Beta Patch Notes e1.5.1

Users who are viewing this thread

Lol do you think they fixed it to troll you or because I actually made a technical report about it? :grin:
Nope, they just can´t do better and don´t care. That´s what I think.

They need EA for alpha testers like us but I´m out.

I´m enjoying CK3 right now :smile: .A good game, no EA, same price. Has some bugs but it´s not like this alpha. (The forum is talking about balance issues, like if removing boats was a good idea and stuff like this). This forum is about loving the game and not talking about the missing perks.I mean there are some threads about perks, does TW care? LOL

Does TW care about AI? LOL!
Does TW care about the economy? LOL!
Does TW care about the stuff they advertised with the gamescon trailer (2016)? LOL!
Does TW care about ladders? LOL!

You can continue beeing an alpha tester, someone has to do it, TW won´t.

Usually alpha testers get paid, but we paid TW to alpha test this. Each update proves this.

TW has two devs who care, that´s all.

Play as a bandit as they advertised, enjoy it!

What I think is, they release it in 5 months in the same state and will have fixed some bugs. Maybe they release it sooner to gain more money. Like two after relaesing mod tools which THEY annouced to be released at at the end of the month. LOL!

EDIT:

For sure they´ll add like 5+ perks and half of them won´t work with the next release as always :smile:

But that´s the fun, you have to find out which perk won´t work!

Last edited:

They need EA for alpha testers like us but I´m out.

I´m enjoying CK3 right now :smile: .A good game, no EA, same price. Has some bugs but it´s not like this alpha.

You can continue beeing an alpha tester, someone has to do it, TW won´t.

Usually alpha tester get paid, but we paid TW to alpha test this. Each update proves this.

TW has two devs who care, that´s all.
CK isn’t a great example, they literally make you pay for dlcs that finish their game. I’d rather have a period of EA where they fix their game, implement new features and build out the game for no extra price(also let’s be real I’m at about $0.05/hour now For bannerlord and most games I’m thrilled if I got $1/hour out of).

I’m glad your enjoying it but also CK is boring as ****, last thing I want to do in a game is just click through menu choices with no actually fighting. Total wars are an acceptable middle ground for me(gameplay style). Mount and blades satisfy an itch I’ve had since I played the first Age of Empires, actually leading my men in battle. But that’s just my opinion, no need for a rebuttal.

I’ve alpha/beta tested for several games and have never been paid by a company. It’s always been a privilege to be able to play the game earlier and make an impact on its development.

Last edited:
CK isn’t a great example, they literally make you pay for dlcs that finish their game.
Nope, that´s just a lie! :smile:

CK2 is now F2P. Ck3 has a lot of the dlc in the basic game. You know, like any human would expect that a second/third game would be better. :wink:

But were talking about TW :smile: .

TW literally hope that mods finish the game :wink: while you can play CK2 for free and have fun or pay 50€ for CK3.

You know, CK2 and CK3 are playable, they don´t have a broke ground construct. Please never compare Bannerlord (cash crab) with good games. White knight!

If you look for CoD Medieval, Bannerlord is "fine". But don´t throw in good games, they don´t deserve it. CK3 (50€) is better at launch and has less bugs than Bannerlord (EA, 50€) will ever have.

You played CK2 and think it´s nice and that some features will make it into CK3. What did Paradox do? Making CK3 even better and they add a LOT OF features from CK2 DLCs into the basic game. I expected this.

What did Tw do compared Warband / Bannerlord and their Gamescon (2016) trailer?

Dont compare them....

BTW CK2/CK3 is also modable....

The difference is, TW just cared about the graphics, Paradox about the gameplay. People will play Ck2/Ck3 in 5 years, nobody will talk about Bannerlord in 1 year after TW released this "game".

Last edited:
Nope, that´s just a lie! :smile:

CK2 is now F2P. Ck3 has a lot of the dlc in the basic game. You know, like any human would expect that a second/third game would be better. :wink:

But were talking about TW :smile: .

TW literally hope that mods finish the game :wink: while you can play CK2 for free and have fun or pay 50€ for CK3.
“Free” except the $250 of dlcs (that’s with a discount :grin:) .. how generous of them. Give CK3 some time to start pumping them out (stealing from mod ideas). Like I said a terrible example.

“Free” except the $250 of dlcs (that’s with a discount :grin:) .. how generous of them. Give CK3 some time to start pumping them out (stealing from mod ideas). Like I said a terrible example.
No, it´s literall free 2 play without any DLC. But sure, some of the DLCs improve (!!!!) the game. CK3 has no DLC but some cosmetic stuff. And it´s the same price as Bannerlord. And CK3 vanilla is RIGHT NOW better with CK2 with all DLCs.

Stop comparing good games vs Bannerlord........

For both games you can use mods RIGHT NOW! I had ONE (!!!) ****ing bug right now playing CK3 and NO CTD! With Bannerlord.......

No, it´s literall free 2 play without any DLC. But sure, some of the DLCs improve (!!!!) the game. CK3 has no DLC but some cosmetic stuff. And it´s the same price as Bannerlord. And CK3 vanilla is RIGHT NOW better with CK2 with all DLCs.

Stop comparing good games vs Bannerlord........

For both games you can use mods RIGHT NOW! I had ONE (!!!) ****ing bug right now playing CK3 and NO CTD! With Bannerlord.......
You’re such a white knight for CK, you know ck2 without dlcs is terrible and like I said give ck3 some time to steal some mods for DLC’s and then not pay the modders who made it. I can compare them if you are, I don’t think they should be compared because one is a self admitted released final game (so they can make you pay for updates) and the other is an early access game.

You’re such a white knight for CK, you know ck2 without dlcs is terrible and like I said give ck3 some time to steal some mods for DLC’s and then not pay the modders who made it. I can compare them if you are, I don’t think they should be compared because one is a self admitted released final game (so they can make you pay for updates) and the other is an early access game.
I´m not. But I see what are you trying to do. I won´t talk again to you. But we can agree on one point.

One is a 50€ game, one is a 50€ alpha.

Ok I'm going to enter the battlefield on this debate. First, nothing wrong with going and playing CKIII for a while, as BL still needs a lot of work. I certainly wouldn't blame anyone for that. I won't do it, because I don't buy Paradox games at release. I have a lot of great games... I prefer to get a good deal on them, so I usually by Paradox games sometime after release when I find them on sale. That said, they make some pretty fun games. I played a ton of Stellaris and Crusader Kings, and Europa - hundreds of hours of game play. However, I still have more combined time between Warband and Bannerlord. The thing about M&B games... they are so much fun. Even in its unfinished state, Bannerlord is fun. Mount&Blade original was fun too (arguably similarly unfinished), although Warband was a significant improvement. The big difference is combat.

Combat in CK is so limited. Little more matters than your number of troops. It's like M&B with every battle autoresolved. It's so limiting, and there is little impact the player can actually have on it. Even the bloody RP elements, so much is left to random chance. The only actual interaction the player gets is choice A versus choice B. I mean you could practically just leave the game on play and watch the events unfold doing little actual "playing" whatsoever. Here in this game, the skill of the player decides the entire outcome of battles, wars, and so on. They eventually are responsible for the way the world looks as a whole. I have always felt CK is just so limiting. It's like a story book on a map.

Now - about TW - I don't believe for one moment that they don't care about the game. They are trying to make the greatest game they can. However, with as many mechanics as they are trying to fit in and have work together, every feature has significant impact and every new thing requires a lot of additional testing. It's too much for them to handle alone and the players are a big part of the picture with testing, yes. However, there aren't only two devs who care about the game, there are simply two brave enough to get on here and go toe to toe with an often crass community. All the folks over there are working hard on the game. I realize it is not moving as fast as some want, but the effort is there. This is a company. If someone doesn't work hard, they don't last long. They got to go find another job. It's no different here. These people are doing their jobs.

However, there aren't only two devs who care about the game, there are simply two brave enough to get on here and go toe to toe with an often crass community.
While this maybe true, what is the rest doing? Of course each dev is working hard. But they dont´care about feedback.

I don´t think that the devs are the reason for this bad game, it´s a managment decision. And two dev´s try to get the best out of it, the rest is "just" working hard to do what their managers want.

TW wanted money, they got it. TW wants more money, they´ll get it with full release. So TW, as a company, says: "We don´t need depth, we need graphics, get the stuff somehow working we already have so we can release it to get money again, we don´t need depth."

Also it´s not the job of the devs to speak to us, it´s the job of TW. What is Callum doing? Posting patch notes, that´s all.

Is there a SINGLE word from TW on all of those AI issues (Combat/Campaign)? Did they say something about the smithing? Oh wait...they did weeks ago. Did they change anything?

There are so many good threads here with good suggetions, but nobody cares.

A lot of people asked TW to at least STICKY the perk thread, did they care? ONE fan of the game did a lot of work to summarize all of those infos in this thread, did they care?

Everyone who plays this game should know how bad it feels to unlock a non working perk. New players should be aware that a lot of the perks don´t work! You want this "+1 comp" perk.....I have bad news for you. But don´t tell new players before the 2 hour refund frame is over...it´s money...

A sold copy is a sold copy, doesn´t matter if it works after 2 hours ingame time.

Last edited:
Couple of pieces of feedback from the latest.

1. My brother had a party of about 90/100 he was running around with. As far as I could tell, I was paying his party wages but I was seeing no income or reputation gains from him, as used to be the case. At the first sign of war, he is immediately captured. What's the point? Unless I am going to immediately fill any parties I have from my garrison and immediately start holding his hand by forcing him into my army repeatedly, I don't see the point. AI needs to be improved.

2. Just got my first castle in the game and my fellow lords apparently decided to YOLO deep into enemy territory, take a castle, and then vote me into it. By the way, they also left no garrison. Again, AI needs to be smarter when evaluating targets and player needs a way to turn down a fief. Fief location in the image below. I'm sure this is going to turn out great for me.

TW wanted money, they got it. TW wants more money, they´ll get it with full release. So TW, as a company, says: "We don´t need depth, we need graphics, get the stuff somehow working we already we so we can release it."

Also it´s not the job of the devs to speak to us, it´s the job of TW. What is Callum doing? Posting patch notes, that´s all.
This ignores the massive pressure from the community to get Bannerlord after waiting for so long. The constant “BaNnErLoRd WhEn” and requests for EA like the original, got us bannerlord on its anniversary. If they wanted our money they would have released much earlier and they wouldn’t have restarted development so many times.

Yet the times you post most negatively are immediately after they do release new patches. Almost as if the demonstrable progress (if too slow for some) in resolving issues and adding depth irritates you precisely because it disproves your argument that they don't care and can't improve it.

Is there a SINGLE word from TW on all of those AI issues (Combat/Campaign)? Did they say something about the smithing? Oh wait...they did weeks ago. Did they change anything?
You contributed to a thread started by a developer showcasing diplomatic tweaks, who took one of your own suggestions in a test run to see if it helped stop/minimise snowballing, and has said he's feeding back the results into the broader development work.

Are there two of you?

You contributed to a thread started by a developer showcasing diplomatic tweaks, who took one of your own suggestions in a test run to see if it helped stop/minimise snowballing, and has said he's feeding back the results into the broader development work.

Are there two of you?
Nope, I also said that Mexxico and Duh are the two devs who care. Without them oh boy...I don´t even want to think about in which state this game would be.

I´m thankful for devs like Mexxico and Duh! For real! Without them we won´t get any feedback at all. They are both doing an amazing job! Mexxico was the one who said that he thinks that we need a peace after wars a long time ago. But TW thought we don´t need it. (I don´t have enought time to link the post/thread but it was months ago). He cares for sure!

Mexxico does the stuff I expect from TW as a whole: Listen to feedback, talk to the community and so on.

And I repeat my question:

Is there a SINGLE word from TW on all of those AI issues (Combat/Campaign)?

Last edited:
Yes. Mexxico's thread, for one. You can't say there isn't a SINGLE word, but then 'oh, not including that developer/discussion'.
Is there a single word from anyone but Mexxico when it comes down to economy / battles (balances) / perks / troop trees / UI / smithing / all good suggetions made by the community (the guys who play and paid the game)? What about the stuff they showed in their 2016 gamescon trailer (playing as a bandit..........)Did they say anything about that? Or is it just gone?

Are you happy now?....

You are just another White Knight who think that modders HAVE to improve this game for free in their spare time while TW demands 49,99 for it....

Last edited:
Couple of pieces of feedback from the latest.

1. My brother had a party of about 90/100 he was running around with. As far as I could tell, I was paying his party wages but I was seeing no income or reputation gains from him, as used to be the case. At the first sign of war, he is immediately captured. What's the point? Unless I am going to immediately fill any parties I have from my garrison and immediately start holding his hand by forcing him into my army repeatedly, I don't see the point. AI needs to be improved.

2. Just got my first castle in the game and my fellow lords apparently decided to YOLO deep into enemy territory, take a castle, and then vote me into it. By the way, they also left no garrison. Again, AI needs to be smarter when evaluating targets and player needs a way to turn down a fief. Fief location in the image below. I'm sure this is going to turn out great for me.

I always see the Empire AI going for that particular castle. I took it once and it was bugged, the garrison wouldn't show up inside the castle so it never had any defenders or something like that. Perhaps that's the reason.

I always see the Empire AI going for that particular castle. I took it once and it was bugged, the garrison wouldn't show up inside the castle so it never had any defenders or something like that. Perhaps that's the reason.
AI will not donate to player owned settlements, back when $$ generation was hard many people complained about AI donating troops and putting on a major upkeep cost to the player so they changed it. This has been brought up to the devs and they will address it as $$ generation is fine now. So it’s intended but confirmed it will change at some point

AI will not donate to player owned settlements, back when $$ generation was hard many people complained about AI donating troops and putting on a major upkeep cost to the player so they changed it. This has been brought up to the devs and they will address it as $$ generation is fine now. So it’s intended but confirmed it will change at some point
Wouldn't they still donate troops immediately after taking the settlement though? Before it is granted to the player.

I suppose not if armies still don't actually enter settlements after capturing them. I'm sure I saw a patch note saying that was fixed, haven't tried 1.5.1 though.

Back
Top Bottom