Beta Patch Notes e1.4.3

Users who are viewing this thread

I would just like to know some rough estimate if we having some bigger update this week or later, if its worth continuing with my 1.4.3 version. Was kinda hoping today would be it after two weeks hiatus.

Ok, then It looks like we are not going to get the new big patch this week.

BTW, you are probably doing this already, but It is a good idea to talk with other people having the same issue and try to find common hardware, software, etc. I remember that in beta, some players having a game pad connected was causing crashes.

Its not the crashing . i am not having that ..Character Creation mine is also fine with that. Its the old steamrolling. 2 years in game time with new start and no mods and i have only 4 kingdoms left. this was 100 % better in 1.4.2 .. and if this went to stable with out this part sorted. they would go mad on here.

After the latest hotfix I am experiencing a new crash:

Playing a Sturgian vassal, lord of Gersegos castle. I just accepted a "Landlord needs Manual Laborers" quest from a notable at Gersegos village. Went to my castle and crashed when trying to enter. Attached is my save file. Can be replicated by clicking on Gersegos Castle; once I arrive, I get a crash.

Its not the crashing . i am not having that ..Character Creation mine is also fine with that. Its the old steamrolling. 2 years in game time with new start and no mods and i have only 4 kingdoms left. this was 100 % better in 1.4.2 .. and if this went to stable with out this part sorted. they would go mad on here.

Well, snowballing has always been an issue in the game. Plus the in 1.4.3 something has been changed about war/peace system and now It works worse.

Playing a Sturgian vassal, lord of Gersegos castle. I just accepted a "Landlord needs Manual Laborers" quest from a notable at Gersegos village. Went to my castle and crashed when trying to enter. Attached is my save file. Can be replicated by clicking on Gersegos Castle; once I arrive, I get a crash.

Better idea to post on techsupport subforum than here.

Well, snowballing has always been an issue in the game. Plus the in 1.4.3 something has been changed about war/peace system and now It works worse.
I no.. thats why they need to get it close to what 1.4.2 was as that was the best they had got it to date. It was still not right but going from that to this many will not be happy. I no there are lots of other bugs that need to be fixed but lets get the main one done first.

Mexxico mentioned earlier today that he intends to review the war/peace algorithm which may help here as well.

Having the same problem. Sturgian vassal. lord of Flintolg castle. Crashing as soon i am entering the castle. Haven't accepted any new quest since i started the game after update.

Well, I think we do not get so much money from caravans as you think. Mexxico said that we can get back the investment money in about 1 year, while the caravan's lifetime is 3 years average. I have run my own test activating cheats and getting a caravan with upgraded units in Qasira (I did not get a hero with trade skill because was not available). The caravan has been giving me 297 denars daily average and I got my money back in 76 days. It is ok taking into account that I am going to be getting money for 2 years more or so, according to caravans' lifetime.

The thing is that I run this test in perfect conditions when I was not fighting wars and caravan has no many risks to be captured. In my actual campaigns (not testing campaign), I usually fight Khuaits because I hate to see them getting over all the map, so my caravans get killed much faster than in 3 years. Sometimes they get killed in 50 days or so, even when I got that caravan from Seonon, it looks like the caravan went close to Khuzaits territory and got killed by a Khuzait party.

I am one of the people who asked for passive income nerf, because I enjoy challenging games and before, caravans and workshops were pretty OP, but now caravans are not worthwhile most of the time IMO. It is not about increasing the passive income, but I think that caravans could be cheaper taking into account that they are a pretty risky income source. Having a Wool Wavery I can get 150-200 denars daily average, and get my investment back in 70-93 days without almost any risk to lose my investment.

Caravans should cost about 12.000 (17.000 upgraded troops), maybe they would be more appealing to get.
I actually have a thread going with mexxico now, I have sent him my save game and we are making progress on a solution

Well, I think we do not get so much money from caravans as you think. Mexxico said that we can get back the investment money in about 1 year, while the caravan's lifetime is 3 years average. I have run my own test activating cheats and getting a caravan with upgraded units in Qasira (I did not get a hero with trade skill because was not available). The caravan has been giving me 297 denars daily average and I got my money back in 76 days. It is ok taking into account that I am going to be getting money for 2 years more or so, according to caravans' lifetime.

The thing is that I run this test in perfect conditions when I was not fighting wars and caravan has no many risks to be captured. In my actual campaigns (not testing campaign), I usually fight Khuaits because I hate to see them getting over all the map, so my caravans get killed much faster than in 3 years. Sometimes they get killed in 50 days or so, even when I got that caravan from Seonon, it looks like the caravan went close to Khuzaits territory and got killed by a Khuzait party.

I am one of the people who asked for passive income nerf, because I enjoy challenging games and before, caravans and workshops were pretty OP, but now caravans are not worthwhile most of the time IMO. It is not about increasing the passive income, but I think that caravans could be cheaper taking into account that they are a pretty risky income source. Having a Wool Wavery I can get 150-200 denars daily average, and get my investment back in 70-93 days without almost any risk to lose my investment.

Caravans should cost about 12.000 (17.000 upgraded troops), maybe they would be more appealing to get.

As you can see in @Flesson19 's video caravans can make up to 700 denars per day. This means 700 x 82 denars per year with about 90% survival chance. So you can get your investment back in only 25-30 game days (about 1/3 year).

First remember that this videos are PRIOR to mexxico's barter pennalty reduction from 10% to 8% which made a massive difference in profits, the profit numbers in these videos should increase by 50% to 100% since his hotfix change

Most people don't know all the mechanics involved in caravans, mexxico gave me that knowledge and I pass it along in this video, if you follow these steps you can make a HUGE profit on caravans.

I am actually doing an entire 1,000 day playthrough as a strict trader to see how much i can make, and Most of the profit will be from caravans, not trading. You can make good money trading, but running caravans with the right setup, can get rich fast.

Last edited:
As you can see in @Flesson19 's video caravans can make up to 700 denars per day. This means 700 x 82 denars per year with about 90% survival chance. So you can get your investment back in only 25-30 game days (about 1/3 year).

You might have answered it already but i didn't see. Flesson mentioned at the end of the video that the Aserai traders might actually be at a disadvantage because of their discounted creation price, is there something in place to counteract that or is that a current issue?

First remember that this videos are PRIOR to mexxico's barter pennalty reduction from 10% to 8% which made a massive difference in profits, the profit numbers in these videos should increase by 50% to 100% since his hotfix change

Most people don't know all the mechanics involved in caravans, mexxico gave me that knowledge and I pass it along in this video, if you follow these steps you can make a HUGE profit on caravans.

I am actually doing an entire 1,000 day playthrough as a strict trader to see how much i can make, and Most of the profit will be from caravans, not trading. You can make good money trading, but running caravans with the right setup, can get rich fast.
I’m making my next character a trader named Flesson of the 19 Kittens.

Great videos

You might have answered it already but i didn't see. Flesson mentioned at the end of the video that the Aserai traders might actually be at a disadvantage because of their discounted creation price, is there something in place to counteract that or is that a current issue?
I am testing that our now, I need to get to around day 800 in my playthrough so the economy are somewhat the same with inflation and will post an Aserai caravan video also, and I think I might go back and run all 8 tests again to update the prices

Back
Top Bottom