Beta Patch Notes e1.4.3

Users who are viewing this thread

We have a fix for the trade issues in the works. We will also examine health regen, though, this may not be a bug but a matter of balance (a bug was fixed with it that may have shifted things from what people were used to - but i am not sure yet).

Regarding "auto win sieges" is this something you personally experience? Do you have any savegame prior to it happening?

For crashes, as long as people are uploading the dumps we will resolve them from most common to least common.

@Concomitant could you please provide a savegame where you are experiencing the issue?
Thanks a lot for looking into it.

I have no problems if this some sort of "re-balancing" but then there should be a solution where i can boost the healing rate - for example with 2,3 or even a 4th medic in my troops.
But i only can say, 2 arent enough early in the game, already tried it with a new, clean campaign. So now its worse then in 1.4.2 wich is kinda game breaking when you want to fight and not only simulate fights.

Or as an idea or enhancement request - maybe there should be a bath with a medic in the towns. Where iam able to pay a for a treatment wich gets me healed. With some logic that i cant gain more then 25% for one treatment and not more then 2 in a week, or i can go there more often but the healing bonus would decrease,.. 2nd time is only 20%, 3r time 15% and so on,...
Would also match the post roman setting with their baths

All the villages in my play through are going to 100 in power and I only have recruits to train now . . . I also married arwa and her character model in the character screen and party screen is a randomly generated character model. Her model in game and in the encyclopedia is correct however.

Health regen rate as it is right now seems fine to me as long as it applies to all heroes and not just the player. Might help with the infinite loop of defeating same enemy AI parties again and again (maybe put a conditional that enemy AI wont leave a castle/town if their health is < number% ??).

Would make the battles actually count and feel important which in my opinion as things are right now, is not the case. And to make it more balanced, if the player is wounded and enters a battle, the auto resolve system should penalize the players party (simulating lower morale on troops if there are no healthy companions in battle with high skills). The same should happen to the AI, if the party leader is wounded but they encounter a critical situation that would make them leave the castle/town in which they are recovering (e.g. enemy besieges one of their fiefs)

I think health regen rate feels very slow for the player, but if this is the reason, I like it

All the villages in my play through are going to 100 in power and I only have recruits to train now . . . I also married arwa and her character model in the character screen and party screen is a randomly generated character model. Her model in game and in the encyclopedia is correct however.

It seems the hotfix may have stabilized the influence of notables and they seem to be recovering but further testing is needed, I’m interested in seeing what happens.

I don't think that's a bug. Afaik the companions that lead them get the trade XP. Will check, but expect that you need to do the trading yourself.

That's not how i understand the ingame description of the trade skill. And i am not alone, the majority of players considers this a bug IMO. Please clarify and fix the ingame description about operating caravans. If the player indeed has to do the trading to level the skill, i recommend increasing the % of SP gained per trade. If the games purpose is to be fun i can tell you that doing trading for days is not! I tried to ease the pain with some tournaments when in a city, but still it took days and my character was already getting old when i could finaly buy my own fief. The thing is you need the skill if you want to found your own kingdom without being at war with everyone around you immediatly and get overrun. The way it is in 1.4.2 and i suppose 1.4.3 it kinda forces a social 10 trade 5 build. Using the same build over and over again just to be able to trade fiefs is getting old.

Alternatively allow trading fiefs from the start or at least much earlier and turn the 225 perk into a discount perk.

We have a fix for the trade issues in the works. We will also examine health regen, though, this may not be a bug but a matter of balance (a bug was fixed with it that may have shifted things from what people were used to - but i am not sure yet).

Regarding "auto win sieges" is this something you personally experience? Do you have any savegame prior to it happening?

For crashes, as long as people are uploading the dumps we will resolve them from most common to least common.

@Concomitant could you please provide a savegame where you are experiencing the issue?

thanks for the great update. The issue with healing is for balance then? Is that why there are more lords in cities generally and lower overall strength per faction? If it is I appreciate it. Seems to slow things down some. Haven’t had as many cities changing hands.

That's not how i understand the ingame description of the trade skill. And i am not alone, the majority of players considers this a bug IMO. Please clarify and fix the ingame description about operating caravans. If the player indeed has to do the trading to level the skill, i recommend increasing the % of SP gained per trade. If the games purpose is to be fun i can tell you that doing trading for days is not! I tried to ease the pain with some tournaments when in a city, but still it took days and my character was already getting old when i could finaly buy my own fief. The thing is you need the skill if you want to found your own kingdom without being at war with everyone around you immediatly and get overrun. The way it is in 1.4.2 and i suppose 1.4.3 it kinda forces a social 10 trade 5 build. Using the same build over and over again just to be able to trade fiefs is getting old.

Alternatively allow trading fiefs from the start or at least much earlier and turn the 225 perk into a discount perk.

Don't know, but I think being able to buy a Castle or a City should be quite "uncommon"

Would make the battles actually count and feel important which in my opinion as things are right now, is not the case.
yes, i agree that victory in the battle should be more important that it is now, especially for some nations, but i think there should be a better way.
again, we don't have illness in the game just yet, so i believe illness will become this balancing factor you are talking about.
But if i have to wait for an ingame week to be fully healed my clan gets rank 2 in 5 weeks realtime
yeah, the current healing rate has a major negative impact on the early game rather than the late game.

Don't know, but I think being able to buy a Castle or a City should be quite "uncommon"

Why? Everyone knows the basic principle of wanting something and giving something in return. I didn't have to go to school to know that i wanted a Nintendo entertainment system. So i asked my parents if they would buy me one. An adult should know that, if he wants a castle, he has to ask the owner. Does this mean he knows what the castle is actually worth? Of course not. That could come with experience in trading, resulting in a perk giving the player a discount.

Right now bought fiefs are locked behind an artificial wall of forced builds and an inhuman, tedious grind. It doesn't even make sense from a balancing perspective since you would still need the coins to buy the castle / city and the army to keep it.

Another thing i am missing are messengers. Why do kings/emperors still have to run behind nobles just to barter their defection? It's annoying and meanwhile your castles and cities are being besieged and lost because AI vassals aren't worth a damn as long as you don't have A LOT of them just so someone might have the bright idea that defending a castle instead of raiding a village is propably the better choice. There is already a mod that allows sending messengers and i wish this feature would be implemented into the game.

Why? Everyone knows the basic principle of wanting something and giving something in return. I didn't have to go to school to know that i wanted a Nintendo entertainment system. So i asked my parents if they would buy me one. An adult should know that, if he wants a castle, he has to ask the owner. Does this mean he knows what the castle is actually worth? Of course not. That could come with experience in trading, resulting in a perk giving the player a discount.

Right now bought fiefs are locked behind an artificial wall of forced builds and an inhuman, tedious grind. It doesn't even make sense from a balancing perspective since you would still need the coins to buy the castle / city and the army to keep it.

Another thing i am missing are messengers. Why do kings/emperors still have to run behind nobles just to barter their defection? It's annoying and meanwhile your castles and cities are being besieged and lost because AI vassals aren't worth a damn as long as you don't have A LOT of them just so someone might have the bright idea that defending a castle instead of raiding a village is propably the better choice. There is already a mod that allows sending messengers and i wish this feature would be implemented into the game.

Let me rephrase, being able to afford a castle/city by being a trader, not sure how many example in real life history there are of traders buying castles/cities, and if there are, guess those were the most prominent figures in history (Medicci-like?), thus the uncommon and should take time/be difficult to achieve

I dislike traders being able to buy fiefs. You have to be a vassal and given that fief by the ruling lord, that's how it worked in real life. Or take it by force.

What I would like for traders is an ability to gain influence through their money. Bankrolling other noble armies, loaning money etc. To the point where, when fiefs are taken, the ruling lord gives the trader character major consideration on ownership of said fief.

I have a question: have you guys, the Devs thought of any solution to "Faction leader taking all the freaking settlements"? if so, how fast can we expect it to be changed? cause, to be fair, it does piss me off whem greedy leader takes all the land for himself

I dislike traders being able to buy fiefs. You have to be a vassal and given that fief by the ruling lord, that's how it worked in real life. Or take it by force.

What I would like for traders is an ability to gain influence through their money. Bankrolling other noble armies, loaning money etc. To the point where, when fiefs are taken, the ruling lord gives the trader character major consideration on ownership of said fief.

I agree you shouldn't be able to simply buy a fief as a mere trade and simply be a noble or king of your own. This never happened throughout history. If you wanted to "join" nobility it was always through serving in military campaign or at least providing the troops and material to do so, not just the money.

There are quite enough examples where merchants or other wealthy organizations provided a substantial founding for a kings campaign, although it didn't guarantee them influence with the king. Often they were just declared to be traitors or heretics, so the king didn't have to pay back his debt in any way. Would be a nice feature though.

I know comparing a fantasy game to real world history isn't always possible, but Bannerlord's faction at least have a historic base, so there should be some kind of analogies.

From a gameplay perspective I think fief trading should be possible, but you should need to be a part of nobility to do so (vassal or king). Although, when you think about it, you could argue that your PC is rebuilding his clan and therefore is already part of lesser nobility from the beginning, so "buying back" a former fief from your king could be somewhat legit from an RP perspective, as we don't know the full character backstory.

Is there some issue with companions not being effective in their own parties now? I had a "Golden" companion geared up and gave him all my top tier troops, full party for him, and he proceeded to run around and do not much of anything for several weeks until he was captured. No quests completed.

Last edited:
Beta Hotfix (e1.4.3 - 30/07/20)
  • Imperial Sergeant Crossbowmen got their swords back.
  • Fixed an issue related with automatic block direction option in which ranged attacks forced the player to stop holding their shield up.
  • AI now needs to build more siege equipment before launching an assault. If attackers start a siege assault without any equipment or with only one ram/siege tower, the settlement will have a better advantage compared to previously.
  • Siege preparation is now 33% longer.
  • Item prices differentiate more among settlements so merchant players & caravans can make better profits.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred if the player left an army while at a settlement.

• AI now needs to build more siege equipment before launching an assault. If attackers start a siege assault without any equipment or with only one ram/siege tower, the settlement will have a better advantage compared to previously.
  • Siege preparation is now 33% longer.

Bless Mexxico, happy holiday!

Back
Top Bottom