Beta Patch Notes e1.4.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They still claim it will be in EA for "around a year" you believe this?
You don't want to understand that's the problem here. You will only calm down when we say what you want to hear. I wish you would have enjoyed the game but it is not the case here is not it? This attitude won't help anyone. I hope you can understand that.

They still claim it will be in EA for "around a year" you believe this?

I use my brain for more things than just thinking of negative posts to get my own way and avoiding all responsibility for my own actions.

I think the game will be in early access as long as it takes to finish it. I also think that game development is notoriously slow and incredibly difficult. In addition, the majority of the best games I've played took their time in alpha/beta, ignoring the constant stream of complaints from the entitled cry babies. Covid changed the playing field making the entire world less efficient and slower.

I bought early access knowing that TW arent going to rush a dogshi+ product to market like EA does, regardless of how loud the 16 year old crowd cries.

1 year is a guess. I knew that the first time I heard it. Covid extended that time significantly.

Do you always blame someone else when you make a decision that you arent happy with?

Last edited:
You don't want to understand that's the problem here. You will only calm down when we say what you want to hear. I wish you would have enjoyed the game but it is not the case here is not it? This attitude won't help anyone. I hope you can understand that.
While I agree with you, you probably shouldn't have said that. They might get ever more angry.

So please elaborate on what attitude will help. I for myself am getting impatient and disappointed due to the lack of transparency. I wish a clearer communication and an honest disclosure of the problems which led to the need of a refactoring as well as the serious lack of content.

It wasn't a scam. It was advertised and sold as "early access" and "in development". There wasn't one thing TW did to scam anyone into believing the game was finished.
Sorry, but I disagree. Yes I paid for EA, I can live with that. We 'wasting' money here and there. Fair enough, I will wait for whatever future will bring. Taleworlds tricked us in a way that you probably forgot. After years of no information they gave us Dev Blogs. Time passed and they were at gamescom and e3 showing game to just a few. Next thing they annnounced Early Access but I think they forgot to mention that 90% of they already showed in blogs or anywhere else is NOT in the game and possibly never will be. The thing is when many spent time playing EA and realize how empty it is and there is hardly told content to be found it was too late to get refund for those who wanted it.

PS. I also have a ship bought in SC which might never come to be a game, but amount of information they give to players is what many would like to get from TW. It could be the biggest scam game ever invented but there is huge list what is included already before you buy.

It's Taleworlds. I believe it. I bought the original M&B in 2006 in early access and it wasn't released at 1.0 until 2009. I still had lots of fun with it. Bannerlord will probably be in EA for a full year, so what?

I think what he was trying to say was that the "one year" time frame is unrealistic and should be more like 2-3 years. If TW updated their steam page to reflect the 2-3 year time line, then some people would not have bought the game at this point in time, they would wait until it is closer to release.

Sorry, but I disagree. Yes I paid for EA, I can live with that. We 'wasting' money here and there. Fair enough, I will wait for whatever future will bring. Taleworlds tricked us in a way that you probably forgot. After years of no information they gave us Dev Blogs. Time passed and they were at gamescom and e3 showing game to just a few. Next thing they annnounced Early Access but I think they forgot to mention that 90% of they already showed in blogs or anywhere else is NOT in the game and possibly never will be. The thing is when many spent time playing EA and realize how empty it is and there is hardly told content to be found it was too late to get refund for those who wanted it.

PS. I also have a ship bought in SC which might never come to be a game, but amount of information they give to players is what many would like to get from TW. It could be the biggest scam game ever invented but there is huge list what is included already before you buy.

Who's fault is that? It's your fault to assume dev blog plans for the finished game were going to be in alpha/beta. They'll add them when they're ready. They never said that their dev blog plans were in early access. They said that they would be in the finished game.

I've got 5000 dollars worth of Star Citizen ships. I gave CIG that much money because Cig is pushing the envelope of gaming forward and I'm perfectly happy supporting them while they take their time to do things right. Chris Roberts is a perfectionist and it shows in his finished product. That's why I'll keep supporting him until he thinks it's done.

No one tricked you. You bought it. If you dont have the patience to support TW, come back when the game is finished.

Constantly complaining doesnt help anything.

Just a few days ago I spent over 100 dollars on application fees for a rental home that was denied on the sole reason that they liked someone else's better, yet you don't see me camping in front of the realtor's office telling them that they scammed me. And that's because when I applied I was very well aware that I could lose the money. Just like you were aware that you were paying for a game that may or may not be finished (and if you were not, you should have been. Lesson learned for your next EA purchase eh?).

For crying out loud, stop with the nonsense whining already. Provide specific comments on bugs or what you want to be fixed, otherwise if all you have to contribute is "this game sucks" or "you scammed me" just shut up and move on. Please and thank you.

I think what he was trying to say was that the "one year" time frame is unrealistic and should be more like 2-3 years. If TW updated their steam page to reflect the 2-3 year time line, then some people would not have bought the game at this point in time, they would wait until it is closer to release.
Well, no one knows that for sure but I guess it's possible it could be more than two years. As far as I'm concerned the game is playable now and the few real issues a can mostly be fixed with existing mods, although I haven't even bothered with that. Except for a few very annoying gaps like working perks, it's quite functional. Skyrim had more bugs at full release IIRC and had to be modded heavily at the start. This is more perception than reality IMHO. Communication has been a bit of a problem possibly but certainly not worse than Bethesda's.

Was away from gaming PC for lil over a week- just curious whats the latest word from devs or anybody with any know how on progress/plans?
Nothing to speak of in the last week, really. The refactoring has produced lots of bugs and it looks like it may a week or more until either a patch or a better explanation.

Nothing to speak of in the last week, really. The refactoring has produced lots of bugs and it looks like it may a week or more until either a patch or a better explanation.
Ahh bummer -was hoping for a chance for solid campaign restart -oh well. Hopefully they are crafting something special or at least worthwhile. Thanks.

On the steam page you can read :

"we expect that the game will be in early access for around a year "

"Throughout the course of the early access period we intend to introduce the missing supporting features, such as, rebellions, kingdom creation and weapon crafting, while expanding and enhancing many of the existing features that are outlined below. "

Given the time already spent and the content published I am worried that TW will scrap content that was originally planned, that the game will get out of early access and that TW will call it a day.
This might be what trouble other people, I personnaly think that there is a set number of days until the EA ends, after this, developpement will end (except maybe paid DLC and minor hotfixes)
So when there is long period without patches when the dev's are in a struggle, I just feel more content slipping away from what the game could have been in a year or so.

I wish I'm wrong, I did not play previous mount and blade games, I just discovered TW, I heard from this forum amid the complaints that TW will likely keep working on Bannerlord after release to improve the game, and I can only wish for this to be truth, but since I don't know them I also think it's rationnal to doubt than blindy trust, this is where communication is really helpful.

I just want "you" to be honest to future customers. I enjoyed the game until I noticed all the bugs/missing stuff. The game is good in the first 10-20 hours.

Future buyers will read the description and be like "Wow nice, released in march, around a year so close to be finished". And we all know it won´t be finished until 2022 and even then we need mods.

A bit more developer talk would be good.

Yea. I honestly wouldn't be half as pissed if they tell us right away "these are our problems right now, it will take a week longer, if delayed again, we will update you next week". I mean in which way is it better to just say nothing? It looks like the devs just don't care, that is way worse than giving false forecasts for patch release dates and delaying them afterwards in my opinion.

They told us, they a refactoring the code, need "some" time, no new features. But there won´t be any new feature even after that, they calll it "complete". Bug fixes will be all we get, if we get them.

EDIT: They will make a big claim when/if they add baners, which modders added 1 week after release. Mark my words.

But there won´t be any new feature even after that, they calll it "complete"
I doubt that it'll come to this, but the fact that it will take much more time to complete the game and devs almost always keep hush-hush about what is happening and what are they dealing with exactly and also lack of a substantial new content is a bit irritating.

Maybe make a new beta branch and let us help you guys find some bugs. I love to find those sneaky Bastards ?
They talked about creating an alpha branch that would pretty much do just that. Can't say for sure if that's still part of their plans.
The alpha branch will include content that is untested. It is intended for players, modders and explorers that wish to be as close to development as possible - even at the cost of stability. Our goal is to update it daily with our latest development branch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom