Beta Patch Notes e1.4.3

Users who are viewing this thread

Will do. Is there a way to bring prices down artificially other than selling iron there in bulk.?
I'm not sure if it got fixed, but in earlier versions, dumping a lot of goods on a town brought caravans swarming like flies to buy up the now dirt cheap goods you sold. It was a problem when you fixed starving towns by selling lots of food. Just something to be aware of.

In encyclopedia, the page about my brother state that he is my elder brother, yet he is 25 while I am 30 ^^
Edit : Also did anyone noticed insanely fast healing rate for troops ? I never have wounded units for more than half a day, it always insta' heal 2-3 at the same time ( clean fresh save no mods) eve when moving on the campaign map.

Last edited:
In encyclopedia, the page about my brother state that he is my elder brother, yet he is 25 while I am 30 ^^
Edit : Also did anyone noticed insanely fast healing rate for troops ? I never have wounded units for more than half a day, it always insta' heal 2-3 at the same time ( clean fresh save no mods) eve when moving on the campaign map.

Yes, troops heal so fast it is hard to level medicine...

Yes. I knocked out an entire army get them captured by looters so I could steal their troops...... but they healed incredibly fast and looters wouldn't get them!
I tried on my own party and was surprised how fast they recovered. I was hoping it would make medicine better to raise up, and it might, but it's still so **** slow to raise up, even on a fresh care with high learning speed in-tact.

Yes. I knocked out an entire army get them captured by looters so I could steal their troops...... but they healed incredibly fast and looters wouldn't get them!
I tried on my own party and was surprised how fast they recovered. I was hoping it would make medicine better to raise up, and it might, but it's still so **** slow to raise up, even on a fresh care with high learning speed in-tact.

My problem has been, according to the tooltip, medicine is learned by healing in settlements. But most of the time, by the time I reach a settlement most of my soldiers have healed.

My problem has been, according to the tooltip, medicine is learned by healing in settlements. But most of the time, by the time I reach a settlement most of my soldiers have healed.
I was hoping it would make medicine better to raise up, and it might, but it's still so **** slow to raise up, even on a fresh care with high learning speed in-tact.

You get exp in medicine each time a unit is killed/wounded, and each time a wounded unit is back at full health (+ your own hp regen) being in a settlement is just a faster heal, to level up medicine you need to cycle your units, recruit mass T1-T2, auto battle big army, have a lot of casualty, mass recruit, repeat.
Edit you don't actually need low tier unit, since higher tier have a better chance to survive instead of being killed, you get more XP since they will be wounded+healed, but massive army of recruits tend to have more casualties for the same battle

You'll get it walking on the map too, even though the tool tip says that...... I wonder if it's supposed to reference something like a quest to heal 'wounded soldiers' that they wanted to make but didn't, like in KKD you could patch npc wounds.

to level up medicine you need to cycle your units, recruit mass T1-T2, auto battle big army
I could do that but you can also knock you own men out with blunt arrows after every battle, ensuring maximum healing of wounded and not wasting people.
It's still incredibly slow just looking at how much exp you get per say 100 knock outs and heals.

I think it would work if you got a daily tick passive like steward + exp from heals and wounded in battle on top, like you're studying medicine everyday even if battle goes smoothly. Also quest to raise the skill would be nice too.

My workshops in Praven and Sargot are making 71 (Brewery)
and 56 (iron monger) after many months in game. These are at half the profit that was in 1.4.2

Also, none of the companions have any traits in 1.4.3

Last edited:
My workshops in Praven and Sargot are making 71 (Brewery)
and 56 (iron monger) after many months in game. These are at half the profit that was in 1.4.2

AFAIK both towns do not have grain villages, so it would make sense that the profit is not too high. Sargot has possibly iron ore from a village associated with the castle to the north. If the peasants bring the iron ore to Sargot and not to Ocs Hall it should work out, although in my experience the peasants are very often victims of looters. Pravend does not have access to any iron ore thus a smithy should not be very profitable.

I would like to see a small note in each village description which town is currently associated with this village. Maybe in the tool tip of the world map or in the encyclopedia.

AFAIK both towns do not have grain villages, so it would make sense that the profit is not too high. Sargot has possibly iron ore from a village associated with the castle to the north. If the peasants bring the iron ore to Sargot and not to Ocs Hall it should work out, although in my experience the peasants are very often victims of looters. Pravend does not have access to any iron ore thus a smithy should not be very profitable.

I would like to see a small note in each village description which town is currently associated with this village. Maybe in the tool tip of the world map or in the encyclopedia.
There is a mod that does that. It's called VARTS Trade Guild and adds a new encyclopedia entry showing what town has which resources from the surrounding villages and also suggests which workshops work best for all towns.

I wish we could interact with our workshops like in warband. I could easily dump all kinds of metal and charcoals stuff into my smithy..... but if I have to sell it to the town I'm afraid caravans will come take it! I don't need the money but I would like them to rank up and make more armor. I don't even know if they rank up or not yet. Do they just need iron or and charcoal or wood? Or will they use other metals too?

but I would like them to rank up and make more armor.
Can they now rank up? Isn´t this just another placeholder feature?

Also will we get new information about the next patch today? I don´t want to know when the patch will be ready, but I want to know what we can expect? Finally some big (read: real) update?

Can they now rank up? Isn´t this just another placeholder feature?

Also will we get new information about the next patch today? I don´t want to know when the patch will be ready, but I want to know what we can expect? Finally some big (read: real) update?
That's what I meant, I don't know if it's just a place holder or not.
I wish we would get a patch today! I want bow perks! I want pre-battle map placements and formations!

That's what I meant, I don't know if it's just a place holder or not.
Yes, it is still just a placeholder. I haven´t played 1.4.3 but there is nothing in the patch notes about it. Guess they will just silently remove this placeholder in the future.

EDIT:

So no news about the next update today?

Last edited:

In the prior 1.4.2. I made profits in the 180-250 for both of these.

You get exp in medicine each time a unit is killed/wounded, and each time a wounded unit is back at full health (+ your own hp regen) being in a settlement is just a faster heal, to level up medicine you need to cycle your units, recruit mass T1-T2, auto battle big army, have a lot of casualty, mass recruit, repeat.
Edit you don't actually need low tier unit, since higher tier have a better chance to survive instead of being killed, you get more XP since they will be wounded+healed, but massive army of recruits tend to have more casualties for the same battle
You'll get it walking on the map too, even though the tool tip says that...... I wonder if it's supposed to reference something like a quest to heal 'wounded soldiers' that they wanted to make but didn't, like in KKD you could patch npc wounds.

I could do that but you can also knock you own men out with blunt arrows after every battle, ensuring maximum healing of wounded and not wasting people.
It's still incredibly slow just looking at how much exp you get per say 100 knock outs and heals.

Ok that's good to know. Not sure if it is worth trying, seems like a pain in the butt. Thanks for dropping that knowledge though!

BTW I want to craft a couchable polearm but can't tell which ones are couchable from the smithing menu. Anyone got tips? The longest couchable polearm I've found in towns is 200 length, I want to see if I can make a longer one.

Ok that's good to know. Not sure if it is worth trying, seems like a pain in the butt. Thanks for dropping that knowledge though!

BTW I want to craft a couchable polearm but can't tell which ones are couchable from the smithing menu. Anyone got tips? The longest couchable polearm I've found in towns is 200 length, I want to see if I can make a longer one.
Couchable polearms will say two handed pole arm twice. It’s a big but they will still couch. Think it’s based on the shaft.

Back
Top Bottom