Beta Patch Notes e1.5.10

Users who are viewing this thread

At initial years there become more starvations than normal because town prosperity values are not determined by around food sources also towns do not have developed projects so this yields more starvation & rebellions at first 3-4 years then world become more stabilized as terms of food and prosperity so rebellions decrease.
But such adjustment has nothing to do with a loop of prosperity, food consumption, loss of security and loyalty and prosperity due to starvation etc.
What this adjustment did is simply put a hard cap on prosperity in each and every town. Let say Jaculan will always have more prosperity than Balgard. Because Jaculan has 4 bound villages when Balgard has 2.
Besides, can you please confirm or deny it. Village production of raw materials, is it linked to a number of hearths or not? Or food production +12 max now is some kind of indication?

Last edited:
@Callum there was a 1.31 gb update, is that new or one already posted, sorry if I missed it
not sure what happened, my beta defaulted back to 1.5.9 so I had to switch back to 1.5.10 so a bunch of downloading is happening, so not sure what is new or not

At initial years there become more starvations than normal because town prosperity values are not determined by around food sources also towns do not have developed projects so this yields more starvation & rebellions at first 3-4 years then world become more stabilized as terms of food and prosperity so rebellions decrease. Before changes there were nearly no rebellions at 1.5.9, so a new feature (rebellions) was nearly lost.

About lord recruitment if they will want more money than 500K + your money x 0.2 they directly say “i am not interested - i do not want to serve another liege”. So if you have 1M and if lord need 700K for changing sides he directly rejects so you do not lose time in persuasion steps. To reduce amount he will want from you and get a positive answer develop your relation with that lord and find lords in bad financial condition (no fiefs less money)
In my game Quyaz has rebelled against the western empire, and a clan was holding the town, then it rebelled against the newly established clan - kicked their ownership, and now it's a western empire rebelled town? Is that supposed to happen as well? It's pretty interesting but I imagine it can get quite crazy if a town keeps rebelling like this, and why should it - if it was originally an Aserai town to begin with??

Also, I'm somewhere into 1 year now and I've had over 7 or 8 rebellions at this point. Something needs to be balanced because it's kinda crazy. Even if it stabilizes in a few years, the way it is now it doesn't provide a smooth new campaign introduction, everyone rebelling for no reason.

Last edited:
In my game Quyaz has rebelled against the western empire, and a clan was holding the town, then it rebelled against the newly established clan - kicked their ownership, and now it's a western empire rebelled town? Is that supposed to happen as well? It's pretty interesting but I imagine it can get quite crazy if a town keeps rebelling like this, and why should it - if it was originally an Aserai town to begin with??

Also, I'm somewhere into 1 year now and I've had over 7 or 8 rebellions at this point. Something needs to be balanced because it's kinda crazy.
when you get further into the game it will work out better and rebellions die out fast and there arent many

when you get further into the game it will work out better and rebellions die out fast and there arent many
which again doesn't sound that good to me. Rebellions should be an integral part of the game from start to finish, happen rarely but not too rarely and not too often and for distinct reasons to feel significant. 8 rebellions in 1 year and 0-1-2 rebellions in later years doesn't sound balanced... if we had a few rebellions each year that would mean the mechanic is working properly imo. How did these civilization even last so long if everyone is rebelling and burning the cities and what not? It's not immersive for the "game to start" just when the player decides to start his campaign, and towns finally start creating projects which lead to less rebellions... something's wrong here

Also, I'm somewhere into 1 year now and I've had over 7 or 8 rebellions at this point. Something needs to be balanced because it's kinda crazy. Even if it stabilizes in a few years, the way it is now it doesn't provide a smooth new campaign introduction, everyone rebelling for no reason.
Sometimes at first year there can be 6-8 rebellions because town prosperity values are nearly randomly initialized. I will look that case when returned. I accept it is not good.

About other issue you mentioned @SadShogun maybe we should not able rebellion at a town already owned by a rebel clan?

which again doesn't sound that good to me. Rebellions should be an integral part of the game from start to finish, happen rarely but not too rarely and not too often and for distinct reasons to feel significant. 8 rebellions in 1 year and 0-1-2 rebellions in later years doesn't sound balanced... if we had a few rebellions each year that would mean the mechanic is working properly imo.
I agree but I know balancing is tough, I got a video showing them all if they want to see mine, I had around 3 rebellions constantly for the first year

@mexxico
Hi there! Glad to see you!
Some time before we had a discussion about shortage of Imperial Chargers in the game and you said that you are going to change the production of horses in the imperial villages, so they will produce only Imperial horses. But they are still producing Sturgian and Vlandian horses.
mexxico said:
Changed productions and now all breeding villages of all cultures now only produce their own culture's horses :
Also converted 2 Vlandian and Sturgian villages to breeding villages from fisherman / grain / flax villages. This will increases count of horses at world slightly and reduce prices a bit.

Sometimes at first year there can be 6-8 rebellions because town prosperity values are nearly randomly initialized. I will look that case when returned. I accept it is not good.

About other issue you mentioned @SadShogun maybe we should not able rebellion at a town already owned by a rebel clan?
or maybe when a rebellion it stopped increase the base loyatly a little to give them a chance to increase it before the next one starts

ah I see, so I got some values that created lots and lots of rebellions. Makes sense. Thank you for your response, there is no hurry, I just wanted to point out something that felt to be not working as intended. Thank you for your work!

But such adjustment has nothing to do with a loop of prosperity, food consumption, loss of security and loyalty and prosperity due to starvation etc.
What this adjustment did is simply put a hard cap on prosperity in each and every town. Let say Jaculan will always have more prosperity than Balgard. Because Jaculan has 4 bound villages when Balgard has 2.
Besides, can you please confirm or deny it. Village production of raw materials, is it linked to a number of hearths or not? Or food production +12 max now is some kind of indication?

Yes these adjustments has nothing to do with a loop you mentioned. Sometimes player has nothing to do if he wants to have a town with higher prosperity. Towns currently have some invisible prosperity limits. Even you save them from enemy raids and build all projects and leave less number of garrisons prosperity stops growing at a point (which is generally high) and your town can have starving issues. Solving this (increasing food incomes) can break other mechanics of game with current ruleset. So for now nothing to do on this problem. However we will continue think on this. Maybe we can add “leave town food from your inventory” feature but this will lock player need of leaving that town food time to time which is a boring loop.

Are loading times for late stage campaigns any better in 1.5.10? The difference between loading a relatively new campaign and one that I've been playing for more than a few in-game years is huge on 1.5.9.

Yes these adjustments has nothing to do with a loop you mentioned. Sometimes player has nothing to do if he wants to have a town with higher prosperity. Towns currently have some invisible prosperity limits. Even you save them from enemy raids and build all projects and leave less number of garrisons prosperity stops growing at a point (which is generally high) and your town can have starving issues. Solving this can break other mechanics of game with current ruleset. So for now nothing to do on this problem. However we will continue think on this.
wood shops and smithy are doing a bit better, they still need another boost, but I plan to get my workshop guide done this week and I will email you the file again, but I did want to say thanks for making adjustments. The one thing I will ask is please check Sturgia in my next list, they need some serious help, their villages are producing things that dont help workshops and therefor their shops are the worst in the game

Back
Top Bottom