Beta Patch Notes e1.4.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean 1.4.3. The 1.4.2 version will be moved from BETA to ALPHA, that means a much stable one. 1.4.3 will be the new beta for those who want to experiment it. hope u understand now
Not sure if you're making a joke or you misunderstand the terminology of beta and alpha in software development... Alpha is a lower standard, earlier in process, smaller test pool phase than beta. At this point in time, the public has no access to the alpha builds of Bannerlord, and though they have in the past mentioned the possibility of opening an alpha build to the public for eager testers to opt into, that hasn't been mentioned for a while and I don't expect it to happen in the near future.

1.4.2 will be moved from beta to production/release/main branch. 1.4.3 will move from internal/alpha to beta.

Not sure if you're making a joke or you misunderstand the terminology of beta and alpha in software development... Alpha is a lower standard, earlier in process, smaller test pool phase than beta. At this point in time, the public has no access to the alpha builds of Bannerlord, and though they have in the past mentioned the possibility of opening an alpha build to the public for eager testers to opt into, that hasn't been mentioned for a while and I don't expect it to happen in the near future.

1.4.2 will be moved from beta to production/release/main branch. 1.4.3 will move from internal/alpha to beta.
Hmm, i think you re right tho, Idk i though i was right, sorry then

The 1.4.2 version will be moved from BETA to ALPHA, that means a much stable one.
That's not how it works, mate :grin:
Alpha version goes previously to Beta version, e.g. Alpha version has literally tons of bugs, it is scarcely tested and by no means is even close to be called "polished"
Beta comes after Alpha, it is a bit more stable version, but still have bugs which should be detected and eliminated before going to Stable version.
Stable version is pretty self-explanatory, I think. It is still able to have minor bugs, but it is playable (in theory, the last 5-7 years developers all over the world tend to release "stable" versions which are filled with bugs and sometimes pure unplayable, like Batman: Arkham Knight or Deadly Premonition 2).

I hope now it is a bit more clear for you now. If your statement wasn't a sarcasm from the very beginning, of course.

Is there any new content in 1.4.3 beta or is it all about balancing, reestructuring and bug fixing?
Info from mexxxico:
However as I said previously even 6-7 weeks past since last big patch and 80-90% of our energy spent on fixing bugs created due to refactor so please hold your expectations lower for new contents for only this patch.

The regular update (which affects stable and beta) is scheduled for Monday. The social media will begin talking about the content of the beta branch at that point.
This is the most confusing a simple little thing can be. Right now we have 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 beta, are they both getting a independent patch update on Monday?
Or, is 1.4.2 beat being patched at moved to stable AND a 1.4.3 beta is added, OR JUST 1.4.2 patched beta moved to stable and NO BETA version?

The regular updates affect both branches (just like it did in the past). 1.4.2 will move to stable, beta will see a new version. As far as i know, we never did a regular update for just one branch.

The regular updates affect both branches (just like it did in the past). 1.4.2 will move to stable, beta will see a new version. As far as i know, we never did a regular update for just one branch.
Thank you so much for clearing that up. It's confusing to me because I couldn't recall any update for both branches before, just hot fixes and updates to the beta branch, then a beta-> stable and a new beta at once.

Is there any new content in 1.4.3 beta or is it all about balancing, reestructuring and bug fixing?
Sounds like it is mostly the refactor. I would expect that they wanna see first how this build works and which Bugs they have to fix before they introduce many new features and can't be sure if it was the new thing or the changed code that messed something up. So in expect that they put most of the new content they produced during the refactor in the larger 1.5 patch so when this drops they can be sure that it is a bug with new things and not with some rewritten code. But i hope that we will get 1.5 pretty fast when they have a sable 1.43 branch.

So the 1.4.2 stable includes the code refactor, meaning most likely none of the mods will work anymore?
I'm not expecting that, it would be different to how their process has worked in the past. It would be high risk for them to drop the refactored code on millions of casual players without it passing through beta scale testing first.

I expect the current 1.4.2 which has been on beta for so long to move to main branch and mods updated for 1.4.2 will still work on it.
1.4.3 will come to beta, and it will be largely the same to play as 1.4.2, but it has been code refactored under the hood and that is likely to break mods.

Assuming it does play out that way, it means if you need mods to enjoy the game you can just play main branch (which will be the 1.4.2 we've all come to know and love... and get bored of) until mods are updated. You won't miss much in the way of new features or content since 1.4.3 is focused on refactor, not features or content.

The regular update (which affects stable and beta) is scheduled for Monday. The social media will begin talking about the content of the beta branch at that point.

Thanks. That makes sense so 1.4.3 will go to beta. As a suggestion your communications team should have said that. Very hard to understand what they did say and so little has been said over the last 4+ weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom