Beta Patch Notes e1.4.3

Users who are viewing this thread

1.4.3 with hot fix/ fresh campaign. So, I beat a group of 10 looters by myself (not a great feat) but I only got 1 renown for that? Is this working correctly? I was getting 4 or 5 renown for this prior.

Added two more patch notes that were accidentally omitted:
  • Fixed a bug that caused problems with health regeneration.
  • Adjusted some village productions. Visual adjustments will follow shortly.
Thanks alot - tried it and it seems its working properly like you described it in another post!

I noticed a new issue with this update. When a lord in my faction creates an army (and probably calls me to join) my party automatically changes its current direction and begins to go there. This can be frustrating if my party is chasing an enemy party or if I am being chased. I got caught one time because of this and lost the battle because of being outnumbered. This needs to be changed.

I noticed a new issue with this update. When a lord in my faction creates an army (and probably calls me to join) my party automatically changes its current direction and begins to go there. This can be frustrating if my party is chasing an enemy party or if I am being chased. I got caught one time because of this and lost the battle because of being outnumbered. This needs to be changed.

If your spouse -- who led parties before -- was in your party, this has been an issue for awhile.

How are you guys doing at clan T3ish? Early game I was doing pretty well financially due to missions but now that I have a castle and a modest garrison I feel like it is a boat anchor. I have to hustle constantly to keep from going broke.

If your spouse -- who led parties before -- was in your party, this has been an issue for awhile.
Ah yes, my wife was in my party. The glitch makes more sense right now, thanks!

I thought this is normal, if a other lord calls you to his army?
I think it is not normal because I should be the one deciding where to go. It can cause me to get caught by enemy party if I am being chased so it is not a healthy system. But if I am being called I should get a notification and I could decide to go or not to go. And if I choose not to go my relation can decrease with the the lord calling me and vice versa.

Why doesn't the game support passive training anymore? Getting XP during battles wasn't as big of a problem as not being able to train troops outside of combat at all which led to everyone having peasant armies.

Why doesn't the game support passive training anymore? Getting XP during battles wasn't as big of a problem as not being able to train troops outside of combat at all which led to everyone having peasant armies.
Just fight 1 group of looters and your men will level up. Literally my 20 man vs 14 looters leveled up all of my 10 recruits. EXP is not a problem, i had to start over because i got my party members to high tier to keep up with financially(pre-hotfix).

Just fight 1 group of looters and your men will level up. Literally my 20 man vs 14 looters leveled up all of my 10 recruits. EXP is not a problem, i had to start over because i got my party members to high tier to keep up with financially(pre-hotfix).
That 'fixes' (doesn't really fix, still unnecessarily tedious) the issue for the player but not the AI who end up sending the Peasant Human Wave at you after having their starting army wiped out once.

That 'fixes' (doesn't really fix, still unnecessarily tedious) the issue for the player but not the AI who end up sending the Peasant Human Wave at you after having their starting army wiped out once.
I mean what do you want? If the AI are going to play with our rules then when they die and spawn with a new army its going to consist of mainly peasants. They already spawn with a template squad to get them going and people are mad even about that. How long are you giving the AI to retrain their forces? Are you saying you fight an army win that war/make peace and start a new war and its still all peasants after some peace or you mean the next battle you have to fight peasants after beating them?

Something that i think would help is smaller but more armies. So far i mainly just see 1k armies fighting each other and the winner then has a massive advantage because it defeated 10+ lords at the same time. Sieges also wouldn't be so grossly uneven as they typically are. Sieges stopped being fun when i realized I was always going to win whether i helped or not. Less people being defeated all the time would lead to more fights with people who had time to retrain their armies. Defeated lords should be on patrol duty until their forces are appropriate to go back to war.

Something that i think would help is smaller but more armies. So far i mainly just see 1k armies fighting each other and the winner then has a massive advantage because it defeated 10+ lords at the same time. Sieges also wouldn't be so grossly uneven as they typically are. Sieges stopped being fun when i realized I was always going to win whether i helped or not.

I'm not sure if you're aware but this is the result of an imbalance between results of an autocalc siege assault (brutal on attackers) compared to manually fought siege battle (much rougher on defenders). The individual AI can't or won't use the crenallations as cover effectively and the overall siege defense scripting itself isn't smart enough to cede the wall when you have 150+ archers staring at them. So you can effectively murder most of the garrison just by moving halfway up the ladder and letting your archers do the rest.

I'm not sure if you're aware but this is the result of an imbalance between results of an autocalc siege assault (brutal on attackers) compared to manually fought siege battle (much rougher on defenders). The individual AI can't or won't use the crenallations as cover effectively and the overall siege defense scripting itself isn't smart enough to cede the wall when you have 150+ archers staring at them. So you can effectively murder most of the garrison just by moving halfway up the ladder and letting your archers do the rest.
Completely aware of that issue trust me. Another one of my gripes is defending sieges and the lack of opportunities for fun even sieges. AI seem to only fight clear victories and not take chances.

I want the training skill to come back in some capacity and I want passive XP gain every day like in Warband. Enough so that you can easily train up an army of tier 3 units out of combat with decent skills.
Get the raise the meek perk. They stated they want rank ups to come from battles not from passive exp. Honestly it sounds like you should be playing with mods as playing the game is "unnecessarily tedious". Also watching two mercenary parties fight each other, the victor got to upgrade his 20 recruits after just that one battle(they must of gotten credit for kills). The AI just need to win fights in order to rank up their recruits.

Also a tip for raise the meek, apparently holding on to a group of recruit and not ranking them up each time 1 is ready levels them all up fast as you get more passive exp for the group. So when you have your 20 stack of recruits, dont level them until they are all ready and the passive experience will build faster.

Back
Top Bottom