Beta Patch Notes e1.5.10

Users who are viewing this thread

We see some movement on Steam-DB again. I wonder if they plan on releasing the next patch faster because this one had relatively few bugs when hey had so much time to fix minor things with the delay in 1.5.10. Eighter this or they are preparing more hotfixes(they just updated beta and live test branches)
I only expect one big update per month.
1.5.10 was quite smooth but some people are still facing performance issues, so I guess we will see only hotfixes for the coming 2 weeks.

Returning back to the discussion of finances, I continue to find it difficult very difficult to build any kind of a war chest. I own two cities with small garrisons and I am just constantly grinding to try to keep from going bankrupt. I'm wondering if part of the problem is how much loot has been nerfed. My clan is at level 4 and I feel like my gear is below what it would normally be by now. This is fine except that the nerf probably needed some offset in other incomes.

I am playing Valandian and I have probably around 30 knights. Maybe that is too much? I also took a different strategy and picked up more companions in order to be building replacements up in case of deaths. Maybe this cost is affecting finances more than expected as well.

I was always on the verge of going broke and could not afford to build up a strong garrison to fend off sieges. It was just way too tedious so I abandoned this playthrough. Hopefully more features and balancing to come.
There's plenty of options to get rich... If you can't sustain your army your best bet would be to grind some money before making a big/strong army. Workshops are pretty much a must, caravans I don't use but are helpful as well. I usually start the game by doing tournaments with a small band of troops, doing a few quests, then I get my first workshop. I don't get a lot of troops early on, and I don't upgrade them a lot either, there is no need to (so you don't pay money to upgrade and bigger wages, especially as vlandian as you upgrade troops more often which gets expensive quick, especially early on). Companions - leave them in towns and there is no wage, or send them on quests.. I like playing a slower early game just to make some bank early on so I can manage my party without worries later on. At the beginning of the game your main goal is pretty much farming renown anyway, so you don't need many troops for tournaments, quests, bandits...

Some roguery skill for more loot or trading skill also helps (can get at least 25 points in trading so you get the 15% decrease in sell price penalty for equipments if you don't plan on doing a lot of trading).
Smithing is cheese and I don't really like using it for money but it is pretty op.

It's fairly easy to get money if you are patient in the early game and make some bank before going on your main ventures tbh. You might just be going too quickly into "end-game territory". There's perk trees specifically designed to make more money, so it would make sense to struggle a bit financially if you don't explore any of these avenues. Still, if you know what you're doing it's still not that hard even without those skills.

Hotfix 17/05/21

Singleplayer​

Crashes
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when opening the trade screen in settlements. (Also in e1.5.9 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash that was caused by the main storyline's second phase. (Also in e1.5.9 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when trying to talk to Arzagos.
  • Fixed a number of crashes related to the "Artisan Can't Sell Product at a Fair Price" quest.
Fixes
  • Fixed a bug that occurred when the player forfeited during the AI's turn in board games. (Also in e1.5.9 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a bug that caused the main party wounded count to increase permanently after failing a prison break attempt. (Also in e1.5.9 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a memory problem in settlement menus when the game language was set to Turkish.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented education notifications from disappearing after completing the related stage.
Changes
  • Added plural text function support for non-English translations.
  • Updated Chinese subtitles for the campaign intro movie.

Modding​

• Fixed mod sound channels enabling mods to play 3D sounds.

Returning back to the discussion of finances, I continue to find it difficult very difficult to build any kind of a war chest. I own two cities with small garrisons and I am just constantly grinding to try to keep from going bankrupt. I'm wondering if part of the problem is how much loot has been nerfed. My clan is at level 4 and I feel like my gear is below what it would normally be by now. This is fine except that the nerf probably needed some offset in other incomes.

I am playing Valandian and I have probably around 30 knights. Maybe that is too much? I also took a different strategy and picked up more companions in order to be building replacements up in case of deaths. Maybe this cost is affecting finances more than expected as well.

I was always on the verge of going broke and could not afford to build up a strong garrison to fend off sieges. It was just way too tedious so I abandoned this playthrough. Hopefully more features and balancing to come.

I really do not understand how you are having issues with two towns. Let’s assume you are getting 1500 gold per each town, including bound villages and tariffs, which is actually low (I am getting 3000-3500 just from one town). Plus you should be getting 1000 from 5 workshops... how is possible that you cannot afford wages with +4000 gold daily?

I have the feeling that you are maybe paying too much for garrison. I do not pay more than 500 denars per garrison’s settlement except if I am having great finances.

In my current playthrough, I have payed 500K denars for a chest armor, plus other 300K on equipment for my family/companions, and about 700K for recruiting lords. I still have 200K in my treasure.

How much are you paying for parties and garrison wages?

Have they done anything with the "I have a quick question" -> "Never mind" stuff in lord/lady dialogues? As weird as it sounds the completely lack of meaningful lord/lady dialogue is the big thing preventing me from another go at this because the way it was when I last checked was utterly immersion-shattering.

Hotfix 17/05/21

Singleplayer​

Crashes
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when opening the trade screen in settlements. (Also in e1.5.9 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash that was caused by the main storyline's second phase. (Also in e1.5.9 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when trying to talk to Arzagos.
  • Fixed a number of crashes related to the "Artisan Can't Sell Product at a Fair Price" quest.
Fixes
  • Fixed a bug that occurred when the player forfeited during the AI's turn in board games. (Also in e1.5.9 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a bug that caused the main party wounded count to increase permanently after failing a prison break attempt. (Also in e1.5.9 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a memory problem in settlement menus when the game language was set to Turkish.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented education notifications from disappearing after completing the related stage.
Changes
  • Added plural text function support for non-English translations.
  • Updated Chinese subtitles for the campaign intro movie.

Modding​

• Fixed mod sound channels enabling mods to play 3D sounds.
Thanks for the hotfix update. the only thing i can not work out is i have over 1300 hrs played in this game and have never had any of the crashes that you have fixed ,

Experiencing the same crash over and over after this hotfix GG...
Turns out it happens exactly when my quartermaster reaches 194 in steward skill
Aside of this after fresh reinstall and verifying my gamefiles i keep on crashing on startup or just when trying to load my character.
Might have to scrap this save until branch becomes stable.

Last edited:
Thanks for the hotfix update. the only thing i can not work out is i have over 1300 hrs played in this game and have never had any of the crashes that you have fixed ,
You are a natural Taleworlds QA material then, you could apply for a job if you wish. Unless you are sarcastic and talking about all the crashes they haven't fixed but you have all the time.

Have they done anything with the "I have a quick question" -> "Never mind" stuff in lord/lady dialogues? As weird as it sounds the completely lack of meaningful lord/lady dialogue is the big thing preventing me from another go at this because the way it was when I last checked was utterly immersion-shattering.
Same with me :/

Still no fixes for the lagging on trade screen and encyclopedia i see.
It seems i need to wait another week before i can finnaly play the game as normal again

So we still don't know if it is an intended feature to take the command UI away from the player after the enemy routes?
This is intended behaviour but the feedback of the community on this particular issue has been received and will be discussed at the next feedback meeting.

This is intended behaviour but the feedback of the community on this particular issue has been received and will be discussed at the next feedback meeting.
Very good.

On another topic, I noticed a bug with the smithing mechanic, when the player crafts a 2handed Lance that can couch, couching it in combat swaps to a shield (if in inventory) before allowing infinite couching once the Lance is equipped again (as in the lance recouches instantly, the player also keeps the shield despite the Lance being 2-handed).

Just in case it wasn’t reported already.

Any news on lord personality traits? Was hoping to see an improvement and how it impacts they’re behaviour in battles

Back
Top Bottom