Beta Patch Notes e1.4.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My moral and faith in TW is slowly decreasing. They write about vague plans for the future, that sound really promising and then leave us in the dark, to lead endless discussions about speculations. This process gets repeated after every single update. This has been the tactic for over 8 years now and I feel like we deserve better! The very least thing should be to give us some kind of time frame for when the next update comes. If the time frame will get exceeded, TW can tell us in advance, but talk with us about it. 3 devs roaming around the forum, giving answers like distributing lotterry wins is simply not enough. They know well about their own stuff but thats it. They can not represent every area of the games development. Sure, the devs are not getting paid to be on this forum and talk with us, but if they want Bannerlord to become a great game, they have to! Its in everyones interest to have good communication between us and the devs. There is no excuse for devs to not talk to us at all. We aren't even getting told why they're not here. I would go as far as saying, communication is by far the biggest porblem in the whole Bannerlord development process.

My moral and faith in TW is slowly decreasing. They write about vague plans for the future, that sound really promising and then leave us in the dark, to lead endless discussions about speculations. This process gets repeated after every single update. This has been the tactic for over 8 years now and I feel like we deserve better! The very least thing should be to give us some kind of time frame for when the next update comes. If the time frame will get exceeded, TW can tell us in advance, but talk with us about it. 3 devs roaming around the forum, giving answers like distributing lotterry wins is simply not enough. They know well about their own stuff but thats it. They can not represent every area of the games development. Sure, the devs are not getting paid to be on this forum and talk with us, but if they want Bannerlord to become a great game, they have to! Its in everyones interest to have good communication between us and the devs. There is no excuse for devs to not talk to us at all. We aren't even getting told why they're not here. I would go as far as saying, communication is by far the biggest porblem in the whole Bannerlord development process.
Pretty much.

Since you're clearly someone who's ok with watching GoT again after watching S6-8, your entertainment advice should not be taken seriously.
that hurts ...
S7 is my favorite :shock:

I have been modding games for 20 years. I know how long it takes to make three lines of code or adjust a UI.
if this is true you also know that its only so easy because theres and underlying codebase thats way bigger then 3 lines that someone has to code and maintain for you

Last edited:
BREAKING: NEXT UPDATE DATE released by TW

at least 5 undisclosed sources told us today the next update will come when its ready.

sorry could not resist

Not official tools at this point, but it is fairly easy to go in and adjust things. A lot of other games make even little QoL modding hell on earth to accomplish.
Non-official tools are basically hacks, you know. Also calling that fairly easy is.. well.. Have you ever done .dll decompiling in your life before? Dependency Injection? Or any type of reverse engineering? Or fixed someone else's weird code? If not I can't explain it.

Comparing the flexibility with other games is something else. Just because they didn't have proper security layer on their gameplay code doesn't necessarily mean that they did it on purpose. So "you think its 3 lines because its super duper easy" attitude doesn't make much sense ( saying this for Pizi_G's comment )

They are currently not supporting the mods or modders officially.
We are aware that a big portion of our players is using modifications that are being created by our amazing modding community. Although we aim to support our modding community as much as we can in the future, we can't offer support to the issues that occur on modded games.
Even their current architecture is pretty messed up and not coder friendly ( I'm saying coder, not modder. Having a code that is not friendly to a coder is a bigger trouble FYI )
I hope they will fix this with their refactoring(s) but meanwhile, they should stop doing PR stunts with random insignificant stuff because it's humiliating.

Also they have to support mods because they are not blind. They are also aware that their numbers are somewhat high ( for this game ) with these non-official mods.

What game company provides support for crashes and issues caused by mods?

In the industry I work, if a piece of equipment has been modified, the warranty is voided and you cant get tech support by the manufacturer. That's pretty much standard.

Also calling that fairly easy is.. well.. Have you ever done .dll decompiling in your life before?
As a programmer that first decompiled something when trying to make bannerlord mods, yes it is fairly easy compared to a lot of other games. I don't use c# nor reverse engineer stuff yet it took barely any time to make basic mods(mostly using c/c++ probably helped the c# part).

From what I can tell they have tried to put as much as possible in the dlls so modders can view and access everything easily. This and the fact that they provide an easy way to load your own dlls in a module, I find it strange that you think the are not supporting mods/modders.

Also would you care to elaborate on what isn't coder friendly right now?

What game company provides support for crashes and issues caused by mods?
Okay, perhaps that quote was misleading since it was only mentioning about crashes. Honestly, I don't expect them to provide support about crashes - but they are not offering any official modding tools either. So currently they are officially not supporting modders and mods. I think that much is pretty clear. They will, however, support it in the future.

From what I can tell they have tried to put as much as possible in the dlls so modders can view and access everything easily. This and the fact that they provide an easy way to load your own dlls in a module, I find it strange that you think the are not supporting mods/modders.
As I said, this is not for modders but for their own product anyway. Entire Bannerlord works as a mod in its own already. Custom Battle, for example, is actually a mod. So is this style/architecture is planned for future mod support? Yes. Taleworlds did a lot of change in the main code to make it "modable" in the future. For example, fire particles were hardcoded previously and then switched back to modable version with refactoring in 2016. Taleworlds is planning to support modders in the future because they know the game's success depends on that. But currently, they are not officially supporting the modders and there is actually no point of claiming that unless TW comes up with modding tools. ( Which they will and have to quite soon )
Also would you care to elaborate on what isn't coder friendly right now?
Entire gameplay logic is not reliable and not following a certain pattern(s). Some parts are overengineered where some parts are simply overlooked or some parts are placeholder. That is expected and not much important if you have a closed blackbox environment ( like we have in RGL ) but if you expect people to wander around your game logic codebase, you should have some consistency and clear pattern. It's expected to have mixed patterns but if you use two different pattern ( or not even a pattern sometimes ) for same type of class/component, then it becomes a "messy" code. Even tracing that code to see what does what becomes quite impossible - let alone extending that with your "mod"

Non-official tools are basically hacks, you know. Also calling that fairly easy is.. well.. Have you ever done .dll decompiling in your life before? Dependency Injection? Or any type of reverse engineering? Or fixed someone else's weird code? If not I can't explain it.

Yes to some. Like I said, it is easier because they took time to make it easier.

I wouldn't expect them to, with the game still unfinished.

Boy I sure hope there's not a big update today, I'm very invested in stuffing my new towns with elite troops while watch the after math of my recent anti-khuzait rampage unfold. I would hate to have to take a break on my slow slow internet to download a big long patch.

WHERE'S THE PATCH!?

Boy I sure hope there's not a big update today, I'm very invested in stuffing my new towns with elite troops while watch the after math of my recent anti-khuzait rampage unfold. I would hate to have to take a break on my slow slow internet to download a big long patch.

WHERE'S THE PATCH!?
New patch maybe tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom