Beta Patch Notes e1.4.1

Users who are viewing this thread

Fixed an issue with the final perk of the 1-handed and 2-handed skills.
and how exactly is it fixed? my character uses weapons in slow mo.
I can hardly kill now at least 10 units with a single-handed weapon, if I had used melee weapons in my life like now my character, I would not even have killed a standing elderly blind donkey
UPD:
perk on 250 LVL works now?

Last edited:
Now all the 170+ unit formations are broken. Line, Shield wall is like "loose" and "Skein" is kinda like a Moshpit.

I have just opted out of the beta branch and have now restarted with the opt out version, (1.4.0), and can now use the mods I like, (Community patch, Diplomacy fix, and Enhanced Garrisons). I can now also experiment with relative safety other mods as I am also using the launcher mod.
The reason I opted out was firstly the community mod becoming incompatible, (the other mods I use were quickly updated), and I missed it, but also the fact that to me updates seemed to combine elements of moving forwards, but also backwards, making the beta release version becoming less playable for me, (over 650 hours :shock:).

I have started a kingdom with a new hotfix and ran into unpredicted obstacles.

If I take a castle or town, I am automatically awarded this fief but it is "against the majority of votes" - which of course is absurd as my clan is the only one in the kingdom so far and I receive huge influence penalty -> so i am in negative influence-> so I cannot declare peace as the dialog to "buy" peace doesn't work anymore and the peace must be declared via kingdom interface (cost of 100 influence)

@Duh_TaleWorlds

I am in a Kingdom by myself and just proposed peace with another kingdom. I had 103 influence but went down to -97 so it cost me 200 influence to get peace.

It said that it passed despite majority support against the decision for peace.

Is the above hotfix patch from 30/05/20 the reason I was charged 200 influence and went into the negatives? Instead of just 100 influence as expected?

If I take a castle or town, I am automatically awarded this fief but it is "against the majority of votes" - which of course is absurd as my clan is the only one in the kingdom so far and I receive huge influence penalty -> so i am in negative influence-> so I cannot declare peace as the dialog to "buy" peace doesn't work anymore and the peace must be declared via kingdom interface (cost of 100 influence)

As far as I have ever seen (this is not new) the kingdom features doesn't work with logic when there are no vassals in the kingdom. You can autoapprove all the policies, declare wars and assign fiefs with 100 influence penalty always. Maybe it is an intended penalty as you don't have a strong council of nobles but I think it need some tweaks, you should now that actions like that will cost that influence before taking them as if you have negative influence you can not form armies, even if your armies cost 0 influence.

I also don't like the positibiliy to access to every policy without restriction (only the influence cost) I think the number of active policies should be related to the size of the kingdom (fiefs or vassals). I am sure that being capable of activating every policies after you have won a few battles to get influence is against the spirit of the mechanic.

So, it's not yet ready.

Please report this "bug" in the technical forum, they will look into it, providing them with extra info like what mods you use, etc would be helpful

Granary gives you the 700 capacity, it can't exceed that. the +20 is the daily production after consumption. meaning you have food surplus allowing for more garrison to be stationed there without starvation. castles typically have smaller storage i think caps at 400 with lvl 3 granary.
Thanks. I thought so. but as this side of town food has not worked before i just wanted to make sure thats the way it is. ?

I have just opted out of the beta branch and have now restarted with the opt out version, (1.4.0), and can now use the mods I like, (Community patch, Diplomacy fix, and Enhanced Garrisons). I can now also experiment with relative safety other mods as I am also using the launcher mod.
The reason I opted out was firstly the community mod becoming incompatible, (the other mods I use were quickly updated), and I missed it, but also the fact that to me updates seemed to combine elements of moving forwards, but also backwards, making the beta release version becoming less playable for me, (over 650 hours :shock:).

People gets into the Early Access for varied reasons. The Early Access is a way to let the fans see the state of the game and be live testers offering valuable feedback.

Some people bought the EA to play the game as they were anxious and I think all of them have got a fair amount of fun hours from that until they discover (obviously) the game is not finished.

Some other people only wants to have fun and not participate in the game development, it is fair if you are more comfortable in a previous version (because being out of the beta branch is not enough to ensure mod compatibility), it is your time and nobody should tell you how to spend it, do what you want.

Also luckily there's other people trying to have fun while giving valuable feedback and tests the changes mainly made because of previous feedback, so yes, this EA process is worth to make the game better and help TaleWorlds to finish it as soon as possible. It is not fair to say the new versions are better or worse or goes forward or backwards, everyday the game goes forward because some unbalances, crashes, errors are needed to get the game done. The effort TW is making to give us the best experience possible is awesome even patching on weekends.

Personally when I find changes or fixes less enjoyable I give constructive feedback as I want this game to be released as soon as possible and as fan as possible. And even I see great mods out there, my goal is not to play an incomplete experience roughly fixed by some modders without full balance and long term fun in their minds, I prefer to help the game to be complete and once it has happened I'll look for the best mods If I want to enrich the experience as there are indeed one of the greatest modder communities in this game.

I have been testing this last patch and the late game is much more enjoyable, I'm looking forward to seeing more advancements!

People gets into the Early Access for varied reasons. The Early Access is a way to let the fans see the state of the game and be live testers offering valuable feedback.

Some people bought the EA to play the game as they were anxious and I think all of them have got a fair amount of fun hours from that until they discover (obviously) the game is not finished.

Some other people only wants to have fun and not participate in the game development, it is fair if you are more comfortable in a previous version (because being out of the beta branch is not enough to ensure mod compatibility), it is your time and nobody should tell you how to spend it, do what you want.

Also luckily there's other people trying to have fun while giving valuable feedback and tests the changes mainly made because of previous feedback, so yes, this EA process is worth to make the game better and help TaleWorlds to finish it as soon as possible. It is not fair to say the new versions are better or worse or goes forward or backwards, everyday the game goes forward because some unbalances, crashes, errors are needed to get the game done. The effort TW is making to give us the best experience possible is awesome even patching on weekends.

Personally when I find changes or fixes less enjoyable I give constructive feedback as I want this game to be released as soon as possible and as fan as possible. And even I see great mods out there, my goal is not to play an incomplete experience roughly fixed by some modders without full balance and long term fun in their minds, I prefer to help the game to be complete and once it has happened I'll look for the best mods If I want to enrich the experience as there are indeed one of the greatest modder communities in this game.

I have been testing this last patch and the late game is much more enjoyable, I'm looking forward to seeing more advancements!
Well said. and everyone to there own...I cant wait to add mods to the game but will wait until the game is ready. i play the bata and have also seen that late game is 100% better...But even with all the ups and downs with bata i am still having fun with the game..it gets to me some times but then i give myself a slap its bata .. then i keep going.

Where the **** is the patch? We're now three weeks behind.

Three weeks.
Behind.

This is going from "we had some issues" to simple neglect. I'm starting to think that because you already got paid, you have little initiative left.

We expected a patch, but that week was skipped because of a 4 day weekend being a risk to game stability. Okay, fine.

So the week after, we expected a patch... And there was some glitches that needed to be fixed. Okay, we now need to wait some more.

Now - a full week later - and what is the holdup this time? Where is the patch?

Three weeks.
Behind.

This is going from "we had some issues" to simple neglect. I'm starting to think that because you already got paid, you have little initiative left.

We expected a patch, but that week was skipped because of a 4 day weekend being a risk to game stability. Okay, fine.

So the week after, we expected a patch... And there was some glitches that needed to be fixed. Okay, we now need to wait some more.

We've got a hotfix everyday since last week, you can be frustrated but "neglect" isn't what's happening here

I have made a fast run after last hotfix (just 100 days) and yes Western Empire is doing ok because they just are at war against Battania.

Aserai and SE made peace at day 1 as usual but they just did not declare war to anyone again.

Not new wars/peaces have been declared.

Concerning balancing, NE is "slowly" losing against Khuzaits and Sturgia is getting wrecked by Vlandia as usual.

EDIT: day 103 - Khuzait and NE has just made peace. Day 105 - Khuzait declares war against the poor Sturgia :razz:.

Three weeks.
Behind.

Why do you want a new patch when 1.4.1 is not ready yet to go live with what we have...

Three weeks.
Behind.

Why would you possibly want a patch just to have a patch? The team is clearly working to release a stable build. You can make the case that maybe they need to change their testing approach internally given the rate of regression defects hitting the beta builds but the absolute worst thing they could do is push a production build just to do it. You can't get 9 women to make a baby in a month; software problems like these aren't often easily solved by throwing more resources at them or just saying "work harder."

They've done that a bit in their last update but given the continued community feedback I think it's an important step to keep relations strong.

Last edited:
I have made a fast run after last hotfix (just 100 days) and yes Western Empire is doing ok because they just are at war against Battania.

Aserai and SE made peace at day 1 as usual but they just did not declare war to anyone again.

Not new wars/peaces have been declared.

Concerning balancing, NE is "slowly" losing against Khuzaits and Sturgia is getting wrecked by Vlandia as usual.

EDIT: day 103 - Khuzait and NE has just made peace. Day 105 - Khuzait declares war against the poor Sturgia :razz:.

Day 139 - NE declares war against Khuzaits.
Day 150 - SE declares war against Sturgia too...
Day 151 - Vlandia and Sturgia made peace.
Day 158 - NE declares war against SE.
Day 160 - Aserai declares war against SE.
Day 172 - Vlandia declares war against Sturgia and Khuzait and Sturgia makes peace.
Day 174 - WE declares war against NE.
Day 180 - Aserai war against WE.

My thoughts after 200 days run:

*Diplomacy

- Peace/War declarations system is in a better state than before.
- Please fix the snowballing effect when a faction is weak because It is losing a war, and then everyone declares war on this kingdom.
- The Aserai and NE peace in first day is still a problem IMO.

* Balancing:

- Khuzaits and Vlandia are still insanely OP in campaign.

War/Peace declare seems stable in my 150 day run. But this save was created in previous hotfix. Once a nation gets wiped out, the snowballing slows down at least in my experience.
This is probably due to the longer distance a stronger nation needs to cover.

Why would you possibly want a patch just to have a patch? The team is clearly working to release a stable build. You can make the case that maybe they need to change their testing approach internally given the rate of regression defects hitting the beta builds but the absolute worst thing they could do is push a production build just to do it. You can't get 9 women to make a baby in a month; software problems like these aren't often easily solved by throwing more resources at them or just saying "work harder."
Not only this, but hastily pushing out patches will likely result in more regressions, not less. Taking the time to properly test software will ensure that whenever patches are released, the number of regressions will be minimal. I might just be reiterating what you posted, but it is important for people to understand.

Back
Top Bottom