Beta Patch Notes e1.5.10

Users who are viewing this thread

saw a post on reddit about some guy sayying he tweaked some values of distance to each other and ladders and that apparently fixed them

My question is if it was a simple fix like this for seiges to work why hasent it yet or did he have one good seige and actually if he played for long enough it would still be bad?
can u link the post please? Thank you in advance.

For armies there exists an additional experience gain for leadership.
The formula is: Army Strength x Morale x 0.0004
Morale is the average morale of the army and army strength is calculated based on the unit composition(tier weighted unit counts, e.g. T2 unit is ~0.9) of the parties making up the army.

Bonus Answer:
We will balance the leadership gain since after removing a bug making leadership giving enormous amounts of morale, the average morale is rather hard to keep at high enough levels to sustain experience gain.

On the topic of "armies without kingdoms", it's definitely something we're considering (to include or not to include). I am not sure how to implement without breaking early game balance as armies without kingdoms can lead to a kingdomless player to overpower some weaker factions or rebel clans and create a pseudo-kingdoms without all of the necessary responsibilities of a kingdom (like voting, requiring influence to make people do certain things, etc.) but with large benefits such as taxation direct control of the fief ownership and similar.
Thank you so much for your answers! For the last part, that's EXACTLY how I play bannerlord now! I do all that without any armies, the only thing I want an army for is to raise leadership for the skill/perks. It's not just weaker factions either, in many games I take the Khuzait capitol as my first fief. I feel vassals only cause more problems so even once I'm tier 4, there's no motivation to become a real kingdom. Anyways, I guess my point is, this early game balance is already very breakable so it's a shame to leave out a mechanic like free-clan armies just for that reason.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I have been granted a town and they're starving and I can't seem to do anything about it. Not only that, but I can't make enough money to sustain a small army. When I get to the point of owning a town, I don't expect to have to chase down bandits non-stop just to pay the bills. Not fun.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I have been granted a town and they're starving and I can't seem to do anything about it. Not only that, but I can't make enough money to sustain a small army. When I get to the point of owning a town, I don't expect to have to chase down bandits non-stop just to pay the bills. Not fun.
Yes it needs some fixes in general, but if you post the pics of what your town stats are maybe we can see if it's fixable. Sometimes in current beta it isn't, it's just too bad off and a rebellion is coming. As for your money, yes it's very battle loot dependent, you need about 5 town to passively support an active high tier party. IF you have you campaign brother his perks might help you reduce some garrison costs and other benefits.

This is a very good situation to be posted in like the suggestions area with screenshots so the devs can see problems and make adjustments to help these types of problems, which they do make adjustments. I know from a dev, runaway prosperity is an issue they are looking into as the game progresses so additional information can really help them out and they may even want your save game so they can load it up and get right to problems to help fix it

Yes it needs some fixes in general, but if you post the pics of what your town stats are maybe we can see if it's fixable. Sometimes in current beta it isn't, it's just too bad off and a rebellion is coming. As for your money, yes it's very battle loot dependent, you need about 5 town to passively support an active high tier party. IF you have you campaign brother his perks might help you reduce some garrison costs and other benefits.

Owning 5 towns seems excessive for having a stable income. I don't expect to be stupid rich from one town, but I should be in a pretty good position financially. My brother is our Quartermaster.

I'll go back in the saves and try to get a good screenshot. Basically, although I have pulled what garrison I can out to reduce food consumption, this city has been starving non-stop.

What's frustrating to me is not so much the challenge of trying to bring a town I have been granted into a good state as the fact that I have no idea what to do to fix the ****show. Prosperity is high, villages are safe, the garrison is moderate, and these assholes are constantly buttmad and starving. There should be short-term and long-term intuitive solutions.

Seriously, I really do not get why people have so many issues with money. Not sure if you are running with 300 Fians Champions armies or what, but workshops are usually able to sustain an elite party in early/mid game. In late game, you can easily pay 300 men wages with 6-7 workshops and one town (this is like 2500 daily or even much more, depending on the town).

Seriously, I really do not get why people have so many issues with money. Not sure if you are running with 300 Fians Champions armies or what, but workshops are usually able to sustain an elite party in early/mid game. In late game, you can easily pay 300 men wages with 6-7 workshops and one town (this is like 2500 daily or even much more, depending on the town).
They don't fight much.

They don't fight much.

It is actually not necessary to fight much for getting money. Of course, it is necessary to do something if you want to increase your denars and passive income is not (should not be) enough to make you rich. It is as simple as start trading, and then buy some workshops. I can get a lot of money from manual trading, while paying wages just with passive income.

Even when I'm fielding (and constantly building because paper armors) an army of Khuzait cavalry, I don't need to fight much. Just one castle was enough to make the daily cost bearable. Get a town and it becomes trivial. I think people just hate being in the minus? That's why they say they can't "afford" it?

Going to war every once in a while will net you at least 50k denars. Losing 300 denars per day doesn't really matter if you have that much money.

It is actually not necessary to fight much for getting money. Of course, it is necessary to do something if you want to increase your denars and passive income is not (should not be) enough to make you rich. It is as simple as start trading, and then buy some workshops. I can get a lot of money from manual trading, while paying wages just with passive income.
Yeah, I guess "they don't fight enough" would be better worded. I once watched a stream of a dude with money problems who was avoiding all wars but had a party of 220+ max-tier units and no perks to reduce party wages.

Like, that's a point where the game should punish you.

Hi All , Since the v 1.5.8 the x button was removed for switching the 1 handed / 2 handed swords, and it was made forced 2 handed swords without shield , which kills alot of immersion and also prevents us using 1 handed perks without shield witha hybrite sword. Also logically if a sword can be used as one handed with a shield it can also be used aa one handed without a shield. At least for the single player please look in to it if you can spare any time. Is there any chance that could be fixed at least for Single player if not for MP..

the thing im sceptical about is two things

1: if it was so easy to fix why hasnt Taleworlds done so

and 2: thats just an image of one battle for all we know that one battle worked well but ones after do not
The dude said the changes produced drops of 20fps when Ai was on the ladders, obviously TW's couldn't release it like that so that could be the reason but who the **** knows.

It's probably the most talked about SP issue since EA release, I can't understand why they won't just tell us what they're doing to fix it and when they think it might be fixed.

My hope is the fixes will be intertwined with the new battle scene system update.

They don't fight much.

I'm struggling for money in my game and I have been fighting and questing as much as possible. I was granted Sargot and it has been starving for weeks with a garrison of 200-some. It was under siege once but I repelled it but its villages have been safe and productive. I think at last check I was losing about 1000 per day. I do have a lot of knights but a lot have been available for recruiting.

The fact that prosperity somehow is a driver for starvation seems really non-intuitive to me. Also, some of the food selections are abundant and priced low in spite of the starvation. So, if I go buy them elsewhere to feed the city, I have to sell them at a loss. I would think that price/demand would go up in a starvation scenario and people would be able to pay it since prosperity is high.

Back
Top Bottom