Beta Patch Notes e1.4.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No my friend. You'll notice the enemy AI used the giant rock to cover a flank. It's not that bad.

Also superior troops. All mounted. Most tier 5 and 6.

Large battles are still a mess. The "walking through jello" effect of troops spawning and trying to transit to a shield wall is insanely bad and the siege behavior isn't much better. The field battle AI is actually somewhat reasonable for a "normal" difficulty, but I think we need at least 1-2 more levels of more challenging ones. Already I'm getting decent enough on fully "realistic" to regularly win heavily outnumbered without a troop quality advantage. I don't flatter myself that this is because I'm top tier for the game. Battles are tactically pretty easy once you get an idea of how to strategically use geography. The AI has a massive advantage in terms of being able to micromanage squads compared to the relatively clunky human commands, but they still use pretty naive and almost entirely consistent(predictable) strategies.

Reddit thread says maybe next week, no guarantees:

“mexxico Situation is : After refactor done 5 weeks ago lots of game mechanics & menu connections are broken about 40-50 bugs are fixed by team until now (i was away thanks to team they fixed most in a short time) however still there are issues. Yesterday at 2:55 PM”

“mexxico More dangerous is some bugs are not easily can be caught by qa team - today i see one of them by luck visit scores of parties are reduced by 1/6 this means parties start not to go settlements even their party sizes are low, I see one party patrolling with 20 men and go deep in code and I also fixed it today. Yesterday at 2:56 PM”

“mexxico Still there are 5-10 bugs which is discovered but not resolved approximately 1 week more is needed to fix them at least. What I suggest is when new patch is out be ready that some parts can be broken because as I said some bugs are not easily caught. By time careful & experienced players will realize them (compare situations with 1.4.2) or we will see them by luck.”

Reddit thread says maybe next week, no guarantees:

Jesus Christ, at that point I begin to feel like I want a refund.

Release a game in EA, saying 'there are some minor bugs and the game is almost competed' = tones of bugs and a barebone tech demo. Trying to fix these bugs in 2 months resulted in even more bugs, broken mechanics and almost 0 new content. Now they decided to redevelop the game and have tones of bugs again and I'm pretty sure that when/if this patch will ever be released, the game will be a broken mess Buggerlord. And we have to wait for almost half of the year again to receive a new autosave slot.

What I suggest is when new patch is out be ready that some parts can be broken because as I said some bugs are not easily caught.

So we should expect the next patch, whenever it comes, to be buggy again and without any major or even minor content added?

At least I´m now not anymore exicted about the next update and will just uninstall and maybe check back in 6 months.

FYI Mexxico specifically stated to not quote him and that these were his personal views and not those of the company.
Read the last sentence again. Mexxico's personal opinion comments have been omitted from this post. The stuff OP posted was fine to share.

That's not what he said ever in his message to the player. Not even close. The poster said he omitted the last part where he didn't want his opinions reposted.

"

There was more on his personal opinion of the refractor but he did ask us not to share..

"
A week sounds way too much optimistic. If mexxico thinks that the patch MAY be released next week, then we should read it as "Maybe next month". Knowing how quick TW works. And the fact that it's going to be a broken mess again frustrates me the most, it means that these 3 months have been wasted all for nothing. Who knows, maybe later they'll decide to make a refactor again and again, and we'll play the same buggy mess over and over with a few quests and 2-3 scenes for each of the town/village and battle scenes.

Let them work. If we want a great game at the end they have to refactor some part of the game. It's early access if you can't wait or understand that the game is not ready don't buy it until it is out of early access. Refactoring means that they understand that they have done some bad things and that they want to repair it. Play another game and come back later if you are not here to support the game. Now it's time to give your opinion about the current state of the game and give advice or suggestion for the future. That's what early access is.

In long term view it's better to refactor than modify a lot of things on a crappy foundation. They need to have a "good" foundation to work properly and quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom