Beta Patch Notes e1.5.10

Users who are viewing this thread

As far as I am aware, they could, but the system currently in place is also not ideal. They would need to use the same maps currently in use plus their own, which just makes a whole new dimension of mod making you didn't need to worry about before (you just needed to design the scenes, now you have to design a 100 of your own battle maps with their own weight and problems). The biggest issue is that TW is not eager to provide them with the means to produce their own system of procedurally-generated maps which could be better than warband
This is one of the features I can't wait for the mods to get ahold of. Imagine being able to fight the battle of Stamford Bridge on a map actually resembling Stamford Bridge.

This feature in a conversion mod has potential to be completely dynamic and a real game changer, since historic places will likely be represented in game. I know it won't be extremely detailed, but at least a basic geographic representation will exist for real places on earth.

Last edited:
This is one of the features I can't wait for the mods to get ahold of. Imagine being able to fight the battle of Stamford Bridge on a map actually resembling Stamford Bridge.

This feature in a conversion mod has potential to be completely dynamic and a real game changer, since historic places will likely be represented in game. I know it won't be extremely detailed, but at least a basic geographic representation will exist for real places on earth.

Need muddy ground...

I don't' know how TW will generate the basic landscape for the new terrain system but if it uses something like heightmaps then RL total conversions will be a blast with this system, a total conversion featuring the British isles for example could then easily use a detailed heightmap to generate terrain just as it is in RL (in a much lesser scale of course) and then give finishing touches by hand for it to resemble the RL locations better, it'll really depends on how they build this system and the access and control modders will have over it but it's really promising.

The latest changes to routing/ moral have made it so I can beat 30 Sea Raiders with 5 ranged men. They will often rout when they clearly have the advantage in numbers. This is a terrible design decision, it makes the very early start in a campaign no challenge at all. Has anyone else noticed this? A sea raider party had me outnumbered 8 to 1 around my character, but routed because one dude fell somewhere and triggered the stupid global troop tier moral penalty that has been implemented. If I only had a dime for every poor decision that has made this game worse from last March.

The only parties to fear now are, you guessed it: the forest Robin hoods.... I going back to playing DEI before this crap pisses me off even more.

Last edited:
The latest changes to routing/ moral have made it so I can beat 30 Sea Raiders with 5 ranged men. They will often rout when they clearly have the advantage in numbers. This is a terrible design decision, it makes the very early start in a campaign no challenge at all. Has anyone else noticed this? A sea raider party had me outnumbered 8 to 1 around my character, but routed because one dude fell somewhere and triggered the stupid global troop tier moral penalty that has been implemented. If I only had a dime for every poor decision that has made this game worse from last March.

The only parties to fear now are, you guessed it: the forest Robin hoods.... I going back to playing DEI before this crap pisses me off even more.
Yeah the disparity between bandit types is amazing. Looter and foot bandits it's a struggle to get your troops to kill enough before they run away!
Forest bandits, they will ****ing annihilate low-mid tier troops!
Steppe bandits and dessert bandits are pushovers but it's annoying when they rout and they can get a cheap shot in! I had 9 steppe bandits gank me when I spawned in a sandbox game and the raider 1 shot me for 80 damage :xf-mad: but it didn't kill me so I beat them anyways, but like 4 0f them ran away!

TW make bandits run/ride much slower as they rout so we can kill them! It's so annoying and time wasting! And make them go away when they do rout!

TW is realy determined to get the next patch out today. They updated the testbranch a 1 am. Poor testers have to work trough the night.

Edit: Not only the testers are working late. Callum was also online at around 4 am. TW seems to be doing real night shifts to get this thing finished :grin:

Last edited:
that they refuse to fix.
Yes I bet they bring it up internaly and someone says:
d97.jpg

TW is realy determined to get the next patch out today. They updated the testbranch a 1 am. Poor testers have to work trough the night.

Edit: Not only the testers are working late. Callum was also online at around 4 am. TW seems to be doing real night shifts to get this thing finished :grin:
Makes me hopeful about the update! They are obviously putting a lot of effort in getting this out!

I do not mean ill for bringing this up, but this is not our first rodeo. From past experience, they will find a bug that will not let them launch that patch today. Or there will be a big bug that will be present in this patch that will make gameplay not enjoyable.

I do not mean ill for bringing this up, but this is not our first rodeo. From past experience, they will find a bug that will not let them launch that patch today. Or there will be a big bug that will be present in this patch that will make gameplay not enjoyable.

I dont know why, I dont know whats different, but I am optimistic about this one.

Perhaps its the Dev involvement lately or the rather optimistic (in comparison) speculation in the patch notes or the nice weather outside. But I am optimistic.

if we go by the branch updates it seems that 1.6 will also bring some much needed love to the multiplayer side of the game. Let's see how it goes!

Back
Top Bottom