Beta Patch Notes e1.5.1

Users who are viewing this thread

• Added 24 for combat-related perks for Riding. This completes the perks for this skill.
  • Added 6 new campaign-related throwing perk.
It didn't mention Bow perks.

Each perk (or most?) have a combat(during battle/mission) effect and a campaign(not in battle) effect, in 1.5 and 1.4.3 the combat effects were not codded in and some of the campaign effect weren't either. Now everything in the Riding tree should be functional.
THANK YOU Devs for finishing this!

I would like to think that this does indeed mean all the Riding perks are functional, considering they are noted as complete. This would make sense considering the athletic perks were completed in 1.5.0. I'm not sure about all of the 6 new throwing perks...

@Callum @Dejan @MArdA TaleWorlds @Duh_TaleWorlds

Please pass on a big thank you for the new 1.5.1 release to the team!
I know @mexxico has been working hard on diplomacy features, so we can give him a specific thank you for that.

Character Development System
  • We have removed some of the starting equipment that was too strong or too expensive. This will create a more even starting point for each selection.
  • Added 24 for combat-related perks for Riding. This completes the perks for this skill.
  • Added 6 new campaign-related throwing perk.
***Could we please have specific patch notes regarding perk changes. This would be very helpful to know what specifically is supposed to work and has been implemented.***

Duh's post regarding 1.5 as an example =D

• Because of some bugs, weak factions were having problems in forming armies. Now they will form armies even if they are weak and they will not simply give up. In rare cases, some factions which have no settlements left will make comebacks by conquering a new settlement.
  • AI clans make their war/peace decisions more cleverly and take into account a broader range of situations. They generally do not want to face more than 1-2 enemies at the same time. So if they have lots of enemies they will try to make peace with some of them. This will reduce wiped out factions because in previous versions some factions were not giving logical decisions at diplomatic votings. Clans which have settlements that border the enemy will want peace more frequently. Similarly, they will not want wars in peace times. Rich kingdoms will not care about paying tribute as much as poor ones. If a faction has fewer men in garrisons or lord parties or if lots of settlements have food problems they will try to end the war with their recent enemies. There will be less snowballing due to all these changes because clans will try to act in the interest of their kingdom.

That's the update i've been waiting for :smile:
Thanx!

I also wanted to mention how great this patch looks and thank all folks at TW very much for the hard work! I missed that in my last post.

I would like to think that this does indeed mean all the Riding perks are functional, considering they are noted as complete. This would make sense considering the athletic perks were completed in 1.5.0. I'm not sure about all of the 6 new throwing perks...

it says the throwing perks are campaign, so nothing that affects combat was implemented.

Tournaments will now use blunt weapons. Blunt weapons will make sure these events occur in a more friendly manner.
5Qx50Rv.jpg

kQSVyiM.jpg
"Friendly manner" ?

Also, it'd be nice if you could add screenshots of new items you add to the game in the patch notes. It wouldn't take that much time on your end and save some for many community members who have to run through all towns to find new additions after every patch.

Last edited:
Cool update..Honestly a barber seems wildly unnecessary though. If it came down between Having barbers in towns or just pressing V to update my appearance, Id take pressing V anyday. That said, having both is really redundant. Even from a roleplaying stand point I enjoy the idea of going on a long campaign with a shaved face and progressively changing the length of the beard while im gone (definitely dont want to stop by a town to increase the length of my beard whilst on campaign lol)

I like the new battania armor, I would only ask you to separate the upper part to be able to combine it with the other chainmail armor like that of the empire and get something close to the lorica hamata of the legionaries.
2013-09-08_00024.jpg

Cool update..Honestly a barber seems wildly unnecessary though. If it came down between Having barbers in towns or just pressing V to update my appearance, Id take pressing V anyday. That said, having both is really redundant. Even from a roleplaying stand point I enjoy the idea of going on a long campaign with a shaved face and progressively changing the length of the beard while im gone (definitely dont want to stop by a town to increase the length of my beard whilst on campaign lol)

Why are you complaining about this? Some people like these kinds of things. If you don't, then don't use it.

I don't know if it's a bug or just a feature i never realised existed before..

Started a game on 1.5.1 no mods, grinding through the first couple game weeks doing village quests and tournaments, then i realise i got 110 influence, and gaining 3 a day though a "King Bonus". I join Northern Empire as mercenary to see that influence being reduced at a 19 a day rate to be transformed in cash income (1700 a day).
Anyone knows if it's normal? I don't think i've ever encountered these two features before and i've played the game since the start of EA.

And hey, if it's normal, i'm glad to have that 1,7k a day until i'm out of influence :grin:

Started a game on 1.5.1 no mods, grinding through the first couple game weeks doing village quests and tournaments, then i realise i got 110 influence, and gaining 3 a day though a "King Bonus". I join Northern Empire as mercenary to see that influence being reduced at a 19 a day rate to be transformed in cash income (1700 a day).
Anyone knows if it's normal? I don't think i've ever encountered these two features before and i've played the game since the start of EA.

And hey, if it's normal, i'm glad to have that 1,7k a day until i'm out of influence :grin:

It is a new bug.
fEdvrw1.png

Its bug. You should get it when you are king only. It will be fixed soon.

Alright, thanks for the confirmation that i was not stupid enough to pass on that during all my other playtroughs xD

I needed the income anyway, so you wont see me complain about that one :p

Back
Top Bottom