Beta Patch Notes e1.5.10

Users who are viewing this thread

The dude said the changes produced drops of 20fps when Ai was on the ladders, obviously TW's couldn't release it like that so that could be the reason but who the **** knows.

It's probably the most talked about SP issue since EA release, I can't understand why they won't just tell us what they're doing to fix it and when they think it might be fixed.

My hope is the fixes will be intertwined with the new battle scene system update.
tbf as well if he has a beefy pc (it looks like it due to amount of men) and hes getting 20 fps lost think about all the people who have a average PC as well

and yeah it would be nice if Talewolrds told us (im sure they said the issue wasnt the AI more the way castles were and how they tried to path through them) but i doubt they will just leave it broken as it is since its a large portion of the game

Seriously, I really do not get why people have so many issues with money. Not sure if you are running with 300 Fians Champions armies or what, but workshops are usually able to sustain an elite party in early/mid game. In late game, you can easily pay 300 men wages with 6-7 workshops and one town (this is like 2500 daily or even much more, depending on the town).
honestly the issues i have with money is that by mid-late game i have too much with nothing interesting to spend on, the economy is bugged and gear shouldn't be more expensive than a town or castle but even brought down to normal levels it just doesn't feel rewarding to spend thousands in a piece of gear (that barely protects you anyway thanks to paper armor)

Taxes/caravans/workshops could pay a bit better while battles pay a bit too much in vendor trash while they should pay less but give you interesting loot from time to time like in warband, equipment shouldn't be so expensive but you should have side activities/fief management as your main money sink.

bannerlord kinda has the pieces all over the place and the devs have still to figure out an enjoyable game-formula, they focus too much on simulating everything and too little in fun and rewarding gamming/rpg systems.

p.jpeg

Is the wage limit not working or am I doing something wrong? If the limit is set to 241, and the current wage is 140, then why are the party wages costing me -467 a day?

Just wondered if anyone else has tried the defensive stance on their Companion armies. I sent a companion out with no soldiers and he built up an impressive sized force. Problem is he then went and joined another army.
So not to sure what defensive stance actually means anyone else have an idea?

Just wondered if anyone else has tried the defensive stance on their Companion armies. I sent a companion out with no soldiers and he built up an impressive sized force. Problem is he then went and joined another army.
So not to sure what defensive stance actually means anyone else have an idea?
My impression was that the stances don't have anything to do with whether or not they join an army. It's more about preserving the health of the leader and it's members. Defensive stance makes them less likely to take fights against looters/bandits/enemy parties. Aggressive more likely to take fights. Personally I'd prefer it correlate with the army joining/not joining as well.

My impression was that the stances don't have anything to do with whether or not they join an army. It's more about preserving the health of the leader and it's members. Defensive stance makes them less likely to take fights against looters/bandits/enemy parties. Aggressive more likely to take fights. Personally I'd prefer it correlate with the army joining/not joining as well.
That makes sense as their first fight was as part of the army. Yes would be nice to stop them joining another army.

Yes its a pain parties of yours joining others . but right now at least we no they will come back. change the death so other armies have lords die in battle and then you would need to stop your parties joining others.

The fact that prosperity somehow is a driver for starvation seems really non-intuitive to me. Also, some of the food selections are abundant and priced low in spite of the starvation. So, if I go buy them elsewhere to feed the city, I have to sell them at a loss. I would think that price/demand would go up in a starvation scenario and people would be able to pay it since prosperity is high.
More people eat more food.

As for food selections being abundant and cheap, each city has a certain amount of each type of food it wants. Once that requirement is met, the demand for it drops off. You can check it by hovering over the basket in the town management screen:
consumption_UI.png

It doesn't work the way you'd figure it does, with people substituting other foods for grain during food shortages.

honestly the issues i have with money is that by mid-late game i have too much with nothing interesting to spend on, the economy is bugged and gear shouldn't be more expensive than a town or castle but even brought down to normal levels it just doesn't feel rewarding to spend thousands in a piece of gear (that barely protects you anyway thanks to paper armor)

Taxes/caravans/workshops could pay a bit better while battles pay a bit too much in vendor trash while they should pay less but give you interesting loot from time to time like in warband, equipment shouldn't be so expensive but you should have side activities/fief management as your main money sink.

bannerlord kinda has the pieces all over the place and the devs have still to figure out an enjoyable game-formula, they focus too much on simulating everything and too little in fun and rewarding gamming/rpg systems.

Well, I think we all do agree with equipment is pretty overpriced, but it is a known issue for devs and hopefully fixed in some few patches. Workshops are paying what they should in my view, while I do agree with caravans are underpowered.

Anyway, even in the current state, I have not issues with money. Just do not get what you cannot pay. In my current campaign I have +300K gold at day 400, even when I have invested money for getting a decent equipment for my companions.

More people eat more food.

As for food selections being abundant and cheap, each city has a certain amount of each type of food it wants. Once that requirement is met, the demand for it drops off. You can check it by hovering over the basket in the town management screen:
consumption_UI.png

It doesn't work the way you'd figure it does, with people substituting other foods for grain during food shortages.
I've never pay close enough attention, are the consumption numbers what is being consumed or what is required? I've always assumed it was what is being consumed.

I've never pay close enough attention, are the consumption numbers what is being consumed or what is required? I've always assumed it was what is being consumed.
What is being consumed. I use it as shorthand because there isn't a way to directly see town requirements -- there is a bit more complexity there that I'm glossing over. Like running out of luxury foods (wine), for example, doesn't actually do much except get them to pay more for it as caravans come.

Every town's prosperity in Calradia is fueled by grain and to a lesser extent, fish.

So, if my town is not getting enough grain but has enough other foods it does seem that they should switch to eating whatever is available. At a minimum, it would be nice if I could do something about it like telling villages to stop sending us **** we don't need and send us grain instead. Apparently all I can do is go buy grain myself and sell it?

I'm waiting for the beta branch to be playable on main "stable" branch.
I don't want to start a new game and just continue my playthrough.
Anyone knows the accepted pattern in there for beta->main ? Should we wait 1 more week ?

I'm waiting for the beta branch to be playable on main "stable" branch.
I don't want to start a new game and just continue my playthrough.
Anyone knows the accepted pattern in there for beta->main ? Should we wait 1 more week ?
There's no pattern, it's all over the place. The fact we didn't get a hot fix today probably mean it won't move to stable next week. Most likely hotfix next week then who knows. Only with 1.5.9 did they move the beta to stable without adding a new beta, not sure if that's going to be what they do with 1.5.10 or if they will wait for the next beta. Could be 2 weeks or 2 months for the next beta.

Damn, that's rough. Thanks.
I remember Mexxico talking about 1.5.11 like a month ago. ( economic part, on a thread somewhere, maybe on Engine Thread )
I was asking this because I don't track how the beta ship to main branch over the last months, so maybe some of you would pinpoint an habit, a pattern based on their previous updates.

So, if my town is not getting enough grain but has enough other foods it does seem that they should switch to eating whatever is available. At a minimum, it would be nice if I could do something about it like telling villages to stop sending us **** we don't need and send us grain instead. Apparently all I can do is go buy grain myself and sell it?
I'm about 90% sure they are sending grain but no village except a grain village produces enough to matter in the slightest to a town. Caravans should start routing your way though, although that can be a mixed blessing; sometimes you'll get a run of good luck with them and they set the town at a unsustainable level of prosperity from which it death spirals when something changes e.g. different wars, different castles taken by different factions, a particularly nasty group of bandits that can scare off caravans, a mega-city arising elsewhere, etc.

Hello..I want to ask someting..Main quest time calculation came again? it says 700 days remain..This came with 1.5.10? I think there was no time restriction in 1.5.9..Am I wrong?

Back
Top Bottom