Beta Patch Notes e1.5.10

Users who are viewing this thread

About troops upgrades, I've read somewhere that it was an intended design, basically TW doesn't want us to have elite / max tier parties but more like a vast majority of middle tier troops and a dozen of elite soldiers only. I don't know which thread brought up that dicussion.

After looking at this patch for a bit today, I am getting massive amounts of menu lag. In the heroes pages I am dropping to 5 fps per second and it's taking 5 seconds or more before I can move my mouse without lag. This has not happened the entire time during EA in any other patches. It's unplayable.

After looking at this patch for a bit today, I am getting massive amounts of menu lag. In the heroes pages I am dropping to 5 fps per second and it's taking 5 seconds or more before I can move my mouse without lag. This has not happened the entire time during EA in any other patches. It's unplayable.
The lag is pretty frustrating. It started after the last 1.5.9 hotfix. They're aware of the issue and working to fix it which is good to hear.

About troops upgrades, I've read somewhere that it was an intended design, basically TW doesn't want us to have elite / max tier parties but more like a vast majority of middle tier troops and a dozen of elite soldiers only. I don't know which thread brought up that dicussion.
if that is the case they should increase upgrade experience requirements and also rework vlandian's culture bonus instead. But it's already slow enough to get high tier infantry units. If I really wanted max upgraded units I would just get crossbowmen since ranged units are fairly easy and safe to upgrade. The problem atm is not that you cannot get max tier parties (which you could) but that it's very, very tiresome to actually upgrade units when you got more than a few troop types. I don't find that to be a good design, so hopefully they will improve this area soon.
hold control?
it doesn't help much when you have a variety of troops in your party at different stages ready to be upgraded. You still need to click every unit individually, and click on the upgrade with control, then on to the next unit... troops die and you recruit troops all the time, troops are also upgradeable every new day if you have perks that grant you daily experience. That means that you will always do this upgrading thing, and it gets tiring really quick. The only bearable way I found of doing it is to get only 1 type of recruit and send them into battle until all units are upgradeable. Then upgrade them all at once and do the same for the next tier. That means no prisoner recruiting and it's kinda limiting, otherwise I have to deal with tons of clicks for a variety party, again. It's bad enough when there is no menu lag, but combine that with the current performance issues and the game truly becomes unplayable... we should have a better way of upgrading troops that not even laggy menus could completely burn someone out of doing that.

Another major issue is minor clans getting eliminated when the head of the clan dies/dies of old age, I think the issue is that the head isn't replaced by someone in the clan, is this a bug or intended?

It really needs fixing. You'll eventually get to a point where all the minor clans are gone.
So I better skip bannerlord on my weekend if I don't want to ruin my new playthrough. Hope this will be fixed asap .

So I better skip bannerlord on my weekend if I don't want to ruin my new playthrough. Hope this will be fixed asap .
It's mainly an issue for old saves. The minor clan leaders on my old save are mostly in their 60s are starting to die, thus wiping out the clan entirely even though there are young ones to replace them. I started a new playthrough and will get back to my old save once this issue is fixed. Trouble is no one seems to be alerting the devs about this.

I think youll be alright as long as you don't kill the head of the clan.

if that is the case they should increase upgrade experience requirements and also rework vlandian's culture bonus instead. But it's already slow enough to get high tier infantry units. If I really wanted max upgraded units I would just get crossbowmen since ranged units are fairly easy and safe to upgrade. The problem atm is not that you cannot get max tier parties (which you could) but that it's very, very tiresome to actually upgrade units when you got more than a few troop types. I don't find that to be a good design, so hopefully they will improve this area soon.

it doesn't help much when you have a variety of troops in your party at different stages ready to be upgraded. You still need to click every unit individually, and click on the upgrade with control, then on to the next unit... troops die and you recruit troops all the time, troops are also upgradeable every new day if you have perks that grant you daily experience. That means that you will always do this upgrading thing, and it gets tiring really quick. The only bearable way I found of doing it is to get only 1 type of recruit and send them into battle until all units are upgradeable. Then upgrade them all at once and do the same for the next tier. That means no prisoner recruiting and it's kinda limiting, otherwise I have to deal with tons of clicks for a variety party, again. It's bad enough when there is no menu lag, but combine that with the current performance issues and the game truly becomes unplayable... we should have a CD better way of upgrading troops that not even laggy menus could completely burn someone out of doing that.
I don’t get why the functionality of the party sorter mod is not yet implemented. You can preset the upgrade paths, even split them 50/50. After you set the paths you can auto upgrade with 1 click. It seems such an easy QoL addition. Without it upgrading a mixed party is tedious

I don’t get why the functionality of the party sorter mod is not yet implemented. You can preset the upgrade paths, even split them 50/50. After you set the paths you can auto upgrade with 1 click. It seems such an easy QoL addition. Without it upgrading a mixed party is tedious
TW has been good at ignoring fixes and improvements done by modders during the whole EA. Why change this this behaviour now?

I don’t get why the functionality of the party sorter mod is not yet implemented.
I answered this in a thread you yourself commented on. I'll post it here too:

Some of the features in that mod have already implemented internally. Like
- if the current party is under the size limit, first "transfer all" click transfers troops until the party limit, after that(general rule is, "is the right party on/or over the limit") second click transfers the rest,(This will also apply to the inventory)
- A new way to upgrade/recruit members that will reduce the required number of clicks(more than half compared to current version),
- And other improvements that are not in this mod.

These will be live in the upcoming patches.

For sorting, I'm aware the lack of sorting is felt while playing the game but until we improve the "selecting which troops will spawn in the battle size limit" process, we're probably not going to implement sorting in the party screen. Because the order of troops that are selected in the party screen determines the spawn order in the battle. That means if the player sorted ascending(low to high) by tier in the party screen, their lowest tier troops will spawn first and they will probably lose all those troops. I hope I explained what I mean with this.

Agreed, it is unplayable. It started from the hotfix for 1.5.9. It's worse than the stutter the hotfix fixed. lol

- if the current party is under the size limit, first "transfer all" click transfers troops until the party limit, after that(general rule is, "is the right party on/or over the limit") second click transfers the rest,(This will also apply to the inventory)
- A new way to upgrade/recruit members that will reduce the required number of clicks(more than half compared to current version),
- And other improvements that are not in this mod.

These will be live in the upcoming patches.
Excellent.

Ran into two problems on two different New saves for 1.5.10 wondering if anyone else ran into these.

There does not seem to be any Ranged troops for recruitment whatsoever in my playthrough in Villages/Towns, while I can upgrade into them I have not seen a single Archer (at least in Empire) up for direct hire.

I also had several crashes when being a member of an Army during a field battle right after I select a formation to lead.

FYI @MArdA TaleWorlds I submitted a few bug reports and dumps on these two things, everything else has been good and finally all of the choppiness and FPS drops have disappeared for me.

Yes these adjustments has nothing to do with a loop you mentioned. Sometimes player has nothing to do if he wants to have a town with higher prosperity. Towns currently have some invisible prosperity limits. Even you save them from enemy raids and build all projects and leave less number of garrisons prosperity stops growing at a point (which is generally high) and your town can have starving issues. Solving this (increasing food incomes) can break other mechanics of game with current ruleset. So for now nothing to do on this problem. However we will continue think on this. Maybe we can add “leave town food from your inventory” feature but this will lock player need of leaving that town food time to time which is a boring loop.
Well you can add so that player isntad of doing it himself can task someone to do that instead like put some random generated NPC in town to be supply manager/supply managment person or just feature where players can via messenger or send companion/troops to go fech supplies and then deliver it to needed settlment without player needing to do that boring loop.

There can be some features or combination of features that work togetehr like have random setlment NPC pool where player can select/chose and then same as governor be put as a supply managment person who will manage the supply and if needed automaticaly send messangers or trader wagon to go to nearest towns,villages or allies and buy needed supplies.

Or player have an option of interaction with his companions/troops and give them a quest/task/mission of sending them to gather supplies and deliver them to the neded setlemeent.

This is more of a two birds one stone aproach where you have additiona features that add some depth but also at the same time adds immersivenes to the player bcs player choses who the chamberlain,suply manager will be from the town pool NPC and have some additional interactions with its own companions/troops in a mroe immersive way.

In my game Quyaz has rebelled against the western empire, and a clan was holding the town, then it rebelled against the newly established clan - kicked their ownership, and now it's a western empire rebelled town? Is that supposed to happen as well? It's pretty interesting but I imagine it can get quite crazy if a town keeps rebelling like this, and why should it - if it was originally an Aserai town to begin with??

Also, I'm somewhere into 1 year now and I've had over 7 or 8 rebellions at this point. Something needs to be balanced because it's kinda crazy. Even if it stabilizes in a few years, the way it is now it doesn't provide a smooth new campaign introduction, everyone rebelling for no reason.
But it IS immersive bcs you as a player START the game at apoint where there is alredy a HUGE REBELION/CIVIL WAR going right in front of player aka Empire that is broken in 3 parts.You alredy start in the chaos of a civil war/rebelion that is happening with the Empire.

You as a player is alredy starting the game period of UTTER CHAOS where empire is broken into pieces,each war lord wants to have the piece of the pie.So sorry but IT MAKES SENSE to have good chunk of rebelions going on at begginng bcs Calradia at that point is destabilized (one of the power houses in Calradia is no more,the balance of power sharing is destablized and others see an opportunity to use the civil war and deminishing of empires power vacum to try and take stuff hence directly and indirectly causing domino effect of various power hungry warlords wanting to rise and exploit that power vacum that has been created) and then overtime as player gives its own impact on Calradia stage so does it impact the rebelion frequency/amount of rebelions bcs sometimes due to players actions on the Calradia world happens to directly and indirectly cause less rebelions.

Back
Top Bottom