't wait to see what the Bretwalda team can do with battle terrain mechanics and a map of Britain. This could be a dynamic feature as places on the map may be based on actual locations in Britain.

What ideas do they have for castles? In VC castles had one entrance. The castles in Bannerlord have multiple entry points. What ideas do Bretwalda have to improve TW's new castle mechanics? Raiding will have a whole new feel when you have an actual castle to seige, instead of one entry point on an earthen mound.

With the new heir system, Bretwalda can create the actual people that fought in the Viking Invasion of Britain. They will probably add realistic family crests on the banners. The heir system with a historical based mod should add immersion that Bannerlord lacks. Have fun pillaging Britain as Ivar the Boneless and friends/family.

The devs at Bretwalda will have new tools for crafting that weren't present for VC. We'll see if they can develop a crafting system better than TW. I'm guessing the answer to that is yes. Building boats in VC will likely be back.

Check out Bretwalda. Something very similar to VC is going to happen again, only better.....

WB was a small team and there were a lot of lessons learned and feature ideas that were applied to VC. The BL team is much larger and they have a significant war chest and devoted community; they're not a small indie anymore. Time to put on the big boy pants.

It's not good enough to charge AAA price for an EA game that has been in development for 8 years, excludes most of the qualities that made VC great, and make glacial progress over 14 months of EA. We still don't have many of the iconic features of WB and we're dealing with stupid **** like laggy UI and memory leaks.

It's dumb, it's fair to expect more, and it is absolutely appropriate to give them this tough love.

WB was a small team and there were a lot of lessons learned and feature ideas that were applied to VC.
The VC team was not Taleworlds but Brytenwalda modders and some new competent hires, a separate and independent company. Taleworlds was only helping with engine change requests from the VC team. So, they have nothing to do with VC and apparently didn't learn from it.
Taleworlds' last game was vanilla Warband, a bland game with half-assed features. Lessons have not been learned and you can pretty much expect the next Mount and Blade to be of the same type.

VC? Viking Conquest?

@mexxico Do you know what the story is with the siege Ai?

Also: yay, no more looking like you belong to the enemy because of item drops. Suggested this month ago, glad it was added.
It's not full kit out, just a weapon or think Horse for one faction. I was kinda suprised the Vlad is a two handed sword, maybe one that was Two and one handed but they typicallly are more the sword and shield guys with lances.

Do you know what the story is with the siege Ai?
which one?
i have a story when an army of 650 units standing in front of two cracked walls doing nothing, well except for archers. They do not follow direct commands and i had to use "follow me" to lead units through a crack in order for them to actually get inside the town.

Dont know if this should be, but wanderers can solve quests in my town, even if they are not my companions. Though i have to mention that the wanderers who solve these issues are always friends of mine(relationship is over 10)

Dont know if this should be, but wanderers can solve quests in my town, even if they are not my companions. Though i have to mention that the wanderers who solve these issues are always friends of mine(relationship is over 10)
It's not a bug, as far as I know. AI lords are able to do the same.

Is it too much for the developers to comment/update us about the severe lag they introduced in the last patch?
Yep, would've been nice to know if we can expect a hotfix for this.

The VC team was not Taleworlds but Brytenwalda modders and some new competent hires, a separate and independent company. Taleworlds was only helping with engine change requests from the VC team. So, they have nothing to do with VC and apparently didn't learn from it.
Taleworlds' last game was vanilla Warband, a bland game with half-assed features. Lessons have not been learned and you can pretty much expect the next Mount and Blade to be of the same type.
So Tw's hiring for a new sci-fi project has nothing to do with Brytenwalda's devs new sci-fi game i hope because realistically that game looks ****ing dog as well

So Tw's hiring for a new sci-fi project has nothing to do with Brytenwalda's devs new sci-fi game i hope because realistically that game looks ****ing dog as well
I believe you are on to something. But what is TW's role in this? It's some action shooter with RPG elements and no mass combat.
If it was Taleworlds' project as well they would have announced it and begged us to wishlist.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom