Beta Patch Notes e1.4.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's something wrong with passive troop xp at the moment. A good number of my troops are becoming upgradable every day by doing nothing at all. I only have "raise the meek" perk.
I noticed this too. I also only have raise the meek but see t4 troops ready to upgrade. I wonder if we got the passive exp that AI gets but it wasn't anounced in patch notes or was an accedent. It's not super strong but it's something. Don't fix this one guys :razz:

Is it my imagination playing with me, or are there actually 'More' people in the town scenes in this beta?
Also; some kind of nobles in villages? Possibly already placed there for some nice content expansions in the near future?

On the downside: troopcounts aren't very accurate in a lot of cases...…fi battling a group of 6 looters, and getting 9 prisoners???

I noticed this too. I also only have raise the meek but see t4 troops ready to upgrade. I wonder if we got the passive exp that AI gets but it wasn't anounced in patch notes or was an accedent. It's not super strong but it's something. Don't fix this one guys :razz:
This came about in the 1.4.1 last hotfix. thats when i first saw it love it.

One thing I find, although it might be a false impression, is that as long as I have sufficient influence I can always make peace. Let's say I take two castles, but lose my army and end up capture. Make peace, and I'm in the clear. I suppose diplomacy is at an early stage yet.

One thing I find, although it might be a false impression, is that as long as I have sufficient influence I can always make peace. Let's say I take two castles, but lose my army and end up capture. Make peace, and I'm in the clear. I suppose diplomacy is at an early stage yet.
Yes i did see that in 1.4.1 as long as you have alot of influence to keep it going as the others start war on you as well. but i am sure in time the diplomacy will get alot more added to it. like making Allies with other factions to take down a large faction thats bulling and taking to much land.I think Influence should be used more in all faction things. like make peace 200 infl will give you half peace 100 days. Make allies 400 infl ..200 days this would give you better trade with your Ally.. and if you break any of these your infl your getting each day would go down as people will stop trusting you. and if you do that to many time you would end up being a rebel faction ...

Last edited:
Hello. I read that I'm not the only one with a problem. When starting a multiplayer game after the server starts me the game crashes. Returns this error: Application crashed because a fatal error occurred while reading a file. Re-validating game files may solve this issue. -File: ../..Modules/Native/AssetPackages/archhitecture_sturgia.tpac
-Error : Decompression failure
Patch 1.4.2

I posted this is the crash forum, but I am wondering if anyone else is crashing when one of their castles is sieged. This happened on my last campaign and I had to start over. Now it is happening on this campaign and I'm not gonna start over again. I cannot progress with or without mods.

I posted this is the crash forum, but I am wondering if anyone else is crashing when one of their castles is sieged. This happened on my last campaign and I had to start over. Now it is happening on this campaign and I'm not gonna start over again. I cannot progress with or without mods.

Did you try loading several saves prior?

On Camp Map.just right of the Village Epinosa next to the woods .. you can not press your mouse button to move there.. you can move though it but not on it. Its a large part. just letting you no.

The mercenary kingdom screen is still broken in 1.4.2. Even clicking on the kingdom screen as a mercenary calls a vote on every active policy plus the next one in line I think...

Also, is anyone else getting rulers with huge amounts of negative influence? Derthert in my current 1.4.2 game has -310 influence and it does not seem to affect his ability to overrule descisions.

There's something wrong with passive troop xp at the moment. A good number of my troops are becoming upgradable every day by doing nothing at all. I only have "raise the meek" perk.
Okay so it's not just me, I'm seeing the same thing.

Uh, that is how the perk is supposed to work. I believe they fixed the perk to apply a multiplier for every unit in a stack instead of a flat 30 exp per stack per day like how it used to work. The perk was bugged before and not giving enough experience. If your tier 4 units are upgrading though there is something wrong... but just check that you don't combat tips instead, it is another perk that gives a smaller amount of experience to ALL troops regardless of tier.

1.4.2 - no mods, Name change bug. There are 2 issues:

1. You can change your name, but it doesn't save. Test - Changed name from Bob to Bobby. Save. Reload. Name is Bob.

2. After it's changed, your party will still be Bob's Party (even though your name is now Bobby). Test - Change name from Bob to Bobby. Click on Party. See party name.

The mercenary kingdom screen is still broken in 1.4.2. Even clicking on the kingdom screen as a mercenary calls a vote on every active policy plus the next one in line I think...

Also, is anyone else getting rulers with huge amounts of negative influence? Derthert in my current 1.4.2 game has -310 influence and it does not seem to affect his ability to overrule descisions.

Yeah, mercenary Kingdom screen is already broken but its simple way to fix it, just become a vassal and its working fine :smile:

I have Inglather -500 just because he is constantly losing his castles and influence so on (- 50 after each siege i suppose)

I have Inglather -500 just because he is constantly losing his castles and influence so on (- 50 after each siege i suppose)

Negative influence could have sense but it seems there are some tasks that are not blocked by having less than 0 influence so AIs get more negative influence.

Negative influence should represent your disconnection to the kingdom decisions and army management. You shouldn't be able to keep accumulating negative numbers once you have reached them.

Kingdom rulers shouldn't be able to override decisions if they don't have enough influence or if they have already reached (it works this way with players), AI should play by the same rules, I think it's a bug.

Also if a lord keeps at negative influence, let's say for a month, he should defect to reset his influence to 0 with the new kingdom. Also defecting lords shouldnt be able to come back to the original kingdom in a while.

I started a new game on this patch, wanted to play Battania, usually Battania always wipes out Western Empire really quick, but now that is not the case, which is great. Now it's just Battania losing every battle vs Western Empire, which also sucks.

I'm not sure if it's the troops or something but Empire parties rarely if ever have recruits and always have huge amounts of archers which shreds battanians since they don't even have archers, lords don't have fians or if they do it's like 2/3 per party. Now since Battania lost the initial battles all their lords have a big stack of recruits in their armies and it's an endless snowball for Western Empire, so far it's just losing battles and they haven't sieged anything, even though they attempted to do so because their armies are much bigger and way higher tiers.

I'm not sure what change in this patch causes this, is it the passive XP gain or something else?

Nice that SP is being improved, but would like to see MP get some more love.
Also, would be interested about what modding tools development is currently looking like. I know that its gonna be a bit until they come out, but I think a lot of people would be happy if y'all at TaleWorlds would share with us some snippets, like what sorts of tools we can expect, and how they will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom