Beta Patch Notes e1.4.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
the battles where your fully trained armies are going up against a large amount of new recruits are very unsatisfying

Speak for yourself, these are the battles I actually enjoy, I play on easiest to fulfill my power fantasies and escape reality which is one big horrifying dragging challenge already, I don't want my escapism to challenge me but to make me feel good about myself for a few hours so I don't feel like life is just one big downhill slide of monotony and longing for something better, especially when I hit 40 next month. My gut is turning into a balloon since the past few weeks, my hair and beard are turning grey and I'm balding, the wrinkles are showing, the money I imagined I'd have by this time when I was a teenager I never accumulated. All I have achieved of what I wanted was a wife, kid and dog I failed at everything else. So it would be nice if my escapism doesn't challenge me to make me feel even more of a failure....

140 ingame days to train a recruit to be able to hold shield in left hand. This is an insult against common sense.

The perk was broken because it was giving xp based on the troop stack's position in the party screen, so some troops were getting too much xp, including high tier troops who shouldn't have been getting any. They could've just fixed that so it worked correctly while also giving a fair amount of xp. Instead they lowered it from 30xp to 2xp per day. Its basically weaker now than it was originally when it was 30xp to just one soldier in the stack. AI lords get so much more passive xp than the player it isnt even funny.

If you have tier-1 soldier group consist of 10 men you were getting 30xp in old calculation. Now you get 2xp per soldier means that in total you get 20xp for your tier-1 group. So xp gains did not changed much for tier-1 groups. If you have 20 men in one group you get 40xp for that group which is more than previous implementation. Any one perk does not supposed to train your troops by itself only. We have hundreds of perks and any of them cannot be so powerfull. You will also go into battles time to time if you have this perk probably about 15% xp gains will applied by this perk to your 1-2-3 tier soldiers and 85% will gained by battles. We cannot make effect of one perk equal to battle rewards.

These perks are only side effect. We will add more. If you collect several of them you can upgrade your soldiers easily without battles.

Last edited:
If you have tier-1 soldier group consist of 10 men you were getting 30xp in old calculation. Now you get 2xp per soldier means that in total you get 20xp for your tier-1 group. So xp gains did not changed much for tier-1 groups. If you have 20 men you get 40xp more than previous implementation. Any one perk does not supposed to train your troops by itself only. We have hundreds of perks and any of them cannot be so powerfull. You will also go into battles time to time if you have this perk probably about 15% xp gains will applied by this perk to your 1-2-3 tier soldiers and 85% will gained by battles. We cannot make effect of one perk equal to battle rewards.

These perks are only side effect. We will add more. If you collect several of them you can upgrade your soldiers easily without battles.
thanks for clearing that up

140 ingame days to train a recruit to be able to hold shield in left hand. This is an insult against common sense.

Inbreeding and malnourishment. I mean...just LOOK at them. Most of the npcs are dead ugly and have mismatched faces. You should be glad they know where the pointy end goes :smile:

All of you asking for far more passive xp, hope TW doesn't listen to you... I don't like to face enemy amies with 1000+ T6 troops from mid game...

All of you asking for far more passive xp, hope TW doesn't listen to you... I don't like to face enemy amies with 1000+ T6 troops from mid game...

You will, because lords not affected by this perks. They have separate, much more powerful mechanics.
If you have tier-1 soldier group consist of 10 men you were getting 30xp in old calculation. Now you get 2xp per soldier means that in total you get 20xp for your tier-1 group. So xp gains did not changed much for tier-1 groups. If you have 20 men in one group you get 40xp for that group which is more than previous implementation. Any one perk does not supposed to train your troops by itself only. We have hundreds of perks and any of them cannot be so powerfull. You will also go into battles time to time if you have this perk probably about 15% xp gains will applied by this perk to your 1-2-3 tier soldiers and 85% will gained by battles. We cannot make effect of one perk equal to battle rewards.

You can remove this perks as well, because they do nothing. It gives less than 1% of exp needed to level up recruit per day, on small stacks it's even worse than before. Put something useful there instead and be done with this pathetic "passive training" thing what you don't want to have in game.

Many many players already see this game as unplayable without MOD's and you make this worse and worse.

Actually there is site called https://www.bannerlordperks.com, You Can easily check which perks are already implemented

Anyway, guy who runs that site, claimed that somehow, the XP bonuses are getting multiplied by the position of the unit in the party.

For example, if You have some Imperial Archers in the fifth slot of party, and You have the Raise the Meek perk, they will gain 30 * 5 = 150 experience per day. If You have them in the tenth slot in party, they will instead gain 30 * 10 = 300 experience per day.

didnt check yet but huge thing for me

Speak for yourself, these are the battles I actually enjoy, I play on easiest to fulfill my power fantasies and escape reality which is one big horrifying dragging challenge already, I don't want my escapism to challenge me but to make me feel good about myself for a few hours so I don't feel like life is just one big downhill slide of monotony and longing for something better, especially when I hit 40 next month. My gut is turning into a balloon since the past few weeks, my hair and beard are turning grey and I'm balding, the wrinkles are showing, the money I imagined I'd have by this time when I was a teenager I never accumulated. All I have achieved of what I wanted was a wife, kid and dog I failed at everything else. So it would be nice if my escapism doesn't challenge me to make me feel even more of a failure....
Everyone has their own way of getting immersed and I never said you shouldnt be able to play like that, that is the point of the easy difficulty options in the first place is it not? On easy you can have 100 of the same top tier troops on both sides and just run over the opposing army losing very little, if any men. Shouldn't the game should be balanced around the whole idea that if you are on realistic difficulty and you just have two of the same army, bash heads with no tactics the casualties are similar, obviously there is a snowball effect in a fight like that and at a certain tipping point one army will route and get demolished. That isn't possible if the armies you fight never have troops remotely equivalent. The type of gameplay you want is entirely possible regardless of the type of troops the enemy has because of the massive advantage you get with everything on easy you'll get your same playstyle against basically just cooler looking armies, if you want to play like that go for it, but balance wise me playing on realistic i get very little joy out of it and the battles just become repetitive one sided fights where the enemy general is easily outmaneuvered and i have to use mods to increase difficulty even more. If balance is done correctly both playstyles can be done simply by changing difficulty settings, that's the point of them

Lords getting more passive xp is a separate issue from the player getting passive xp. The lords are getting plenty of passive xp right now, and their troops get more xp from battles than the player as well. Its the player that needs to grind for everything. Its not just training troops. Its everything in the game. The devs seem to think that if something isn't a total chore its too easy and they nerf it to oblivion. Sorry if you think my feedback is too harsh, but that's because I want to make it clear in no uncertain terms that I don't like it, and its still EA so there's a teeny tiny chance they might actually change it.
I am sure they will constantly be adjusting it, that's the whole point of the forums and the communication they are establishing on them. I have had a much different experience then you but I do typically play heavily modded, don't think I have any mods that increase troop xp but it's been very quick to get a full high tier army since they released. I don't really do any simulated battles which probably makes a large difference. I do very much miss the training skill in warband, but it felt a little weird to me that i would end up with so many troops who are the best of the best when they barely saw an ounce of combat in the late game, spose that's just opinion on how realistic you want it to be and its not like i have a wealth of historical knowledge to back up whether or not that is considered realistic. That's why I really enjoy the idea of passive xp for the first two tiers and a smaller amount for the higher ones so that they have to actually experience combat to become the best of the best soldiers. If you have trouble with xp using a mod that increases bandit party sizes means you can fight large forces of them and especially on stuff like looters you can really level up archers and cavalry, only simple fix i can think of

You guys are obviously experienced game developers if you can create a game this complex. Then why does it seem like you forgot the basics of game design? The player needs to at least FEEL he's making meaningful choices as he progresses through the game. If the perks are 'only side effect', you may as well remove them completely, it would save much frustration to many players (btw, having most of them not working at all at the moment is unjustifiable, especially since there are already mods out there that make them work). Character leveling and acquiring new skills/attributes/traits is one of the core components of making the player feel he's accomplishing something as he plays. I like your character development system in almost all respects. Don't trivialize it, it makes no sense and has no good outcome if you do that.
Also, it's true there are hundreds of perks IN THE GAME, but you forgot that due to exponential ramping up of difficulty in achieving higher levels, one character cannot acquire even close to all of them at once. We already need to make choices as to which skills we will focus on (which is good, see above), but then our choices need to feel justified when we reach higher levels of those skills. Otherwise, the whole system becomes almost pointless.
As for these two concrete perks, when you get to the middle/late stage of the game where there is constant battling, you inevitably often lose part of your troops. To then be forced to stop the warring and go recruit new troops, then hunt down looters for a period of time in order to level up your new recruits is just a chore and unwelcome distraction at this point of the playthrough. Going from facing armies of trained soldiers to fighting looters again is going backwards. An alternative of training your recruits in 'real' army battles is not an (good) option, for various reasons. So maybe buff the effects of these perks, but move them further along the progression to coincide better with this stage of the game?
Lastly, a suggestion: take a look at the most popular mods and take notes of what players are most bothered by in your design, then act accordingly. Remember, you are not creating an art piece, but a consumable product. As many people as possible need to enjoy consuming your product.

There are other things in the pipeline too. Combat Tips/Raise the Meek are just one piece of the puzzle. Should we really expect a single level 25 perk to do the brunt of the training work? That said, we can talk about whether or not the passive training options available to us are enough when they've all been properly implemented.
People complaining about how small the current effect of Combat Tips/Raise the Meek is (as I did) should read the links @Bannerman Man provided.

I still think that 1xp/2xp per day per troop is too low to be meaningful, even for a low level perk. It is very rare for me to have a stack of 15 or more of the same troop type, and that is the break even point compared to the 15xp/30xp per stack that it gave up until recently (which also felt underwhelming).

But in the context of the raft of planned perks that will effect passive xp gain (alluded to in the links), people should not be as concerned as they are about the concept of passive XP being neglected. It is on the agenda, and it will soon be more powerful than it is today.

Anyone has his income from workshops/caravan shrinked after last hotfix? I have 4 workshops which make a total of 300+ denars per day all of them together!!! my caravan make something like 30-50 if any.Workshops are in towns which arent besieged or being besieged recently and caravan is runned by spiceventor.I cant pay an army of 125 now and losing daily about 1k.

Anyone has his income from workshops/caravan shrinked after last hotfix? I have 4 workshops which make a total of 300+ denars per day all of them together!!! my caravan make something like 30-50 if any.Workshops are in towns which arent besieged or being besieged recently and caravan is runned by spiceventor.I cant pay an army of 125 now and losing daily about 1k.
I have noticed the same. I had four workshops all making 300+ denars per day each prior to the last hotfix. Now as you stated they make around 300 combined. I have not noticed my caravan as it was attacked and captured and haven't started a new one. I will check that today as well.

You know at this point the only income is from battles which leads unavoidable to some loses and the nerf to passive xp for troops and no other way to train them (looters expect that they're not fun its time consuming which means more days without income) i believe they managed finally to make me stop playing lol gg

I’vs checked minute ago, still 5 tanneries, still +\- 350 income from each. Beta 1.4.2, only few mods like bannerpeasant, sound the alarm etc which are pretty safe

I’vs checked minute ago, still 5 tanneries, still +\- 350 income from each. Beta 1.4.2, only few mods like bannerpeasant, sound the alarm etc which are pretty safe
Leave it 1-2 weeks and you'll see,when i played after latest hotfix was the same for me too then boom all economy collapsed

I helped a group of villagers from looters, they were 4 vs 15, but when joining the battle all the wounded from the peasants group were fighting (11 instead of 4) anyone noticed wounded fighting while they shouldn't ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom