Beta Patch Notes e1.4.3

Users who are viewing this thread

I think it's worth making it clear right now - the dev's have stated that this is NOT the big MP patch they have been talking about. This was a smaller patch that was due to come first.

So please everyone don't lose your minds at the limited MP changes - they are due still.
Why would devs lie about the "Next patch making us happy bunnies" then?
We waited more than a month for a reporting system, and now we have to wait more than a month for a most likely BAD mechanic (crush through) that once again rewards lack of skill and random values rather than actual skill. I don't see anything related to nerfing javs, cavalry and kicks. Yes it's going to come, but when? 2 Months? Because this is the beta content, so it wont be live for a month, and in 1 month we'll get this (so close to 0 content). MP patches should be independent to SP patches. Why would we wait 2 months and let the game die even more? Just because one guy from the SP team is finishing a chinese localisation improvement?

We pack resources together for better runtime performance which means that the whole file is updated if any changes are made to any single part. There were also changes to meshes, animations and other larger files which account for some of that 15GB. :smile:

Fixed a bug that caused troop formations to reset after saving and loading the game.

I need this on the live servers now

Ye good question, how are we supposed to test MP mechanics if beta doesn't have servers? Do we just trust the Taleworlds combat team?

@mexxico is there part where is code refactoring heavily focused at? Not sure if you are the correct person to ask though but, apart from one line, I'm not seeing any of my three mods got any build error, meaning that refactoring wasn't spread much in the entire codebase or handled very cautiously not to break anything further on purpose.[/hr]

I am not responsible from refactor done and I was not fan of it also but what can I say is refactor did not actually changed big code parts (it was actually only 1-2 day work itself but its effects resolved in 5-6 weeks). It was a small refactor but created different bugs in different areas because it changed some frequently used parts. Thats why maybe most mods did not effected badly and continue working well. Also this time we did lots of internal tests to handle all bugs occured. Still some mods can be effected of course and some bugs can be still not discovered. We will see. We are ready to react fast.

• Skill and trait generation for children was improved. Problems with excessively low or high skilled offspring should be resolved.
  • Face and body properties selection for children was improved.
@mexxico @Duh_TaleWorlds (I don't really know who should I ask about it, sorry) Does that mean that children finally won't have -9000 skill points and look like clones of a mother/father anymore?

By the way, I see that no changes have been made to "Scout enemy garisson quest". Does that mean that it won't be able to appear again due to impossible conditions for that quest to appear :/

Last edited:
Thank you Devs for this great update! I got an massive performance boost! Still didnt find any crash, so this is good so far! I will come here if I find any problem!!

Muscle slider during character creation when? I don't want to look like an emaciated peasant. We used to be able to unlock the muscle slider with the dev console, but since one of the patches some months ago now that's no longer possible.

Back
Top Bottom