Beta Patch Notes e1.5.10

Users who are viewing this thread

Related to Rebellions - is there a plan to add some randomization to their clan names? If not to make them more culturally aligned, then at least adding something to the name so we do not have multiple entries for rebels who launch in the same cities?

And regarding minor factions, I also encountered a bug where I killed a leader in battle and they all disappeared. Is there any chance we can see Rebel clans joining minor factions at least to counteract this?

I am not well versed in the deployment procedure but it might have been fixed as part of a more general campaign health improvements changeset and if this is the case the hotfix would wait for that changeset's confirmation. Another possibility is that changeset might not be marked as a hotfix as it is not a game-crashing issue.

Oh, okay, that actually makes sense to me. Thanks for taking the time to answer, SadShogun! :smile:

You could create an option to build a supply caravan as a city building that buys food and only sells it at the homecity. So one way of damaging a city would be to raid the grain caravans. If you make this pretty expensive and the Caravans are then also very strong but rare(once per 60 Days or something) it could offer an interesting dynamic where it could be important to defend your Grain-train in wartimes if you want to keep your city strong. A bit like the roman grain ships that supplied the city of Rome from Egypt. By going this way players only have to care about it when there is a war nearby if they are the defenders and the players can also go deep into enemy heartland to damage their economy with one large blow if they have the men to do it.(I am talking of Caravany with 200+ defenders becaus it is the large shipment for the next two years :grin: )

Yes these adjustments has nothing to do with a loop you mentioned. Sometimes player has nothing to do if he wants to have a town with higher prosperity. Towns currently have some invisible prosperity limits. Even you save them from enemy raids and build all projects and leave less number of garrisons prosperity stops growing at a point (which is generally high) and your town can have starving issues. Solving this (increasing food incomes) can break other mechanics of game with current ruleset. So for now nothing to do on this problem. However we will continue think on this. Maybe we can add “leave town food from your inventory” feature but this will lock player need of leaving that town food time to time which is a boring loop.
I'd suggest to make starving cities also dependent from grain (and other food) selling on the local market by player/caravans/other lords. The logic is: local merchants buy food to sell it on the local markets. They make their profits buying food in bulks from caravans and other external suppliers and selling it in retails to the city habitants. I think no adequate person in the real world (at least, in the Middle Age) would buy food in a starving city for high price to transport it to a well-fed city and sell it there for a lower price, this is just dumb.
How can it be implemented in the game: for example, when you sell 300 bushels of grain (or any other food) on the local market with 0 food, it could give immediately +3 to food. It also can affect negatively on the prosperity, because people of the city will have to spend more of own funds for their food (let's say, immediate effect of -1.5 to prosperity). Such algorithm could only be valid for starving cities with 0 food.

Well you will have no chance at the start of a game. you must become good friends but yes you can in time.. the longer you play in my 1.5.9 play. it got to a point after 600 days when everyone wanted to marry my kids ..

From my understanding this is still a dead-end for now.
I've mentioned it on another thread :
Mind you, I'm specifically talking about Clan Leaders, the one I pictured from my screenshot is basically a lone clan leader for instance.

well Merc clan leaders no.. but Lords clan leaders yes.

This Noble is not a Merc as far as I know :grin:

I've tried numerous times against lone clan leaders, nobles. This is a cul de sac, I've seen this issue numerous times on threads, it seems that it's not possible for the player to marry an unmarried female Clan Leader because for some reasons the game couldn't handle the disappearance of that said clan. ( a woman goes into her spouse's clan, thus making her clan dissapearing from the game )

This Noble is not a Merc as far as I know :grin:

I've tried numerous times against lone clan leaders, nobles. This is a cul de sac, I've seen this issue numerous times on threads, it seems that it's not possible for the player to marry an unmarried female Clan Leader because for some reasons the game couldn't handle the disappearance of that said clan. ( a woman goes into her spouse's clan, thus making her clan dissapearing from the game )
you are right there . your post said [So can we marry siblings to Clan Leaders now] i was talking siblings my sister she can..

Yes these adjustments has nothing to do with a loop you mentioned. Sometimes player has nothing to do if he wants to have a town with higher prosperity. Towns currently have some invisible prosperity limits. Even you save them from enemy raids and build all projects and leave less number of garrisons prosperity stops growing at a point (which is generally high) and your town can have starving issues. Solving this (increasing food incomes) can break other mechanics of game with current ruleset. So for now nothing to do on this problem. However we will continue think on this. Maybe we can add “leave town food from your inventory” feature but this will lock player need of leaving that town food time to time which is a boring loop.

Prosperity should never lead to starvation. The whole mechanic is bad. Look at the current world. In the most prosperous countries, even the "poor" are obese.

One problem is orchards produce food at static levels. It should be dynamic and as a percentage of prosperity. The more prosperous the city, the more food it should produce and the more caravans it should attract.

Would a city then become more and more prosperous over time? Sure and then it becomes more attractive to capture it. Maybe even just for looting purposes. In which case, prosperity would naturally decline.

Natural cause and effect is better than trying to force events to happen by hard coding artificial caps.

The game is still very boring to me without 50 mods and even then.... I don't know if the devs have ever played Warband mods? I expect so. It has made no difference. Look at mods like 1257 A.D. ,Perisno, Nova Aetas, and tell me if the content and immersion is even close. Not wasting my time anymore.

Back to other games.

Last edited:
Prosperity should never lead to starvation. The whole mechanic is bad. Look at the current world. In the most prosperous countries, even the "poor" are obese.

One problem is orchards produce food at static levels. It should be dynamic and as a percentage of prosperity. The more prosperous the city, the more food it should produce and the more caravans it should attract.

Would a city then become more and more prosperous over time? Sure and then it becomes more attractive to capture it. Maybe even just for looting purposes. In which case, prosperity would naturally decline.

Natural cause and effect is better than trying to force events to happen by hard coding artificial caps.
Imo it is not quite correct to interpret doings of XI century using modern logic of the current world.
Today in the prosperous countries the "poor" won't starve and even in a case of shortage of food supplies the information will be spread very fast and the suppliers will deliver needed positions using modern world's logistics.
But in the Middle Age you can have a lot of gold but still the population dying from starvation because of bad harvest. Because all of the wealth was in hands of very few noble people and peasants have nothing barely living from one harvest to another. In the history, even much later in XVIII century there were situations when rich people were swimming in luxury and poor people didn't have any food to eat at the same time like in France before revolution.

In my game Quyaz has rebelled against the western empire, and a clan was holding the town, then it rebelled against the newly established clan - kicked their ownership, and now it's a western empire rebelled town? Is that supposed to happen as well? It's pretty interesting but I imagine it can get quite crazy if a town keeps rebelling like this, and why should it - if it was originally an Aserai town to begin with??

Also, I'm somewhere into 1 year now and I've had over 7 or 8 rebellions at this point. Something needs to be balanced because it's kinda crazy. Even if it stabilizes in a few years, the way it is now it doesn't provide a smooth new campaign introduction, everyone rebelling for no reason.
What you describe was rare before, but possible. The rebel clan sides with an enemy of the faction its rebelling from, so it can have some funny result as you saw. Anyways I like rebellion. The more the better.

Been playing 1.5.10 for a few hours now and I've noticed that I can no longer control my troops once the enemy starts retreating. Which means my cavalry who's been standing in reserve, waiting to kill the enemy once they route, no longer can get the charge command.

So the enemy runs away without being harrassed because the infantry and archers cant reach them.

Is this the intended design?

Maybe we can add “leave town food from your inventory” feature but this will lock player need of leaving that town food time to time which is a boring loop.
I would really love to be able to give food to only my garrison. Like have storage I can just pile food in to save in case of a shortage, for just the garrison. I don't care at all about prosperity, my only interest is not loosing troops that I store in the garrison. I would gladly take another punishment like less taxes/prosperity or such and be able to feed just my garrison if need be.

@mexxico Is this normal in 1.5.10, town requiring this much food with this low of prosperity?

That's dirt low prosperity, why does it need so much food?
I see there's barely any food in the town, but the fact it want 66 food seems pretty greedy, though I don't if that's new since I don' think I've seen a town with such low food in older versions.
EDIT: After trying to stabilize this town I feel it just takes too much food and the loyalty drop seems very high and rapid. In previous versions I could typically make the first Orchards before the loyalty would drop too low (after a rebellion) and so help stabilize food for a garrison (thus stabilize security) but it didn't finish in this town so now it's pretty much screwed unless it just doesn't rebel for long enough.
I still don't fully understand what you guys changed but this is about 100 steps backwards. When I spend time taking a town I want to be rewarded with income and troops storage, not this annoying garbage. It would have been better to just delete all the loyalty, food and security systems then to make them even more annoying. I hope you hotfix this asap.

Last edited:
I hadn't played the game since 1.5.7, I have given another try with the current beta... well, there are many things still missing and that requires more work but I have noticed some good improvements mainly in the battle engine.

For example I feel that moral has a more important role right now, usually my men fought until the last man but now if I have lost around 2/3 of men they start running. The same thing happens with the enemies, when facing small group of bandits I have to hold the fire of my archers otherwise they start running far before reaching my line.

I had also a small battle that surprised me, I was knocked at the start due a far arrow shoot (I had very low health from the previous battle), the AI toke the control and it did pretty well. It advanced the archer line and they start firing, when the enemy closed they retreat behind the infantry line and then the infantry charged. Maybe it is not an impressive tactic but it is correct and well executed.

It is nice notice these improvements...

Yes if a rebel clan manages to establish its legitimacy by protecting its settlement for a certain amount of time, it becomes a normal clan. (Not a minor faction, just a plain normal clan without a kingdom) After becoming a normal clan, ex-rebel clans use the exact same rules with other kingdom based clans and often in a small amount of time they join a kingdom.

I am not well versed in the deployment procedure but it might have been fixed as part of a more general campaign health improvements changeset and if this is the case the hotfix would wait for that changeset's confirmation. Another possibility is that changeset might not be marked as a hotfix as it is not a game-crashing issue.
So...what happens when a normal clan loses their settlement? Could they still join a kingdom or not? Most of the normal clans eventually lose their settlement before joining a kingdom and just end up roaming around taking up all the marriageable women.

Back
Top Bottom