Beta Patch Notes e1.5.10

Users who are viewing this thread

Yep, it's not playable.
Well, it is kinda playable, though it is far from being a good experience to my opinion. Needs to be fixed ASAP.

@Dejan sorry for tagging you, but maybe you may share any info on the progress of the terrain system that has been presented a few months ago? Any probability for it to appear in, say, next 1-2 patches?

Is it unplayable as in the whole game is lagging horribly? Or just several parts of it (ex: map lags but battle is fine)?
My game ran smoothly until 1.5.9, then in 1.5.10 the lag got insane. 10 seconds to load encyclopedia family pictures with 100 FPS drops just for starters. It used to load without any lag period.

My game ran smoothly until 1.5.9, then in 1.5.10 the lag got insane. 10 seconds to load encyclopedia family pictures with 100 FPS drops just for starters. It used to load without any lag period.
Hmm. I really can't help much, but there was a talk about anti-aliasing setting back in 1.5.9. Some people found that the Temporal options made their game lag, and they were fine after reducing it. Maybe it can help you.

Hmm. I really can't help much, but there was a talk about anti-aliasing setting back in 1.5.9. Some people found that the Temporal options made their game lag, and they were fine after reducing it. Maybe it can help you.
It's only in menus, battles are fine. I tried lowering settings and it had no effect in the encyclopedia. Turning AA off had zero impact on menu lag.

Last edited:
I'm not qualified to talk about software engineering/architecture; however as a user myself I'm surprised at how polarised the player's experiences are depending on the version of the game. I would say that a % of users are inevitably going to have problems, either due to hardware shortcomings or software compatibility issues. That said that % is far too high with Bannerlord. I don't understand how for one % of players a version runs remarkably well while another % of players are unable to run the game under "normal" conditions.

I have my suspicions, from a lack of technical knowledge of course; that something has happened since this was implemented:

gZf2F.png

In September 2020 I had a pretty decent performance in battles of 1000 agents on screen with settings with most parameters on High. Really, for the build I currently have (i7 2600k + 1060 6GB + 8Gb ram in W10), I'd be happy with that.

GoodJob.jpg

I'm still on main version 1.5.9, but unfortunately I can no longer launch battles with 1000 agents because the stuttering is terrible; even with 500 agents the experience is not smooth like back then. The loading of menus, textures etc... is really slow.

I have had huge issues with stutterings in all different games (even in the grand strategy ones, with game paused with just scrolling arround the map), until i figured out most of my stutters were fixed by simply changing the display from within the games' options from fullscreen to borderless windowed or windowed mode.
My PC for some reason just doesen't stand fullscreen, even with fullscreen optimization turned off and xbox game bar off in windows options.

Now it feels like i've been reborn, so i guess it's worth at least a try for those that have this issue in Bannerlord.

With Borderless (+ the same configuration) the performance doesn't change; still bad.

September 2020​
May 2021​
GoodJob.jpg
LbTmw.png

Edit: this with "Windowed":
KSyE-.png

Last edited:
Its sad there is no "@alldevs" option but i think @Duh_TaleWorlds is in charge of the "SkilllevelingManager"

So here some questions:

1. Is it ok that you will gain Rougery xp on leading bandit troops(On Daily Tick) only if you are above 70 Morale?Why does Morale matter in this way?
2. Why can´t you gain Leadership xp when leading normal troops(On Daily Tick)?
3. Why you gain StewardSkill xp after a TownProject/Building is finished, instead of Engineering?

With Borderless (+ the same configuration) the performance doesn't change; still bad.
That's a shame.
Although, i was speaking mainly for UI intensive windows (like all grand strategies have all the time), so i thought it might influence the menu and encyclopedia lag and stutter people mention here, not much hope for battles, as i too had struggled with those, until i lowered audio channels to the lowest setting.
Still not optimal concidering my specs, but i gained 15 fps with that setting alone in huge custom battles ?‍♂️

Battles are fine for me even with my graphical settings all maxed out. Opening menus, UI etc are a different story, they're laggy and takes too long to load. Very interesting. Everything was fine until the last 1.5.9 hotfix.

Battles are fine for me even with my graphical settings all maxed out. Opening menus, UI etc are a different story, they're laggy and takes too long to load. Very interesting. Everything was fine until the last 1.5.9 hotfix.
Same here, the problem appears only when we're talking about any menu. Battles seem to run fine (haven't tried sieges yet, tho).

I have encountered light stutterings in battles and menus after the last hotfix for 1.5.9 (2-3 weeks ago?).
Everything is fine with 1.5.10...
I hope they can make it the case for higher % of the players.

Its sad there is no "@alldevs" option but i think @Duh_TaleWorlds is in charge of the "SkilllevelingManager"

So here some questions:

1. Is it ok that you will gain Rougery xp on leading bandit troops(On Daily Tick) only if you are above 70 Morale?Why does Morale matter in this way?
2. Why can´t you gain Leadership xp when leading normal troops(On Daily Tick)?
3. Why you gain StewardSkill xp after a TownProject/Building is finished, instead of Engineering?
Hey, thanks for the questions!
  1. Morale matters because if it did not one can just fill up bandit troops to their party and not care about the party at all and by simply waiting and paying wages one can gain roguery experience.
  2. You can, it is similar to roguery and it requires at least 75 morale to gain experience for leadership for each party member you have. Formula is (Morale-70) x Total Man Count x 0.01
  3. Because the current design prioritizes the management aspects for governors and therefore rewards stewardship experience to them. However, it might be expanded to award engineering skill as well as it makes sense.

Hey, thanks for the questions!
  1. Morale matters because if it did not one can just fill up bandit troops to their party and not care about the party at all and by simply waiting and paying wages one can gain roguery experience.
  2. You can, it is similar to roguery and it requires at least 75 morale to gain experience for leadership for each party member you have. Formula is (Morale-70) x Total Man Count x 0.01
  3. Because the current design prioritizes the management aspects for governors and therefore rewards stewardship experience to them. However, it might be expanded to award engineering skill as well as it makes sense.
Thanks for the answer?

Back
Top Bottom