Beta Patch Notes e1.5.1

Users who are viewing this thread

I am reading all feedbacks but its hard to react all. Sometimes because of some special situation its hard to apply some ideas which seem good and if I try to explain why then development time is lost. Sometimes I also like ideas but I know it wont get approved so I cannot write anything about them. Also I am or any other dev are not in position to apply some good ideas directly. Nobody can do this in company. There should be a design decision approved at meetings by nearly all key designers and these are slow steps. Sometimes I do this without reaching all designers or get approved at meetings if I am 100% sure its a positive step but this is risky and probably unwelcomed situation in company. If this addition breaks some mechanics in game or get negative feedbacks then it will be huge problem. Also we can have language barrier sometimes. Lastly I am using unpaid vac at September so I can miss more questions this month but I try to follow forum everyday (30-60 min a day)
That all makes a lot of sense, mexxico. Even if you do have the answer, don't feel like you are always obligated to respond to us if you'd rather just power down and relax after work. I think (most) people will understand.

Fixed an issue with companions or the spouse teleporting to other cities.
Okay is this just about the bug where they teleporting out of your party? Because new spouse is still teleporting all over and wasting days of time and money on looking in keeps! I've reported this and suggested this in the past so I'm not going make topics about it AGAIN, please just put them in the player's party ALWAYS. There's no reason to ever put a new spouse(or disbanded companion) in a far away city ever!

I am trying to answer as much I can. Sometimes I get too much questions. Sorry for ones I could not answer. Its hard to answer all especially if questions are out of my areas (for example combat / perk / quest / character development / multiplayer / smithing / siege related questions) or if I am not sure about its answer.

For example today @Blood Gryphon asked what will npc lords do if they need horses to upgrade troops to cavalry like player (currently ai cheat there and do not spend horse but we can remove this cheat in future to balance things and get rid of one ai cheats) and if they do not have horse. He asked in that scenario will npc lords wait go buy horse or there will be some other mechanic. I am not sure what will be best there I need to think pros and cons I need to collect data and see big picture so could not answer his question.

I am reading all feedbacks but its hard to react all. Sometimes because of some special situation its hard to apply some ideas which seem good and if I try to explain why then development time is lost. Sometimes I also like ideas but I know it wont get approved so I cannot write anything about them. Also I am or any other dev are not in position to apply some good ideas directly. Nobody can do this in company. There should be a design decision approved at meetings by nearly all key designers and these are slow steps. Sometimes I do this without reaching all designers or get approved at meetings if I am 100% sure its a positive step but this is risky and probably unwelcomed situation in company. If this addition breaks some mechanics in game or get negative feedbacks then it will be huge problem. Also we can have language barrier sometimes. Lastly I am using unpaid vac at September so I can miss more questions this month but I try to follow forum everyday (30-60 min a day)

Thanks for your efforts @mexxico , all very much appreciated

I have been off the forums for a while... is there rumors of what the next update will be having?

That's significantly less challenging than keeping the Western Empire alive.
Western Empire is doing quite nicely in my current 1.5.1 run (without any assistance from me). Taken a city and a castle or two, I think, from each of Vlandia, Battania, NE and SE.

Just started a new game and played as Aserai. It seems that there are more or less no quests available in the villages. Compared to my Battanian game (also started in 1.5.1) is looks like there are no quests available.

Another point that I came across was the distribution of noble troops. Compared to my Battanian game where about every second had a powerful Landowner and thus noble troops available, the Aserai villages had almost no powerful Landowners (more along the lines of 10-20% instead of 50%).

Hello, all

On this patch or maybe on the next, hopefully.... Does anyone knows if the workshops were fixed? I mean... if you can't have profits in investments why do it? I know may take some weeks or years to get real profitable and been at peace helps places boost their economies, but workshops gives so little right now... and i followed the rule, checked villages productions.

I have:
  • Smithy in Epicrotea ( which is supposed to be highly profitable due to the amount of iron ore in the region
  • Velvet Weavery in Amprela ( due to the cotton/flax) villages around it

Okay is this just about the bug where they teleporting out of your party? Because new spouse is still teleporting all over and wasting days of time and money on looking in keeps! I've reported this and suggested this in the past so I'm not going make topics about it AGAIN, please just put them in the player's party ALWAYS. There's no reason to ever put a new spouse(or disbanded companion) in a far away city ever!

And when you have a baby it magically teleports to a city far away... instead of your own castle. I guess the stork is supposed to bring it back? lol. And why when the companions lose their party do they not at least return to your own lands? Waiting in some far away city and then teleporting to another far away city before you get there, it's just painful and honestly makes kind of a grind when you have a war going on at home. Lot's of turning around to defend. They should really just come and find you or at least return to a clan occupied fief.

I am trying to answer as much I can. Sometimes I get too much questions. Sorry for ones I could not answer. Its hard to answer all especially if questions are out of my areas (for example combat / perk / quest / character development / multiplayer / smithing / siege related questions) or if I am not sure about its answer.

For example today @Blood Gryphon asked what will npc lords do if they need horses to upgrade troops to cavalry like player (currently ai cheat there and do not spend horse but we can remove this cheat in future to balance things and get rid of one ai cheats) and if they do not have horse. He asked in that scenario will npc lords wait go buy horse or there will be some other mechanic. I am not sure what will be best there I need to think pros and cons I need to collect data and see big picture so could not answer his question.

If I see Armagan in the next Gamescom, I'll tell him "Do whatever mexxico says" or I can directly come to your office, I only need someone from that university. Ofc that's a joke, I'm not that brave

I'm playing on 1.5.1 and this seems to be fixed?
I loaded 1.5.1 yesterday and no luck. I’m thinking of rolling back to 1.4.3 or earlier. I checked with stromming and he said it wasn’t working for him either. He reported on 1.5.1 but I don’t know if he is still on that version.

Back
Top Bottom