Beta Patch Notes e1.4.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, from today Diplomacy Fixes is adding the ability to usurp the throne of a kingdom. You can now kick Ragavand out from Sturgia's throne etc and after exactly 733 hours there is finally a new purpose. Something bigger than more autosaves

Masters from Turkey, better thanks modders for doing your job

PLEASE find a way to stop entire groups of infantry turning their backs to the entire enemy army to chase after one horse archer or a couple of cavalrymen. It's the most frustrating and immersion breaking thing that happens in battles, maybe in the game.
This is a fairly interesting problem to try and solve. As humans we have an instinctive sense of threat assessment which allows us to see the current behaviour and say "that's stupid", but it is pretty complex to actually define the rules of an AI's decision making to ensure the facing decisions it makes aren't stupid.

In the meantime, you can always manually control the facing of your troops via the in-combat commands instead. But that will probably take enough cognitive load to prevent you doing any personal weapon swinging or blocking.

I am becoming to believe that they are refactoring the whole project ?

If that means making the game performance better (making it closer to the actual system requirements stated on the Steam page, and if it actually makes the game playable on 8GB RAM) then I would gladly (but still grudgingly) take a refactor of the whole project.

They're in an Islamic country. Excellent chance they may release on Thursday. Unlikely they're going to release Friday. The work week is usually going to be Sunday-Thursday for normal businesses.
If the devs are saying "soon" I'm sure they'll at least implement their code tweaks in the next week. Hopefully that means more regular content updates for the rest of the month!
I don't care if the devs finish this or if it's completed by mods. It has a fun combat engine and a good premise. Only game I can be bothered to play.
Wouldn't expect much to happen at the end of the month through first week of August though, they'll have Eid...Or whatever it's called there.

Friday is just like a normal day in Turkey. Some religious people may go to mosques during the afternoon break but that's it. There is no official holiday or something.

Plus they're working from home and all collective prayers are forbidden during the pandemic. Mosques are closed.

Guys, relax. Just wait 8 more years, we can handle it.

Remember its because of EA, Turkish culture, code refactoring, Covid19 and 5G. You need to wait, pay and clap Your hands! :wink:

Holy crap, 1.25 months since a patch... things must be really bad at this studio.
i already gave 7DTD as an example , they patch every year
Dwarf fortress planed to take the long pause to implement magic , that would last for 2 years or so
yes they are small but time is time and not many ppl complained about a 2 year wait, in fact i cant remember anyone

i cannot understand this urge to have it NOW, maybe i am to old

i already gave 7DTD as an example , they patch every year
Dwarf fortress planed to take the long pause to implement magic , that would last for 2 years or so
yes they are small but time is time and not many ppl complained about a 2 year wait, in fact i cant remember anyone

i cannot understand this urge to have it NOW, maybe i am to old
CA Patch total war every 6 months, Firaxis only drop major patches with new DLC content.

I will forever wonder where people get their standards from - because it's not from other games...

CA Patch total war every 6 months, Firaxis only drop major patches with new DLC content.
You are talking about published (not early access) games. And please tell us... why are you anyway trying to justify the poor behaviour of one developer with the poor behaviour of another? CA have been rightly highly criticised for their patching strategy and it's not acceptable on the part of any publisher to not release timely patches if a game is in a poor state... especially one in a state as fundamentally bad as Bannerlord that is relying on an enthusiastic userbase to keep it running through early access.

if we can agree that released games are generally more bugfree and "working as intended" as EA games
it highlights the fact that it takes time to work on code and it is easier for released games

You are talking about published (not early access) games. And please tell us... why are you anyway trying to justify the poor behaviour of one developer with the poor behaviour of another?

Yea, this doesn´t make ANY sense. TW is bad but X is even worse! Does this help us who wants to play Bannerlord?

I also could also say but X and Y and Z are better than TW, would it help? Nope.

BTW, most EA release are better than Bannerlord, espescially if you think about the pricing....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom