Beta Patch Notes e1.5.10

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks @MArdA TaleWorlds . Will not create a ticket for it then. Would gladly help with telemetry if needed. Let's wait for the patch they will receive further optimization, then.
Telemetry Branch is for 1.5.9 for now. We will see if we need it on beta as well.
My desktop resolution is 1920x1080, and I'm running on Nvidia v.466.27, which was automatically installed for my laptop via Windows update.
Edit: Yep, according to the Nvidia driver update website, that's the latest driver.
Is your Windows also up to date? Can you try deleting the engine_config.txt file and try again if this happens again? (you can back it up and you don't have to delete it.)

Some of you guys crack me up. Giddy over a mediocre intro movie, difficulty settings, and transition sounds. Meanwhile many people are once again experiencing map stutter when walking around which is, you know, what the game is.

I launched a new game and found that looters are now apparently super humans. Not only can they one shot you in melee and have an endless supply of high-power, laser-guided rocks, but they also can withstand multiple hacks to the ****ing head with a sword.

Anyway, about 20 minutes in and I accepted a "merchants can't sell their stuff" quest and it crashed to desktop. Back on the shelf it goes.

What really changed here in the 2 months since the previous update? Bug and crash fixes? Ok but I don't think that should be 75% of your release notes at this stage. Eye candy and sounds? The artistic talent of the team has mostly been met with praise.

THE GAME NEEDS DEPTH. The team needs to show some courage and will to make some meaningful changes. More relationship dynamics, lords with real personality, feasts, conspiracy, marriage. Fix smithing. More diplomacy. Add depth to the game.

Hey, I need your help, I was banned for teamkilling 30 minutes ago, but played siege all the time and teamkilling is not possible.
I could imagine that a player from yesterday reported me, in Captn mode, because I teamkilled him because he always attacked my soldiers.
This is not fair.

Sorry for writing you here, I didn't know where else to get in touch. thank you for your help

Blueberry

Added a new combat helmet with face mask, with 2 variations (steel and brass).
got one for an insane amount of denars.
And it doesn't feel or looks like Vlandian, more like Sturgian to be honest. Also i would really like to see more shoulder armor for Vlandia, scarf, two hoods and leather thingy kinda suck. May i have a gorget? And Lucerne? please?
ok thanks, back to Sturgia. In this episode of "Life is a constant pain and suffering": Rebellions everywhere, Khuzait paintrain is on the way, will Raganvand pay 5800 tribute to survive?

Some of you guys crack me up. Giddy over a mediocre intro movie, difficulty settings, and transition sounds. Meanwhile many people are once again experiencing map stutter when walking around which is, you know, what the game is.

I launched a new game and found that looters are now apparently super humans. Not only can they one shot you in melee and have an endless supply of high-power, laser-guided rocks, but they also can withstand multiple hacks to the ****ing head with a sword.
Got the opposite perception on my end. Looters don't have laser-guided rockets and are very easy to solo a group of 12 to 13 with the beginning spear.

Got the opposite perception on my end. Looters don't have laser-guided rockets and are very easy to solo a group of 12 to 13 with the beginning spear.

All I can say is that I had played a couple of hours of 1.5.9 as Vlandia and didn't notice anything off with looters and I played 1.5.10 and they were beating the **** out of me. It seemed like it was taking ~3 hits to kill them.

Hey, I need your help, I was banned for teamkilling 30 minutes ago, but played siege all the time and teamkilling is not possible.
I could imagine that a player from yesterday reported me, in Captn mode, because I teamkilled him because he always attacked my soldiers.
This is not fair.

Sorry for writing you here, I didn't know where else to get in touch. thank you for your help

Blueberry

Make a thread in the support section. It will get more attention there from those you need help from.

Afaik internal 10 year tests yielded 2-4 rebellions (in the entire timeframe) prior to the change and 9-11 after the change.

How frequently are you experiencing them? Is it happening in a preexisting save game or a new game?
I've done two 20 year tests so far on 1.5.10.

The first test had 15 rebellions, 3 of which successfully became a clan and 2 had joined a kingdom.
S1Vmw.jpg
Second test had 27 rebellions, 6 of which successfully became a clan and only 2 had joined a kingdom.
hYP2x.jpg

they dont want to serve anyone else, is that because they have positive relations with their leader?
I think this may be due to an adjustment @mexxico worked on to improve cases were lords where to attached to kings they disliked - maybe the relation impact now matters a bit too much for situations where they do like their king. Will bring it up.

That's pretty stunning, I mean this bug is almost a game breaking... players are avoiding armies battles because otherwise their kingdoms lost to many lords, so the biggest opportunities to have massive battles which is supposed to be the core of the game are being avoid due the bug.

IMHO solving this issue should be a top priority but we get many other fixes (which are fine of course) but this hot topic is 'ignored'
It's not ignored, we have a pending task for it.

Thanks for you answer @Duh_TaleWorlds, but ... as customer it is hard to understood how a bug which is disrupting the game play can be 'a pending task' meanwhile other task that are less impacting for players are prioritized.

I am sure that the person who decides which task should be worked on have they own reason but I can not imagine which ones maybe be.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback.

I really do wish you guys would bump this up. I think balancing this is going to take a while to get right if you guys are willing to think about the game further than 10 to 20 years. I know its out of your hands though.

To be fair we did get a bandaid fix in the mean time with the new option to reduce death chance for family members.

Thanks for you answer @Duh_TaleWorlds, but ... as customer it is hard to understood how a bug which is disrupting the game play can be 'a pending task' meanwhile other task that are less impacting for players are prioritized.

I am sure that the person who decides which task should be worked on have they own reason but I can not imagine which ones maybe be.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback.
Frequent deaths help uncover issues with the mechanic. So to me, the high death rate in player encounters helped (and helps) us test death.

I really do wish you guys would bump this up. I think balancing this is going to take a while to get right if you guys are willing to think about the game further than 10 to 20 years. I know its out of your hands though.

To be fair we did get a bandaid fix in the mean time with the new option to reduce death chance for family members.
It's not and it shouldn't be too difficult to balance - at least currently the desired solution will be a drastic reduction in death rates. (To facilitate a reasonable development with simulated battles of AI.)

No RPG elements, nothing to do in scenes, no new quests, no character dialog improvements, no diplomacy improvements, it takes 2 days to convince someone to marry you, out of combat factions play exactly the same making every loop repetitive and boring, there are no interesting NPCs, there are still only 3 types of bandits that represent no threat, Multiplayer still has nothing that makes me want to play it, Tournaments only variant between factions is a change of weapons making it so they are all the same with different skins and those good mechanics from Warband were dumbed down and got made quests that make no sense (like dedicating a tournament to a lady... she now asks you to win a dedication for her??? the point was to dedicate the lady you wanted to marry a tournament not just a random... jesus), the only conversation you can have with your son is a hello/goodye, the only conversation you can have with ANYONE in this game is hello/goodbye, after a year we still have to install mods to put banners in a game called Bannerlord, music still loops incorrectly in tournaments and hideout raids, hideout raids are still just running and killing random people with no difficulty, you barely make substantial choices, there is still no strategy choices to be made (just attack and attack and... yeah defend and attack), taking care of your castle/town is just putting money and go do literally anything else, you never have to solve lordship/kingdom issues (you know, lords actually had to take care of their lands, solving problems, attending citizens issues, managing their resources) because this game doesnt have a single feature on that side...
But we have a video for the campaign now!!! Oh boy am I excited to see 5 seconds of the video just to press esc and skip it anyways and it wont make this game any better! I'm glad you guys are putting those important things as a priority! And please keep avoiding our complaints about the game, we're glad we're being heard! Best game ever, worth every penny, waited one year to see that money is being put to use! I'm not being sarcastic at all, and i'm definelty not waiting for mods to make this game good with substantial mechanics!
The time wating is NEEDED.I want Warband style of courting a lady and not simple Facebook,mobil style where you never met anyone nor interacted but suddenly right as soon as you interact with them via dialoug/*barter suddenly you get a wife like you bouth her on auction market.There should be wait period time and NOT EVERYTHING BE ON GOLDEN PLAYE RIGHT AT THE START.If you want those kind of games go play them cbs Bannerlord/Mount and Blade in general SHOULDNT BE THE QUICK FINISH TYPE OF GAME whenr eyou have everything within 5-10 hours of play.The courting/marriage sahould actualy last way way ;loger and dshould need good chunk of time to win a lady adn then be able to get her or steal it form other man via dels,killing or juts having a bigger liking/favour/standing with the king or lord wich daughter you want to take as wife.While if you are taking the commoner/non noble woman or companion for a wife then there should be som esmaller period of time where overtime you win he rfavor and get together Warband style jts a bit bettr tweeked and better executed.Same should be with lords and everything else we should have an option to chose if we want to be an ALL KNOWING GODS right from the satrt where we know everythone and everything witout every intracting with the person or entering the settlment OR gradualy update the encyclopedia and who is who during our journeys throu Calradia meeting,fighting,exploring and not just MAGICALY as soon as you create character you instantly know abount everyone and eveything even when new born from someone you n ever met b ut magicaly instantly right as it was born you know about it withut even sending spies/companions/soldiers or you yourself going and gathering intel .

I was able to find 1 clan willing to leave of the 27 I looked for. Of course I crit failed that clan so 150 days into starting my kingdom I have no clans helping me. So is this intended or was the high relation to the leader making it too hard to recruit anyone a bi product of the patch.
Damn you people realy turned into FPS players aka wanting litteraly everything to be within first 5-10 hours of gameplay.Thinsg like Lord relations,recruitment along with building projects should be long time/period things and not immedietly instant thing done within 4-10 in game days ESPECIALY when you are just a nobody who was juts put in calradia but maggicaly you have power of god almighty wher enot only you knw eveyrthing right form beggiuning BUT now you want to have MORE say and recruit lords like you are some sort of King/high ranking Noble and not a peasant pleb of Calradia who non have heard about yet you magicaly have powers to recruit lords left and right without any question/fail.You say in 150 days you barely managed to get 1 lords THIS IS A GOOD REALY GOOD THING why well bcs it just way to short of a period (in my oppinion ) that you like must alredy have that power of requirting noble lords to fight for you even thou have barely any hihg standings or being a high ranked lord.
In my oppinion TW should add more to the Lord recruitment logic and pt wher eyou cnat just be a nobody and magicaly can via influenc enad money recruit Lords left and right BUt they should introduce some type of requiremens or some more defined social/title status where player needs to reach certian relations with lords alongside rise in ranks within the Kingdom to be able to recruit certain lords while some lessser lords will be available to be easly recruited but some higher/stroner would requier not ony relationship but alos certain status within the Kingdom.And the money and presitge/infulence will just help that be faster /will be used as a fastr way of getting them isnetad of just instantly havng them without any requierments.

Last edited:
Frequent deaths help uncover issues with the mechanic. So to me, the high death rate in player encounters helped (and helps) us test death.

It's not and it shouldn't be too difficult to balance - at least currently the desired solution will be a drastic reduction in death rates. (To facilitate a reasonable development with simulated battles of AI.)
I do hope you are right and it doesn't take long to implement. The soon™er the better.

About the death feature, any word if eventually it will be implemented for the player aswell? would love to have the option to enable player death in battle, would add more risk to them and i wouldn't need to wait for my character to die of old age before playing his heir sometimes which would be cool :smile:

The time wating is NEEDED.I want Warband style of courting a lady and not simple Facebook,mobil style where you never met anyone nor interacted but suddenly right as soon as you interact with them via dialoug/*barter suddenly you get a wife like you bouth her on auction market.There should be wait period time and NOT EVERYTHING BE ON GOLDEN PLAYE RIGHT AT THE START.If you want those kind of games go play them cbs Bannerlord/Mount and Blade in general SHOULDNT BE THE QUICK FINISH TYPE OF GAME whenr eyou have everything within 5-10 hours of play.The courting/marriage sahould actualy last way way ;loger and dshould need good chunk of time to win a lady adn then be able to get her or steal it form other man via dels,killing or juts having a bigger liking/favour/standing with the king or lord wich daughter you want to take as wife.While if you are taking the commoner/non noble woman or companion for a wife then there should be som esmaller period of time where overtime you win he rfavor and get together Warband style jts a bit bettr tweeked and better executed.Same should be with lords and everything else we should have an option to chose if we want to be an ALL KNOWING GODS right from the satrt where we know everythone and everything witout every intracting with the person or entering the settlment OR gradualy update the encyclopedia and who is who during our journeys throu Calradia meeting,fighting,exploring and not just MAGICALY as soon as you create character you instantly know abount everyone and eveything even when new born from someone you n ever met b ut magicaly instantly right as it was born you know about it withut even sending spies/companions/soldiers or you yourself going and gathering intel .
Yes 100%,
It would be good if there is a court with a spymaster where you can spend money to gather intel.
Fill your encyclopaedia slowly after missions.
Figure out the defensive strength of settlements.
Give the chance of inciting rebellions.
Give information on which lords are disgruntled with their king and have a higher chance of diverting.
Spend money to increase bandit spawns in enemy kingdom.

Is your Windows also up to date? Can you try deleting the engine_config.txt file and try again if this happens again? (you can back it up and you don't have to delete it.)
Yes, Windows is updated. Also, I have done a reinstall to my Windows two days ago due to a problematic windows update, but now it runs allright and is up to date.
I tried your suggestion, but it did not yield any positive result.
When I first booted the game after deleting the file, my resolution was defaulted to 1600x900, even thought my screen res. is 1920x1080.
vYjzf.png
When I changed the res. to 1920x1080 and Fullscreen, the whole game zoomed in, like this.
AGTul.png
Then I Alt+Tabbed, and the resolution went back to normal, but the game went windowed.
hiLwt.png

Back
Top Bottom