Beta Patch Notes e1.4.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some words on performance:

In battle performance seems to be much higher. I could run a 1000 man custom battle without problems, whereas before I could only run a battle size of 400.

However, the moment the enemies troops started to waver and begin to flee en masse, my frames dropped to about 1-2 fps until I exited the battle. Maybe there is something wrong with the morale calculation. After exiting the battle, and starting a new battle, the fps was back to normal.

In battle performance seems to be much higher. I could run a 1000 man custom battle without problems, whereas before I could only run a battle size of 400.

However, the moment the enemies troops started to waver and begin to flee en masse, my frames dropped to about 1-2 fps until I exited the battle. Maybe there is something wrong with the morale calculation. After exiting the battle, and starting a new battle, the fps was back to normal.
It could be that your CPU is not strong enough to run a 1000 man battle, not the GPU whereas this patch has improvements on. It's my wild guess, because the CPU is the component responsible for running the AI.

It could be that your CPU is not strong enough to run a 1000 man battle, not the GPU whereas this patch has improvements on. It's my wild guess, because the CPU is the component responsible for running the AI.

The fps dying when the enemy starts to flee and run from you has been happening for months, it's one of those problems that they fixed for a while in a patch... and then the problem came back. It clearly needs fixing again.

The fps dying when the enemy starts to flee and run from you has been happening for months, it's one of those problems that they fixed for a while in a patch... and then the problem came back. It clearly needs fixing again.
Oh my bad, I didn't know that was a bug, never experienced that before in my playthrough.

• Ash throwing spears now despawn once you hit a target, terrible annoying
  • Attacks still have a MASSIVE delay. Either it's the block or releasing a swing. Some swings are nothing but (sucessfull) suicide attempts
  • Horses still acting like medieval trucks, mowing you down (Stun time and damage are (still) outrageous)
  • Pikes still suck
  • Menavlion also not touched at all. Why? Just lower the damage about 20-40 dmg.
  • Spawnpoints in TDM are still a mess
  • Overhead swings are still a pain in the ass, hitting through people but not doing any damage.

I'm grateful for your effort and updates but the lack of love for MP is frustrating in any way.

Last edited:
Hello everyone! Came across a bug with custom battles. If you have no map selected and you press start it results in game crash. It took me a while to realize that, because on previous versions I'm pretty sure the first map was auto-selected. I think you shouldn't be able to press start with no map selected, or maybe revert back to auto-selecting the first map. I know it's a minor problem but I thought I should mention it.

Last edited:

Same for me, and my computer specs are way above recommended levels (I also never play huge battles, I usually stick to 700-800).

what noble weapons were introduced, anyone found any?

Thank you so much for the hard work to get 1.4.1 out. I've been waited for the so long much appriciate changes in it. This is a great patch. Best one so far. I will enjoy starting a new playtrough now.

Last edited:
I have 6GB of download, for version 1.4.2, this is the most big patch that I had to download, however I have the impression that there is less thing than for 1.4.1 . Anyway, nice job to all the hard working TW team, don't listen to the complainers who cry for everything and nothing thinking that everything was due to them.

My mid-tier laptop has gained a good performance boost since 1.4.2. I can actually run 30-50 FPS on the medium performance setting.
Thank you.

Not critsizing, just interesting - why are the patches so huge in size? Like, I've read in the patchnotes that a few more weapons were implemented, but aside that there is only one quest and a lot of tweaks.

Long time running bug: disbanding an army made with companion clan parties when having a negative influence value (after losing a castle, for example) makes the game freeze but not crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom