Beta Patch Notes e1.5.10

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi there! Glad to see you!
Some time before we had a discussion about shortage of Imperial Chargers in the game and you said that you are going to change the production of horses in the imperial villages, so they will produce only Imperial horses. But they are still producing Sturgian and Vlandian horses.
Hello @R1919 1.5.10 tests & bugfixes (before sending beta) took so long time. 1.5.10 tests started months ago - maybe at March, so 1.5.10 branch is already old. These horse production changes were already done and send. Maybe these developments could not catch 1.5.10 tests start. When returned office from vacation I will check if they will be at 1.5.11 or somehow overwritten.

Last edited:

1.5.10 tests took so long time. 1.5.10 tests started months ago. This change was already done and send. Maybe they could not catch 1.5.10, when returned office I will check if they will be at 1.5.11 or somehow overwritten.
Thank you for your answer!
I should say that I see it from 1.5.9 and I can't check 1.5.10 because I bought the game in Epic Store and don't have an option to install a beta version. But I haven't seen anything about Imperial horses in 1.5.10 patch notes.
And the numbers of Imperial Chargers in 1.5.9 are still way too low (only 0-2 in cities) which makes upgrades of cavalry ridiculously high imo (paying for 600-1000 denari for Battle horses of other factions to upgrade a single unit). Not sure though if it was fixed in 1.5.10.

Hello @R1919 1.5.10 tests took so long time. 1.5.10 tests started months ago. This change was already done and send. Maybe these horse developments could not catch 1.5.10 tests start. When returned office from vacation I will check if they will be at 1.5.11 or somehow overwritten.
Hey, when you switched a Sturgian village in the far north (Zhemyan) to produce horses, that caused Revyl to have issues with its food supply. It used to be a fish village and right now Revyl is hovering much lower than it usually does.

You basically applied a nerf to the Sturgian economy.

Towns currently have some invisible prosperity limits.
emm but they are not invisible, prosperity is capped by food production. the more town produces food, the higher prosperity level it will reach. or is there something else?
lock player need of leaving that town food time to time which is a boring loop.
yes i did that for a town. I basically was running in circles in search of food to prevent rebellion.

wood shops and smithy are doing a bit better, they still need another boost, but I plan to get my workshop guide done this week and I will email you the file again, but I did want to say thanks for making adjustments. The one thing I will ask is please check Sturgia in my next list, they need some serious help, their villages are producing things that dont help workshops and therefor their shops are the worst in the game
Thanks for your detailed list. It was clearly showing how wood workshops & smithies were weak compared other workshops. If you make a new list for 1.5.10 it will be so helpful.

@mexxico what about diminishing prosperity gains, the higher prosperity level goes. As an example, Balgard is capped at 4200, higher than that number goes starvation. How is the idea is to decrease daily prosperity gain? let say at 3000 it's +3 per day. at 4000 it's +1 or 0.
Although i see a flaw in such approach already

Hello @R1919 1.5.10 tests & bugfixes (before sending beta) took so long time. 1.5.10 tests started months ago - maybe at March, so 1.5.10 branch is already old. These horse production changes were already done and send. Maybe these developments could not catch 1.5.10 tests start. When returned office from vacation I will check if they will be at 1.5.11 or somehow overwritten.
u mean 1.6 someone that says he is from TW in Italian Sparticus's stream says 1.5.11 is a rumor and dont listen to rumors

You are a damn champ, mexxico, thanks for the hard work! And enjoy your vacation! :smile:

I agree but I know balancing is tough, I got a video showing them all if they want to see mine, I had around 3 rebellions constantly for the first year
I kinda like this change tbh. Greater chance to steal a town from rebels in early game.

I kinda like this change tbh. Greater chance to steal a town from rebels in early game.
very early game right now there are a lot, and with them buffed it is hard to take a town early and by the time loyatly balances out and you are strong enough to get one the rebellions have died down

Sometimes at first year there can be 6-8 rebellions because town prosperity values are nearly randomly initialized. I will look that case when returned. I accept it is not good.

About other issue you mentioned @SadShogun maybe we should not able rebellion at a town already owned by a rebel clan?
This is fixed such that rebellions should not occur if the city is controlled by a rebel clan. However, the fix is still not deployed, This will probably happen with the next version update.

This is fixed such that rebellions should not occur if the city is controlled by a rebel clan. However, the fix is still not deployed, This will probably happen with the next version update.
Just a question, will this restriction be lifted once the rebel clan is legitimized or join another faction?

Does the fix depend on something else? If not, why not issue it as a hotfix really quick?

All in all this seems to be a promising patch. Gives me hope for 1.6, even if this patch on its own isn't enough yet to get me playing again.

I'm starting to think March 2022 might be around the time the game has a good back bone. Hopefully not, but I don't see it going any other way sadly.

Yes these adjustments has nothing to do with a loop you mentioned. Sometimes player has nothing to do if he wants to have a town with higher prosperity. Towns currently have some invisible prosperity limits. Even you save them from enemy raids and build all projects and leave less number of garrisons prosperity stops growing at a point (which is generally high) and your town can have starving issues. Solving this (increasing food incomes) can break other mechanics of game with current ruleset. So for now nothing to do on this problem. However we will continue think on this. Maybe we can add “leave town food from your inventory” feature but this will lock player need of leaving that town food time to time which is a boring loop.
You could create an option to build a supply caravan as a city building that buys food and only sells it at the homecity. So one way of damaging a city would be to raid the grain caravans. If you make this pretty expensive and the Caravans are then also very strong but rare(once per 60 Days or something) it could offer an interesting dynamic where it could be important to defend your Grain-train in wartimes if you want to keep your city strong. A bit like the roman grain ships that supplied the city of Rome from Egypt. By going this way players only have to care about it when there is a war nearby if they are the defenders and the players can also go deep into enemy heartland to damage their economy with one large blow if they have the men to do it.(I am talking of Caravany with 200+ defenders becaus it is the large shipment for the next two years :grin: )

Last edited:
Just a question, will this restriction be lifted once the rebel clan is legitimized or join another faction?
Yes if a rebel clan manages to establish its legitimacy by protecting its settlement for a certain amount of time, it becomes a normal clan. (Not a minor faction, just a plain normal clan without a kingdom) After becoming a normal clan, ex-rebel clans use the exact same rules with other kingdom based clans and often in a small amount of time they join a kingdom.
Does the fix depend on something else? If not, why not issue it as a hotfix really quick?
I am not well versed in the deployment procedure but it might have been fixed as part of a more general campaign health improvements changeset and if this is the case the hotfix would wait for that changeset's confirmation. Another possibility is that changeset might not be marked as a hotfix as it is not a game-crashing issue.

Back
Top Bottom