Beta Patch Notes e1.5.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Feels like this version is buggier and less stable than what we had in previous releases. More perks, which is nice, but a few major bugs made it into the beta.
Yes, in my opinion it´s not really worth playing unless you´re going a for bug hunt.

And TW is very silent about it. Like most bugs were reported very soon after the 1.5.0 release and they don´t talk about what they are trying to fix. But it fits, they also don´t say anything about all those "good" feedback/suggetions threads in this forum.

Maybe 1.5.1 will be worth playing. And if you like beeing a QA dude for free then 1.5.0 is the best way to start as it seems.

There was so much feedback and yesterday they asked "link me this bug, link me that bug" but of course they are reading this forum and value feedback. On monday they were just on the silent mode...that´s not how EA should be done.

Several people asked them to pin the perk thread, but won´t happen.

At least duh said he values the feedback....and it feels like "yea, we know, we don´t "care"...whatever...one guy invested a lot of time and work for this thread and it´s not worth enough for TW to sticky it....

Maybe they don´t want to scare away future customers? Who knows? I don´t can think about any other reason to not sticky this thread. What I do know, nobody would do a thread like this in like 2 hours without a lot of effort for free. I mean even TW themselves don´t tell us which perk works and which perk doesn´t.

If TW would care, they would be honest about stuff like the perks or any other broken thing. And there is a lot of broken stuff right now.

So why waste time writing feedback if they don´t care at all?

Like my marriage thread, seems like (according to the thread) that most players don´t like this random stuff when it comes down to marriage, a single reply from TW like "we´re looking into this"? Nope! They don´t care. And "we" have a lot of those threads...even with many (!) small suggetions that mods already have "fixed", so it can´t be that hard.

I´m not saying they should change everything the community "demands" but at least they should respond to stuff like this.

They don´t value feedback or suggetions, they do value bugs reports because of their lacking QA (not really existing QA). That´s at least my opinion.

"We" have two devs like duh and mexicco who care, that´s all.

And before you say, it´s EA...I know. But we´re at a point were an EA game has a Beta (!!!!) which is full of bugs. 1.5.0 plays like a pre alpha (missing textures which I don´t care about but still). And we´re half way until full release if TW wants to release it in about one year....(7 months to go)

Most of the mayor 1.5.0 bugs should have never passed QA if there was any (disappering nobles and so on). Play the version 2 hours before you release it and you notice 3 mayor bugs...(at least)

And didn´t "everyone" claim that the updates will be "better" after the code refactor? I don´t see any improvement. And yea, I can still play 1.4.3 without any new features (and improvements) without those bugs...I know...

Maybe we need an alpha of the beta of the EA?

EDIT:

a lot of edits...

Last edited:
Yes, in my opinion it´s not really worth playing unless you´re going a for bug hunt.

And TW is very silent about it. Like most bugs were reported very soon after the 1.5.0 release and they don´t talk about what they are trying to fix. But it fits, they also don´t say anything about all those "good" feedback/suggetions threads in this forum.

Maybe 1.5.1 will be worth playing. And if you like beeing a QA dude for free then 1.5.0 is the best way to start as it seems.

There was so much feedback and yesterday they asked "link me this bug, link me that bug" but of course they are reading this forum and value feedback. On monday they were just on the silent mode...that´s not how EA should be done.

Several people asked them to pin the perk thread thread, but won´t happen.

At least duh said he values the feedback....and it feels like "yea, we know, we don´t "care"...whatever...one guy invested a lot of time and work for this thread and it´s not worth enough for TW to sticky it....

Maybe they don´t want to scare away future customers? Who knows? I don´t can think about any other reason to not sticky this thread. What I do know, nobody would do a thread like this in like 2 hours without a lot of effort for free. I mean even TW themselves don´t tell us which perk works and which perk doesn´t.

If TW would care, they would be honest about stuff like the perks or any other broken thing. And there is a lot of broken stuff right now.

So why waste time writing feedback if they don´t care at all?

Like my marriage thread, seems like (according to the thread) that most players don´t like this random stuff when it comes down to marriage, a single reply from TW like "we´re looking into this"? Nope! They don´t care. And "we" a lot of those threads...

I´m not saying they should change everything the community "demands" but at least they should respond to stuff like this.

They don´t value feedback or suggetions, they do value bugs reports because of their lacking QA (not really existing QA). That´s at least my opinion.

"We" have two devs like duh and mexicco who care, that´s all.

And before you say, it´s EA...I know. But we´re at a point were an EA game has a Beta (!!!!) which is full of bugs. 1.5.0 plays like a pre alpha (missing textures which I don´t care about but still). And we´re half way until full release if TW wants to release it in about one year....

Most of the mayor 1.5.0 bugs should have never passed QA if there was any (disappering nobles and so on). Play the version 2 hours before you release it and you notice 3 mayor bugs...(at least)

And didn´t "everyone" claim that the updates will be "better" after the code refactor? I don´t see any improvement. And yea, I can still play 1.4.3 without any new features (and improvements) without those bugs...I know...

Maybe we need an alpha of the beta of the EA?
They said updates would be faster and bugs easier to fix.

Beta Hotfix (e1.5.0 - 26/08/20)
  • Leaving a faction while in an army is now fixed.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when joining a kingdom as a vassal while being employed as a mercenary for the same kingdom.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when Lord Wants Rival Captured quest was cancelled by a declaration of war.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the total issue count to be less and less over time.
  • Added meshes for the Highland Mail Shirt and Highland Mail Shoulders.
  • Clan game map selection list now consists of up-to-date maps.
  • Fixed an issue with white textures.
  • Fixed a Save & Load crash related to settlements that do not have an owner.
  • Fixed a bug that caused notables (mainly village notables) to disappear after some time.
  • Fixed a bug that caused a settlement ownership kingdom decision to trigger for enemy settlements if they were reclaimed before the vote took place.
  • Players can now only enter empty settlements if they are owned by their faction: the gate will now be down for enemy settlements, even if they don't have a garrison.
  • Fixed a bug with neutral heroes trying to create parties.
  • Fixed a bug in the loading order which led to instability after loading. This should resolve issues with "ghost" armies.

Thanks for the update, let´s see if it isn´t "hot air" again.

Patch notes read good, but that´s not something new. I wait for some real player responses.

I´m most curios about the notable bug. If it is really fixed.

• Fixed a bug that caused notables (mainly village notables) to disappear after some time.

Players can now only enter empty settlements if they are owned by their faction: the gate will now be down for enemy settlements, even if they don't have a garrison.
I don't quite understand that line, could you please explain it somehow? What are the "empty settlements"?

V
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when joining a kingdom as a vassal while being employed as a mercenary for the same kingdom.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when Lord Wants Rival Captured quest was cancelled by a declaration of war.
  • Fixed a bug that caused a settlement ownership kingdom decision to trigger for enemy settlements if they were reclaimed before the vote took place.
  • Players can now only enter empty settlements if they are owned by their faction: the gate will now be down for enemy settlements, even if they don't have a garrison.
  • Fixed a bug in the loading order which led to instability after loading. This should resolve issues with "ghost" armies.
Very big thank you!!! Great hotfix! :grin:

These are the fixes I have been waiting for in 1.5.0. Thank You!

Love the new Battanian armour set. Hope the Aserai get new ones on the next patch, they dont even have their own gloves and boots/foot armour . (y)

I am seeing notables in the villages, and also more quests now immediately after new load of saved game. Armies that weren't broken at the time of last save are functioning properly after load. Broken armies that were left from prior load and save, the ghosts also disappeared. So far it seems like it is cleaning up problems very well, but I'd be interested in opinions of other players, I only have a half hour or so invested since the hotfix.

Great hotfix. Thank you. Seems to solve a lot of the current round of bugs. No time for now but I'll jump back in later on and see if it's all worked. Cheers. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom