Beta Patch Notes e1.4.3

Users who are viewing this thread

Daily whinepost about muscle slider for character creation please dev reply
There's 2 hidden sliders currently in the game that are dynamically updated depending on your character's actions, however they're not very functional at the moment and has a tendency to max the weight slider, and lowering the build slider last time I checked. From my testing sitting and waiting in a town makes you fatter, running around a lot makes u thinner, but last time I tested this was quite a few patches ago so take it with a grain of salt

There's 2 hidden sliders currently in the game that are dynamically updated depending on your character's actions, however they're not very functional at the moment and has a tendency to max the weight slider, and lowering the build slider last time I checked. From my testing sitting and waiting in a town makes you fatter, running around a lot makes u thinner, but last time I tested this was quite a few patches ago so take it with a grain of salt
A few months ago we were able to unlock the muscle (or was it called build?) slider with the console command mod, but this has been removed. I had no idea that our actions in-game affected these hidden sliders? Are you sure about that?

A few months ago we were able to unlock the muscle (or was it called build?) slider with the console command mod, but this has been removed. I had no idea that our actions in-game affected these hidden sliders? Are you sure about that?
Yes. If you unlocked the sliders, changed them, played until the daily tick, the slider would be reset to its dynamic value. I tested this thoroughly

Yes. If you unlocked the sliders, changed them, played until the daily tick, the slider would be reset to its dynamic value. I tested this thoroughly
Interesting. Well, hopefully we will be able to make use of these sliders when creating our characters someday again, maybe @Callum can confirm this is being worked on? :smile:

Please adjust the healing rate for the Hero. The current recovery system is simply bad. It takes a week to recover from the wounds, even with 288 in Healing. Too long, too slow, feels bad.

Is someone having the following issues or it is just me (I am curious because nobody is complaining about these issues)?:

- Family members get bugged after being captured in battle and I cannot make them party leaders anymore. Sometimes it happens in the first time the family member gets defeated and sometimes 2 or 3 defeats before getting bugged.
- A lot of AI Lords are sitting now in settlements, especially kings who are not leading parties most of the times and sitting in settlements. Not sure if it is intended or it is a bug. Sometimes a tier 5 clan with plenty of eligible lords just lead 1 party while all other lords in the clan just sit in settlements for a lot of time.

I have started a new campaign and same is happening.

Beta Hotfix (e1.4.3 - 29/07/20)
  • Fixed a bug that caused garrison wages to be excessive for a short period of time upon taking control of a settlement.
  • Prevented a crash when upgrading troops in Manage Troops screen before attacking a hideout.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when recruiting surrendering bandits in a conversation.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when clicking on death notifications.
  • Fixed a crash in Skirmish.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to mount a horse that was despawning.
  • Localisation fixes.
Didn't expect a hotfix for the beta branch so soon. Good job guys

BUMP for visibility:

My armies are dying RAPIDLY after sieges. Is this not happening to anyone else?! The game is in an unplayable state for me.

BUMP for visibility:

My armies are dying RAPIDLY after sieges. Is this not happening to anyone else?! The game is in an unplayable state for me.
You mean ARMIES as in an army you're leading, army of you vassals you're not leading? Or do you mean companion parties or garrison'd units?
I've noticed town food a little more rough after a siege then in 1.4.2 beta, I think they maybe changed it. I think it's workable though but I could not garrison more then handful of troops until grainery was built. If it hits the AI just as hard it's fine with me.
Any ways you should elaborate the exact problem you're having .

You mean ARMIES as in an army you're leading, army of you vassals you're not leading? Or do you mean companion parties or garrison'd units?
I've noticed town food a little more rough after a siege then in 1.4.2 beta, I think they maybe changed it. I think it's workable though but I could not garrison more then handful of troops until grainery was built. If it hits the AI just as hard it's fine with me.
Any ways you should elaborate the exact problem you're having .
Here
I did find an absolutely major bug, though. Right now, my armies are simply dying off. I watched an army of 1000 drop to 0 in about a minute after a siege (I am unsure if a siege is necessary, but it did happen after one); they were on their way back to a controlled city. I watched them to see what would happen. Upon approaching zero, the army splits up into individual lords which comprise it, and they have a unit count of exactly 1. So an army with 10 lords will split into those ten lords individually. I believe what is happening is the troops are becoming injured (possibly? due to starvation) but the rate at which it happened was absurd. Like I said, an army of 1000 went to null in less than one minute of real time.

Now, I am not sure if it happened more times than this, but I believe it did because other armies seemed to disappear after sieges, but their cohesion was still quite high when they disappeared. So, I think the bug is that armies and possibly even just parties will rapidly lose men while traveling in the world after a siege, raid, etc. I think the same thing happens for raids, but I do not have confirmation of this.

I'm around day 200. Just married Liena... game now crashes while moving around on the campaign map every time I load the save file after just a minute or so. Its like it runs out of memory or something... stutters and freezes/unfreezes then finally reaches a state where it can no longer recover. Watching my CPU and GPU usage it doesn't get outside of normal parameters. I'm running a i9 @ 3.60 Ghz, 64GB of RAM and a GeForce RTX 2080... so I know its not my machine running out of resources.

Please adjust the healing rate for the Hero. The current recovery system is simply bad. It takes a week to recover from the wounds, even with 288 in Healing. Too long, too slow, feels bad.
THIS. Its really game breaking if you try to stand on the front line.
In my case everybody is healed and ready for battle - but not myself. With only 27% health for example it is often difficult to kill one looter.
Alltough i played warband for several years with thousands of hours, this healing rate in 1.4.3 made me register on the forum only to support users with same opinion:razz:

Okay 1.4.3

-Trading is bugged, prices are too similar
-Health for your character is bugged
-Renown is bugged, 0 to start for player
-Auto win sieges that 1.4.2 hot fix was for are still in 1.4.3
-Sieges in which the AI is taking settlements around 30 seconds or so is happening, not sure if that's related to the above bug/ snowballing out of control
-Getting random crashes and freezes on the campaign map

Anything else anybody?

Okay 1.4.3

-Trading is bugged, prices are too similar
-Health for your character is bugged
-Renown is bugged, 0 to start for player
-Auto win sieges that 1.4.2 hot fix was for are still in 1.4.3
-Sieges in which the AI is taking settlements around 30 seconds or so is happening, not sure if that's related to the above bug/ snowballing out of control
-Getting random crashes and freezes on the campaign map

Anything else anybody?
We have a fix for the trade issues in the works. We will also examine health regen, though, this may not be a bug but a matter of balance (a bug was fixed with it that may have shifted things from what people were used to - but i am not sure yet).

Regarding "auto win sieges" is this something you personally experience? Do you have any savegame prior to it happening?

For crashes, as long as people are uploading the dumps we will resolve them from most common to least common.

@Concomitant could you please provide a savegame where you are experiencing the issue?

Back
Top Bottom