Beta Patch Notes e1.5.0

Users who are viewing this thread

I cant even support a 150 tier 5 Army and I have 1 town, 1 castle and 3 workshops. I have a brewery in husn fulq and it has a grain producing village directly in front of it and yet I barely make 100 denars.

I don't even bother with caravans anymore, they get captured so often that its not even worth it, also the companion slot is now worth more than the measly denars and risk.

Do I just need to git gud or is there something wrong here?
I wrote earlier about a Spicevendor caravan not making any money - but I left her going and she's now bringing in 500+ a day. I sent her out very soon after recruiting - does a companion need to build up some of their own funds through looting to be able to buy goods to operate the caravan? (A longstanding non-Spicevendor companion, as a test, brought in 500+ per day almost immediately).

I wrote earlier about a Spicevendor caravan not making any money - but I left her going and she's now bringing in 500+ a day. I sent her out very soon after recruiting - does a companion need to build up some of their own funds through looting to be able to buy goods to operate the caravan? (A longstanding non-Spicevendor companion, as a test, brought in 500+ per day almost immediately).

They shouldn't need to build up their own funds. Part of the cost of creating a caravan goes into their coffers and they use that money to buy goods at their starting city. Try to pick a good starting city, where something is low priced relative to its neighboring cities. That should help them generate a profit sooner, but I'm not really willing to exhaustively test it.

They shouldn't need to build up their own funds. Part of the cost of creating a caravan goes into their coffers and they use that money to buy goods at their starting city. Try to pick a good starting city, where something is low priced relative to its neighboring cities. That should help them generate a profit sooner, but I'm not really willing to exhaustively test it.
That was the purpose of the test, though - a Spicevendor was making maybe 50 (or nothing at all) per day for several weeks, while a Horsethief with zero trade skill was making 400-500 per day immediately; starting from the same city, in a very peaceful area.

There's another way of checking, if I still have the saves...

edit: You're right - on creating the caravans, both have similar amounts of cash (11k-12k) when you go to trade with them outside the starting city gate.

Not that then, so must have been random chance. She's making money for me now in my ongoing game, anyway, after a slow start.

Last edited:
Multiplayer's new combat is okay.You need to fix jav throwing or reduce heavy cav HP to 200 and light to 150 HP so Cav is not too strong.Atm javs are not usable and irrelevant and without them the cav is unstoppable.

Is there an exact formula for crush through on 2h weapons that I am missing somewhere or is it just complete RNG like % chance every time you hit a block with 2h?
There is a formula yes. (just checked 1.4.3 and 1.5.0 dlls and nothings really changed)

1995-1595979597-101050694.png

In multiplayer the difference is num is 58 and couch lance doesn't crush through.

Only swings from the up direction can crush though if the attack has enough energy. There is nothing actually limiting it to 2 handers it's just that 1 handers never have enough energy to crush.

If you want to change the way crush through works in single player you can use my mod Custom Crush Through to change it in various ways.

I cant even support a 150 tier 5 Army and I have 1 town, 1 castle and 3 workshops. I have a brewery in husn fulq and it has a grain producing village directly in front of it and yet I barely make 100 denars.

I don't even bother with caravans anymore, they get captured so often that its not even worth it, also the companion slot is now worth more than the measly denars and risk.

Do I just need to git gud or is there something wrong here?

I think that caravans are better than workshops, at least they can earn like about 500 denars. Of course they´re risky but you can also lose your workshops.

My workshops also don´t earn me much, it´s between 50-150 denars (150 is very rare, mostly 50) most of the time. I just go for brewerys and silversmiths anything else isn´t worth it as it seem. Also it seems like that it doesn´t really matter if they have any supporting villages. I also don´t understand the system.

I think that caravans are better than workshops, at least they can earn like about 500 denars. Of course they´re risky but you can also lose your workshops.

My workshops also don´t earn me much, it´s between 50-150 denars (150 is very rare, mostly 50) most of the time. I just go for brewerys and silversmiths anything else isn´t worth it as it seem. Also it seems like that it doesn´t really matter if they have any supporting villages. I also don´t understand the system.
I miss the tannery workshop days where you can make 100+ denars from your workshops. =(

On a different note, Stopped playing again due to the stupid endless wars. Sturgia is only at war with the Khuzait and they cant even handle them, Uriksala castle is being besieged by monchug and they are still declaring wars with Battania/SE or Valandia. It keeps happening even when I re load the save. I even killed a lot of the Khuzait lords in battle to help Sturgia out and yet theyre still struggling. Unbelievable.

I hope they sort out the war/peace system in game soon.

Last edited:
I miss the tannery workshop days where you can make 100+ denars from your workshops. =(
Oh yes.

But I would also be fine if the system would be more clear. My silversmith without any supporting village earns me more money than a brewery in the same town with 2 villages with grain. I just don´t understand this.

It´s like gambling for me right now, buy workshop X and pray it will earn around 100 denars and not <30 denars or even 0 denars.

But my caravans just work, it´s mostly something between 150-500 denars, but of course they get captured sometimes. But I think they still earn me money in the long term.

Also we really need the option to refuse a thief! I was doing fine, had like 9000 denars and had a daily income between -100 and + 300 denars, than I got a castle. It was within our borders, but I was at the other end of the map. It had a big garrison, I lost about 800 denars each day until I arrived and get rid of the garrison. I had to sell some horses to not go bankrupt....

Or at least give us the option to manage the garrision from anywhere.

Of course we can just abuse smithing too, but then I could also cheat me some money, it´s the same.

Last edited:
Oh yes.

But I would also be fine it the system would be more clear. My silversmith without any supporting village earns me more money than a brewery in the same town with 2 villages with grain. I just don´t understand this.
I don't get it either, A brewery in Husn fulq which has a grain village 1 inch away from it is making less than 100 denars on average? Ok...

Sick of the workshops and Baby sitting sturgia, time to play COD again. Its a shame because I love the new death mechanics in 1.5.

I agree, We should be able refuse fiefs and give out fiefs to vassals if you start your own kingdom.

Last edited:
I completed tons of missions, gained honest and valor traits and all persuasions have become %100 now. This should be looked into.

Vlandian knight armor looks yellowish in the party screen somehow. It is western hauberk I guess.

I can exploit peace-war mechanics. I declare war on Battania, capture their weakest castle/town and pay 1000 gold for peace treaty and repeat the process.

Apparently my wife's party does not get benefit from AI army XP cheat. This is unfair.

I am into 1000+ days and my medicine is still around 75. It is such a chore to level it up and I have been focusing solely on medicine since the beginning of my campaign. R i d i c u l o u s.

It is near impossible to pay for a large garrison. No settlement can cover more than 50 men with their own tax.

There should be ingame option to enable prisoner recruitment for castle/town dungeons when prisoners become recruitable.

I completed tons of missions, gained honest and valor traits and all persuasions have become %100 now. This should be looked into.

Vlandian knight armor looks yellowish in the party screen somehow. It is western hauberk I guess.

I can exploit peace-war mechanics. I declare war on Battania, capture their weakest castle/town and pay 1000 gold for peace treaty and repeat the process.

Apparently my wife's party does not get benefit from AI army XP cheat. This is unfair.

I am into 1000+ days and my medicine is still around 75. It is such a chore to level it up and I have been focusing solely on medicine since the beginning of my campaign. R i d i c u l o u s.

It is near impossible to pay for a large garrison. No settlement can cover more than 50 men with their own tax.

There should be ingame option to enable prisoner recruitment for castle/town dungeons when prisoners become recruitable.
Western Hauberk is taking your faction colour, I think (mine is red).

Nope, it is a chain armor and my faction colour is not yellowish. Something is wrong with the texture.
Oh I know something is wrong with the texture - among quite a few, some white, some invisible. Western Hauberk for me was bright red (faction colour dark red). I didn't mean displaying your faction colours like the tabards.

For the missing recruitment menu,
Do you have a save file of that session? It will really help us immensely. This way, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save files here:
@MArdA TaleWorlds That's almost definitely caused by notables being disabled as a result of having < 100 power. The power decay from having an unsolved quest/issue is causing rural notables' power to fall below 100 and they're slowly getting disabled over time. Disabled notables never get replaced, so eventually villages are left without any notables to recruit from. You can see that happening in the DailyTickHero and DisableNotable methods in the UrbanCharactersCampaignBehavior class.

Back
Top Bottom