Beta Patch Notes e1.4.3

Users who are viewing this thread

I also prefer player should effected badly from going up food prices because his companion parties also pay much to food, or player should get income if his clan parties make successfull raids, these are must of course. However current wage system is hard to be understood by player. Somedays you pay huge wages to your parties somedays you pay less somedays you receive money. These things should be explained better. Its so complex and differ much day to day currently. I prefer having extra lines in finance summary maybe for helping your companion party to make its money 5000 again and extra line for stable wages. It will be easier to understand but more lines.

Maybe create an additional ledger screen in the clan overview, where the expenses for everything are a little bit more detailed. It could even include some historic data, for example the wages for the last seven days or something like that. It could also contain the last seven days for your caravans and workshops.

To be honest, if I could mod, among the first "big" things I'd mod would be a complete redo of the troop logistics system where, for example, horses would have to be fed. That could bring more balance to cavalry heavy kingdoms. I'd also love the possibility to equip my soldiers individually. Some of them could own their own gear and some could just borrow whatever I give to them. I'd have no problem throwing lamellar on my new recruits if I could afford it. I also wish all troop (and lord) equipment was lootable after a battle, even if completely destroyed. They could be used as parts for repairing (another necessary feature in my opinion) less damaged equipment back into usability.

I don't think this would be nice.. Custom troops if you're forming your own kingdom, yes I'd agree.. But, the army already it's standar equipment, it's like a uniform. I already suffers enough to see different weapons at the hands of some same units, imagine this kinda of thing. he gear is an uniform if you think this way and I'm fine with it. Now, what could be interesting is the changing of cultures in settlements and clans or the mixing of cultures.

We have not been able to reproduce this particular issue (we tested joining during preparation & assault phases of the army). For joining the army during its preparation of the assault, you are not able to initiate the assault nor the sending of troops since you are not the army leader. For "helping" during the assault, the ("attack" in this case) button worked for us.

Are you sure you had sufficient health to partake in the battle? Could you share a savegame with us prior to this happening for you?

I experienced this problem too. When there is a siege battle going on I can't join the battle from outside, "attack" button won't do anything. I try to join to attackers party and I was not a part of the army previously.

Last edited:
Do you prefer that kind of balancings not to be mentioned in patch notes or you prefer receiving all change information?
While at it, is there a detailed list of the changes made by the code rework? Even if not a list of code changes (which probably wouldn't interest most people), at least a list of why the code rework was necessary and what it changes concerning Bannerlord's future?

I also prefer player should effected badly from going up food prices because his companion parties also pay much to food, or player should get income if his clan parties make successfull raids, these are must of course. However current wage system is hard to be understood by player. Somedays you pay huge wages to your parties somedays you pay less somedays you receive money. These things should be explained better. Its so complex and differ much day to day currently. I prefer having extra lines in finance summary maybe for helping your companion party to make its money 5000 again and extra line for stable wages. It will be easier to understand but more lines.
Just curious, what is the issue with having the parties cost what their troop make up is + daily supplies (same as player)? My assumption is that they would be able to make too much money and get us back into the "too easy to make money" loop, so you've introduced the 5000 limit to balance out the profits?

I experienced this problem too. When there is a siege battle going on I can't join the battle from outside, "attack" button won't do anything. I try to join to attackers party and I was not a part of the army previously.

yep, that’s exactly my same issue

btw, any idea on when the hotfix will be released? They said today but still I see nothing on steam ...

Hello,
Some days ago I found bug/exploit.
When you accept quest "Landlord Needs Manual Laborers" and after some time when you come back and try to talk with other noble in same village, then other noble will say to you, that you should stop to bring prisoners there. And after you choose an option, for example, share profit, then the relation with him will increase and when you close dialog window and talk to him again, then the same window appears and you can choose "share profit" again and again and so increase you relation with him to 100.

How to represent? Try to speak to Vorard of Atlantas in Atlantas.

Here is the link to the save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vybCJx2bnQD-_Dv674juDd50zhzX_Wo5/view?usp=sharing

Just curious, what is the issue with having the parties cost what their troop make up is + daily supplies (same as player)? My assumption is that they would be able to make too much money and get us back into the "too easy to make money" loop, so you've introduced the 5000 limit to balance out the profits?
I'm in favor of realistic economy and logistics and rules applying the same to everybody (PC or NPC). If that ends up with parties making too much money, balance should be achieved through tweaking of other features and settings.

I'm in favor of realistic economy and logistics and rules applying the same to everybody (PC or NPC). If that ends up with parties making too much money, balance should be achieved through tweaking of other features and settings.
Like I said that is my assumption, the answer is likely much more complex. I agree if it is the case.

To be honest, if I could mod, among the first "big" things I'd mod would be a complete redo of the troop logistics system where, for example, horses would have to be fed. That could bring more balance to cavalry heavy kingdoms. I'd also love the possibility to equip my soldiers individually. Some of them could own their own gear and some could just borrow whatever I give to them. I'd have no problem throwing lamellar on my new recruits if I could afford it. I also wish all troop (and lord) equipment was lootable after a battle, even if completely destroyed. They could be used as parts for repairing (another necessary feature in my opinion) less damaged equipment back into usability.
Man, you are going for a level of realism that I think will kill the fun. And if you're striving for more realism, what else would you add to the horse aspect. If you add "feeding the horses" as a thing, then that implies something negative happens if they aren't fed. Do horses die if I don't feed them? If my horses die, what is the death rate after I run out of food? If my horses die, do my cavalry now enter battle as infantry? I'm sure that won't bug out at all in the battle mode. Also, do I still have to buy horses from markets, or can I build a horse stable in a settlement I own to replenish my supply of horses which I've been allowing to die? Would I physically have to move my party to that settlement to pick up new horses? Or do they just magically spawn in my party (assuming one of my servants notionally delivered them to wherever I am)? I'd rather just assume my horses are eating grass as they traverse the map and keep it as a general background party expense. I'm cool with some options in the difficulty menu that allow folks to adjust the level of realism. I'm sure many people would enjoy what you've mentioned here, so I wouldn't say don't do it. Just ensure it is an option and not written into the base game. I would personally find it tedious and would probably just go back to playing Total War games.

Edit: Just thought of this too. IF you were cavalry in the medieval times, didn't you bring your own horse to the fight? I think if I'm paying X amount of denars per day to a Vlandian Knight, the total cost for that knight to include his gear, his horse, and his horse's food, is included in that wage. So, I think we are already paying for horsefeed albeit indirectly.

Computer openly cheated in the board game just a while ago. I was winning, she (computer) had two stones left and game stuck in her turn. I waited more than a minute but nothing happened. It did not even let me forfeit.

Beta Hotfix (e1.4.3 - 12/08/20)
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when entering a settlement that you own.
  • Fixed an issue with the assault option not showing in some instances when joining an ongoing siege.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when entering a newly captured city with an army.
  • Parties led by companions are now able to join armies.
  • Fixed a crash when the AI army leader lifted a siege.
  • Fixed an error while loading modules on game startup that caused a crash.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred with newborn NPC having no civilian or battle equipment set.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when the player completed an arena practice fight after loading the game while the arena menu was active.
  • Fixed a crash where a minor faction and a bandit party attacked an enemy faction and the player decided to help it.

Back
Top Bottom