Beta Patch Notes e1.4.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
it seems like the ai lords need it, the battles where your fully trained armies are going up against a large amount of new recruits are very unsatisfying. I am sure that problem stems from plenty of other stuff and isn't an easy fix, but i have had battles around 1300vs1300 and the second wave of troops coming in for the enemy is half new recruits that just get run over by cavalry. I understand the hard nerf of the perk maybe being to much but ****ting on the devs isn't really gonna help your point, give them the feedback that you think is gonna make the game better.
Lords getting more passive xp is a separate issue from the player getting passive xp. The lords are getting plenty of passive xp right now, and their troops get more xp from battles than the player as well. Its the player that needs to grind for everything. Its not just training troops. Its everything in the game. The devs seem to think that if something isn't a total chore its too easy and they nerf it to oblivion. Sorry if you think my feedback is too harsh, but that's because I want to make it clear in no uncertain terms that I don't like it, and its still EA so there's a teeny tiny chance they might actually change it.

Ok 4 years into the game.. N/Emp are down to 1 town and 2 Cast.. I thought i would join them as a merc to see what was going on. They were at war against 2 factions for 2 years. then S/Emp started War against them. so it ended up 3 on 1. when i joined they were down to only 4 clans . and now its just 2...anyway having a look at the kingdom i see Lucon with -141 Influence so theres not much he can do then i looked at there Policies there were only 4 picked and could be the ones they start the game with.

Last edited:
it seems like the ai lords need it, the battles where your fully trained armies are going up against a large amount of new recruits are very unsatisfying
They need to go the **** away and level their troops and stop trying to raid and siege your stuff with their crap armies! Or you know, MAKE ****ing PEACE if they can't fight you. The whole game can degrade into perpetual slaughter of the AI with no end unless you start beheading them. I know-I know 'that's the game' but there's threshold where it's too blatantly automated and repetitive and it ruins the fun of the game.
The Devs need to stop playing with the balancing and just program them to change targets or have cool down before repeating the same thing. It a computer program, program it to JUST DO and NOT DO things.

It's just frustrating when there so so many things that need to be finished and added to the game that there's so much back and forth on the same stuff over and over.

Ok so in the last patch you just did on Tuesday, not the prices of things are way below what they were and the price of hardwood is around half of what it was before the little patch on the entire map. Also the 2X price of horses is still there. I know it is a bug just like the last time I said it was and it wasn't the stability economy thing the mod said. Please check into the economy once again, it was fine before the patch tonight, now its messed up
FYI if it is the inflation issue that the patch said it fixed, It doesn't seem right for 2 reasons, the prices have been that way since 1.0 and now they are are almost the same everywhere making trading almost impossible. And if the economy was a problem why wait 6 weeks or so to fix. I think the inflation patch fix just went a little too far is all. The economy seemed awesome, now you can get things like grain in towns that don't produce it for "around" the same cost as a town that has 2 villages supplying it. It just seemed to go a bit far is all, it may be needed and intended but just think that patch needs to be toned back is all.

Last edited:
Ok so in the last patch you just did on Tuesday, not the prices of things are way below what they were and the price of hardwood is around half of what it was before the little patch on the entire map. Also the 2X price of horses is still there. I know it is a bug just like the last time I said it was and it wasn't the stability economy thing the mod said. Please check into the economy once again, it was fine before the patch tonight, now its messed up
Can you link to where they said the horse prices are a bug? That's interesting , though it was a smart choice lol.
I still buy all the war horses in the world.

can someone actually explain how much xp raise the meek and combat tips provide
Raise the Meek: 2xp x number of troops per stack daily for <T4 troops.
Combat Tips: 1xp x number of troops per stack daily for all tiers.

So for instance, if you have 20 Imperial Recruits in your party you will get (2 x 20) = 40 xp daily from Raise the Meek.

Can you link to where they said the horse prices are a bug? That's interesting , though it was a smart choice lol.
I still buy all the war horses in the world.
never said they said it was a bug, i said that.
That happened when they patched the game about a week ago when all trade good prices went up 50%-100%.. So they patched that to go back to normal, and on that patch the prices for all horses, doubles. coincidence???
trade goods double, we patch to fix then horse prices double after patch?
It has been weird, they about a month with a really stable economy. Then in the last week or 2 it has been a nightmare with prices go all over the place. Can't get a handle on what is intended or bugged anymore.

Raise the Meek: 2xp x number of troops per stack daily for <T4 troops.
Combat Tips: 1xp x number of troops per stack daily for all tiers.

So for instance, if you have 20 Imperial Recruits in your party you will get (2 x 20) = 40 xp daily from Raise the Meek.
So as of this moment the design of those perks is working as intended - but I think every player would agree that the amount of XP per troop is too low for the perk to be meaningful.

So as of this moment the design of those perks is working as intended - but I think every player would agree that the amount of XP per troop is too low for the perk to be meaningful.
There are other things in the pipeline too. Combat Tips/Raise the Meek are just one piece of the puzzle. Should we really expect a single level 25 perk to do the brunt of the training work? That said, we can talk about whether or not the passive training options available to us are enough when they've all been properly implemented.

I don't want to sound harsh at all, trust me that is not intended here.
But they need to learn to "tweak" the game when they patch it. A simple thing to learn, when you change something that destroys what it is, it is called a nerf. When you make small "teak" to try and fix it, it is called balancing. With the new economy inflation patch, it took things to the opposite end of the spectrum, where prices in towns close by can be drastically different to now they are almost the same, example I can go to 1 town that has a village supplying it grain and brewery and get beer for 34, or I can get the next town over with no grain supply(I know caravans do it) or no brewery for 36. That makes no sense at all. And trust me I do NOT post these without trying hundreds of turns into a patch or starting a new game and seeing it that way. I try to make sure I have all many bases covered before I post these.
Just like the exp nerf they are talking about in the posts above me(I haven't done them) from 30 or 40 exp to 2 or 3 is a nerf. Make small "tweaks" or balance and see if it right, if not make another. With this new balance, my brewery that I had been using since 1.0 in the same towns went from 200-300 a day to 50-100 a day. That's 150-300 days of game time to just break even on a workshop.
As I said I am not trying to sound mean, just trying to get my point across to make small changes to so you break things that take days or weeks to fix since we are the ones that are playing to help report bugs and get things fixed, don't make it less enjoyable for us to do so.
Thank you and have fun all

never said they said it was a bug, i said that.
That happened when they patched the game about a week ago when all trade good prices went up 50%-100%.. So they patched that to go back to normal, and on that patch the prices for all horses, doubles. coincidence???
trade goods double, we patch to fix then horse prices double after patch?
It has been weird, they about a month with a really stable economy. Then in the last week or 2 it has been a nightmare with prices go all over the place. Can't get a handle on what is intended or bugged anymore.
I think it's very understandable if they wanted horses to cost more. They were so cheap that it undermined the whole idea of needing them for mounted units.
Now making a heavy Cav or HA is a big investment and it also makes using other troops attractive since they can be raised without horses.

For heavens sake give us a way of training troops other than farming looters!
Yes, please just reach into warband and pull out the trainer skill and sew it into BL. I don't care how ugly it is I need those warband skills!
If I could choose just a strait option for warband's entire level/skill system for BL I would. I'm getting tired of this nickle and dime stuff with every perk. GIVE ME REAL SURGERY and the means to quickly level it!

These patches seem to just break more than they fix. How is EA only suppose to last a year when two months in only 30% of the perks work and the AI can't even Siege

These patches seem to just break more than they fix. How is EA only suppose to last a year when two months in only 30% of the perks work and the AI can't even Siege

It won't last a year nor do I care how long it takes. The reason Bannerlord is one of its kind is the devs are gamers and they make a real game. Stop rushing them as consumers. Let them take their time to make a masterpiece. We don't need filthy publisher mentality contaminating this game.

It won't last a year nor do I care how long it takes. The reason Bannerlord is one of its kind is the devs are gamers and they make a real game. Stop rushing them as consumers. Let them take their time to make a masterpiece. We don't need filthy publisher mentality contaminating this game.
But they don´t seem to play their own game but I can understand this, I also stopped playing.

They should notice bugs like the vassal thing if they would play the game before they update it. Or then bug when creating the kingdom crashes the game and so on.

I think it's very understandable if they wanted horses to cost more. They were so cheap that it undermined the whole idea of needing them for mounted units.
Now making a heavy Cav or HA is a big investment and it also makes using other troops attractive since they can be raised without horses.
I haven't played today's hotfix, but prior to that the cost of warhorses didn't seem to be up as much as basic horses.

Mind you, I only have a firm mental benchmark of the value of Imperial Chargers when it comes to warhorses, since I avoid buying the other more expensive ones unless I'm swimming in money or desperate.

But they don´t seem to play their own game but I can understand this, I also stopped playing.

They should notice bugs like the vassal thing if they would play the game before they update it. Or then bug when creating the kingdom crashes the game and so on.

I don't know if the people responsible play enough of the game or not. I do agree with you some aspects of the game feels like they themselves have not played long enough. An example is some of the questing, like 'extortion/desertion' quest. Too much dialogue. After a few times, you had enough of the clicking of dialogues. I can't imagine why the quest designer/product owner would allow such an annoying quest to go through. The gameplay loop is super tedious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom