Beta Patch Notes e1.4.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone getting a freeze up error when trying to recruit a Lord? I have my own kingdom and try to recruit a Lord, they respond "I do not think I know you well enough to discuss that" and then I'm stuck with no options to advance

Tried thus far with lords with 13 relationship and 33. Are we unable to recruit Lords in 1.4.2?

Until the next update breaks the mod without fixing the issue :wink:
you do understand that you can stay on any release you like on steam
you can play 1.06 up to 1.42
you dont need to patch
that said ...
most of your posts are negative, if i were a mod you would be banned by now ...

Hotfix (e1.4.2 - 09/06/20)
  • Three perks (chink in the armor, show of strength and generous rations) were causing negative troop prices. This is fixed.
  • Fixed an issue that caused players to become stuck in the defection persuasion conversation.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when Needs Help with Looter quest ended.
  • Fixed an issue that caused automated kingdom decisions for player mercenaries.
  • Fixed an issue with combat tips and raise the meek perks relating to a miscalculated passive XP gain.
  • Fixed and balanced an inflation issue with item prices.

2 XP per soldier daily from Rise the Meek? This is beyond my wildest dreams. Thanks a lot.

Maybe just remove this perks and not mock players anymore? Seriously.

Hi Devs just noticed this bug tonight happened twice before I realised. If you sell items in a town and you sell more than they have money for the game crashes. If you just sell so they have some money left everything is fine.

• Fixed an issue with combat tips and raise the meek perks relating to a miscalculated passive XP gain.
I knew that when I actually liked the xp rate that you guys would nerf the crap right out of it. Your sense of game balance and rewards in this game can only be described as "stingy as an old miser".

• Three perks (chink in the armor, show of strength and generous rations) were causing negative troop prices. This is fixed.
  • Fixed an issue that caused players to become stuck in the defection persuasion conversation.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when Needs Help with Looter quest ended.
  • Fixed an issue that caused automated kingdom decisions for player mercenaries.
  • Fixed and balanced an inflation issue with item prices.
Awesome, can get back to playing again.

I knew troop XP gain felt really off, glad that's fixed too.

I knew that when I actually liked the xp rate that you guys would nerf the crap right out of it. Your sense of game balance and rewards in this game can only be described as "stingy as an old miser".
The xp rate that it was giving before gave a ridiculous advantage to the player over ai lords, if you don't enjoy it then you can easily mod it, but a majority of players were complaining about the ridiculous amount of xp it gave. Obviously my opinion but a majority of xp gained should be through battles anyway it makes more sense for immersion and balance, if anything, in the current state the player xp should be about the same and ai lords should have increased xp gain, too often lords are stuck with armies of 100 with 50 recruits. Don't bash them for balancing what the majority of people were complaining about, they are working on feedback while trying to work on tons of other systems and reactions towards change, like this, is not productive at all

The xp rate that it was giving before gave a ridiculous advantage to the player over ai lords, if you don't enjoy it then you can easily mod it, but a majority of players were complaining about the ridiculous amount of xp it gave. Obviously my opinion but a majority of xp gained should be through battles anyway it makes more sense for immersion and balance, if anything, in the current state the player xp should be about the same and ai lords should have increased xp gain, too often lords are stuck with armies of 100 with 50 recruits. Don't bash them for balancing what the majority of people were complaining about, they are working on feedback while trying to work on tons of other systems and attitudes towards change, like this isn't productive at all
The perk was broken because it was giving xp based on the troop stack's position in the party screen, so some troops were getting too much xp, including high tier troops who shouldn't have been getting any. They could've just fixed that so it worked correctly while also giving a fair amount of xp. Instead they lowered it from 30xp to 2xp per day. Its basically weaker now than it was originally when it was 30xp to just one soldier in the stack. AI lords get so much more passive xp than the player it isnt even funny.

The xp rate that it was giving before gave a ridiculous advantage to the player over ai lords, if you don't enjoy it then you can easily mod it, but a majority of players were complaining about the ridiculous amount of xp it gave. Obviously my opinion but a majority of xp gained should be through battles anyway it makes more sense for immersion and balance, if anything, in the current state the player xp should be about the same and ai lords should have increased xp gain, too often lords are stuck with armies of 100 with 50 recruits. Don't bash them for balancing what the majority of people were complaining about, they are working on feedback while trying to work on tons of other systems and reactions towards change, like this, is not productive at all
the perk should just quickly raise troops from 0 to tier 2, then act as a modifier for increased battle XP + the **** small amount of daily XP

also my SP custom battle & MP is broken with 1.4.2....

The perk was broken because it was giving xp based on the troop stack's position in the party screen, so some troops were getting too much xp, including high tier troops who shouldn't have been getting any. They could've just fixed that so it worked correctly while also giving a fair amount of xp. Instead they lowered it from 30xp to 2xp per day. Its basically weaker now than it was originally when it was 30xp to just one soldier in the stack. AI lords get so much more passive xp than the player it isnt even funny.
it seems like the ai lords need it, the battles where your fully trained armies are going up against a large amount of new recruits are very unsatisfying. I am sure that problem stems from plenty of other stuff and isn't an easy fix, but i have had battles around 1300vs1300 and the second wave of troops coming in for the enemy is half new recruits that just get run over by cavalry. I understand the hard nerf of the perk maybe being to much but ****ting on the devs isn't really gonna help your point, give them the feedback that you think is gonna make the game better.

the perk should just quickly raise troops from 0 to tier 2, then act as a modifier for increased battle XP + the **** small amount of daily XP

also my SP custom battle & MP is broken with 1.4.2....
This is a good idea for both ai and player i think it would make sense that you could pick up a ton of recruits and get them to the point they are somewhat useful and throw decent gear on them pretty quick but the upper tier soldiers should be tough to get to. That also leads into the current issue with balancing high tier troops with low tier ones and how the main difference is gear. I haven't looked into that much recently but i remember reading about some tests in the 1.2 and 1.3 versions where high tier troops would get overwhelmed by 5 looters just because the skills weren't being applied or something like that. In reality i think an elite cataphract imperial troop should be able to mow through that, then again taking on 5 dudes at once wouldn't really be easy i suppose. The main point is if high tier troops are supposed to be hard to get it should be rewarding to have them at least, in warband getting some of the top tier troops was crazy and a good mounted knight made a huge difference on a scattered battlefield

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom