Beta Patch Notes e1.4.1

Users who are viewing this thread

This is great, could you also please confirm that the Weapon Skills bug is being looked at and will be hotfixed soon or in the next beta branch? It may not be very impactful in the general scale but it is a game breaking glitch with the AI simply being on par with using a god hack with that slash speed.and it is very frustrating and well documented weeks ago.
It is something we are looking into.

Hey everyone, we just shared another hotfix for the beta branch. It includes the following

• Fixed a bug that allowed your faction to make peace without your vote.

Yea, that´s the bug most of us complaint about. Good that you have your focus straight! It was always an issue for me that my faction/kingdom made peace for no reason. I´m here for the always random wars anyway!

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm if every time you save and load a game, new wars/peace traties are declared every time?

Thanks for the update Taleworlds! Does this mean i can leave 1.4 and go 1.4.1? Probably still a bad idea with mods

Can anyone confirm if every time you save and load a game, new wars/peace traties are declared every time?

I'm making test right now, but i can already confirm that Southern Empire initiate peace with Aserai on the first daily tick of a new campaign :
_NZdO.jpg

However AI war declaration between them finally working again which is nice :
v2b-m.jpg

Last edited:
I'm making test right now, but i can already confirm that Southern Empire initiate peace with Aserai on the first daily tick of a new campaign :

I think that was like this since from the start: a new campaign, and South Empire and Aserai declared war at the start.

Hey everyone, we just shared another hotfix for the beta branch. It includes the following
  • Fixed an issue that blocked the AI from declaring wars normally. It is now no longer locked to the player entering the diplomacy screen.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed your faction to make peace without your vote.
  • AI should be more likely to declare peace if the war is taking a long time.

are these fixes being pushed to the "Perf_Test" branch as well? I haven't seen any updates download...

I think that was like this since from the start: a new campaign, and South Empire and Aserai declared war at the start.

All faction are at war at the begining of the game which is normal, it's design that way :
-Vlandia vs Sturgia
-Northern Empire vs Khuzait
-Western Empire vs Battania
-Southern Empire vs Aserai

What isn't right is that Southern Empire declare Peace with Aserai as soon as the game start.

All faction are at war at the begining of the game which is normal, it's design that way :
-Vlandia vs Sturgia
-Northern Empire vs Khuzait
-Western Empire vs Battania
-Southern Empire vs Aserai

What isn't right is that Southern Empire declare Peace with Aserai as soon as the game start.

Ah, sorry, miss-read your post. Let me run a test and see what is happening. :smile:

The problem seems to be with southern empire as Aserai is declaring war just fine after that, but Southern empire seems to be passive, i'm waiting for them to either declare war or that someone will declare war on them to see if they will immediately make peace again.

Edit: Southern Empire just declared war and don't declare peace immediately, the problem seems to exist only for the first war with Aserai, which is nice haha

well they indeed make peace now but it lasts 1 day.....just tested the new hotfix i had a save on 1500 days we were stuck in war with all factions,we made peace with some but as i said lasted 1-2 days...At this point the game is uterly boring fighting stack after stack,cities change hands every day no joke and no progress at all as it doesnt matter how many stacks i defeat and lords i inprison they escape after 1 day and a new stack is formed,its endless and seems like doesnt matter what you do it has no effect unless i start excecuting ppl....

well they indeed make peace now but it lasts 1 day.....just tested the new hotfix i had a save on 1500 days we were stuck in war with all factions,we made peace with some but as i said lasted 1-2 days...

That's really weird because they put back the 20 day truce period

The problem seems to be with southern empire as Aserai is declaring war just fine after that, but Southern empire seems to be passive, i'm waiting for them to either declare war or that someone will declare war on them to see if they will immediately make peace again.

Edit: Southern Empire just declared war and don't declare peace immediately, the problem seems to exist only for the first war with Aserai, which is nice haha

• At the start of a campaign several day worth of events happen at once so it doesn't seem like the world has just popped into existence. During these events happens this anomaly.
  • Since the chance to start peace is now 90% everyone tried to make peace during the start. Except no one got the needed support in the kingdoms, but influence and gold wise they would have made peace.
  • Except for the Aserai (Banu Arbas), where it was supported by the other clans, and thus Aserai started to make peace with the Southern Empire. (I'm not sure why it was supported here.)

@Duh_TaleWorlds You guys should check this one anomaly right after a new game start.

We identified an issue that may cause this in some cases, but it did not quite make this hotfix.

Well, nearly done with 1.4.1 nightmare haha

I didn't reproduce that issue, i'm fine with loading ans saving.
However the starting war between Aserai and Southern Empire is indeed bug with instant peace declaration on new campaign. Doesn't seems like a big issue at first but then as they didn't engage in any fight their troops are fresh and in this first test Aserai and Southern Empire ganged on Western empire that was already busy with Battania. The result was this :

L82X4.jpg

Only 2 month since game start

We identified an issue that may cause this in some cases, but it did not quite make this hotfix.

Are there plans to add voice acting any time soon? And where in the list of priorities are more quests? and specifically unique quests that relate to things like player action, culture, skill loadout, reputation, ownership, traits.

For example honourable/ generous characters might attract quests from simple people who need someone to help them (from a cruel lord or a bandit chief for example). Rogue based characters would be part of a criminal network so would get quests relating to that. When you have fiefs you would get quests related to managing them. If you were a tournament champion you might get to participate in a questline related to that etc,etc.. Immersion is what we need! Sounds, characters and quests to bring the world to life!

• At the start of a campaign several day worth of events happen at once so it doesn't seem like the world has just popped into existence. During these events happens this anomaly.
  • Since the chance to start peace is now 90% everyone tried to make peace during the start. Except no one got the needed support in the kingdoms, but influence and gold wise they would have made peace.
  • Except for the Aserai (Banu Arbas), where it was supported by the other clans, and thus Aserai started to make peace with the Southern Empire. (I'm not sure why it was supported here.)

For me it was Southern Empire that initiated it, Is it changing anything to your reasoning ?

.... This game is never gonna make out of early access, isn't it.

So try to help, give feedback/suggestion, test, help, if you're unsatisfied please

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom