Beta Patch Notes e1.5.1

Users who are viewing this thread

Cool update..Honestly a barber seems wildly unnecessary though. If it came down between Having barbers in towns or just pressing V to update my appearance, Id take pressing V anyday. That said, having both is really redundant. Even from a roleplaying stand point I enjoy the idea of going on a long campaign with a shaved face and progressively changing the length of the beard while im gone (definitely dont want to stop by a town to increase the length of my beard whilst on campaign lol)

This is the first thing I thought of honestly. One option is fine. Not sure why they are focusing on this instead of diplomacy and immersion when both are really lacking?

This is the first thing I thought of honestly. One option is fine. Not sure why they are focusing on this instead of diplomacy and immersion when both are really lacking?
I believe eventually pressing V won't be an option once the game is released and no longer in early access, unless some debug/cheat mode is activated through the console.

Did you read the patch notes? Please do. Nvm, ill make it easy. https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/diplomacy-developments.429850/ for a more detailed explanation

Armies
  • AI changes its siege targets less frequently now so they lose less time while travelling from one target to another
  • Because of some bugs, weak factions were having problems in forming armies. Now they will form armies even if they are weak and they will not simply give up. In rare cases, some factions which have no settlements left will make comebacks by conquering a new settlement.

Kingdoms and Diplomacy
  • AI clans make their war/peace decisions more cleverly and take into account a broader range of situations. They generally do not want to face more than 1-2 enemies at the same time. So if they have lots of enemies they will try to make peace with some of them. This will reduce wiped out factions because in previous versions some factions were not giving logical decisions at diplomatic votings. Clans which have settlements that border the enemy will want peace more frequently. Similarly, they will not want wars in peace times. Rich kingdoms will not care about paying tribute as much as poor ones. If a faction has fewer men in garrisons or lord parties or if lots of settlements have food problems they will try to end the war with their recent enemies. There will be less snowballing due to all these changes because clans will try to act in the interest of their kingdom.

I like the new battania armor, I would only ask you to separate the upper part to be able to combine it with the other chainmail armor like that of the empire and get something close to the lorica hamata of the legionaries.
2013-09-08_00024.jpg
They kind of did? There's a new Battanian Mail shoulder now. Doesn't look quite like the shoulder flaps... actually it looks kind of meh.

The battanian chainmail armours in general look meh, as already discussed.

"Couched lance and braced spear damages are reduced to a point where they are mainly effective with a high relative speed only."
If they do less damage than in 1.5.0 the damage will be negative soon.
On the other hand that would mean that we can revive fallen soldiers with a couched lance :wink: :wink:

5Qx50Rv.jpg

kQSVyiM.jpg
"Friendly manner" ?

Also, it'd be nice if you could add screenshots of new items you add to the game in the patch notes. It wouldn't take that much time on your end and save some for many community members who have to run through all towns to find new additions after every patch.
That made me giggle a bit... thanks! We'll look into your suggestion as well.

after playing the new Beta for about 1 hour or so, all of a sudden every time i try to save the game again, it won't let me, saying save failed.
it's after 13 days in game
was trying to insert a screen shot, but don't know how.

I know there are too many requests already... but would it be possible to de-center view when party is in castle/town or siege? It's so annoying you cannot look around on map without leaving the town/castle...

Back
Top Bottom