Beta Patch Notes e1.4.1

Users who are viewing this thread

To clarify - this means that all hotfixes to live are included in the beta branch before the beta branch is transitioned to live - not that everything goes to beta before it goes to live. Apologies for the confusion. Personally, I feel that sharing a crash hotfix for the "stable" branch before it is applied to the "unstable" branch is not problematic. Having said that, we share updates when they are ready regardless of what branch they are on (i.e. they contain what they should & have gone through internal processes).

It is a just a hotfix to the beta branch. The transition from beta to live and the introduction of a new beta version for testing will happen when the remaining, significant known issues have been resolved to a sufficient degree.

Steam offers a limited number of version slots. We are using these for our stable versions. If you are looking for a stable gameplay experience, please use those. The beta branch bears significant risks on that front and we will prioritize testing on it.

No further changes have been made to Tevea as far as I know. The issue with Tevea should be unrelated to other settlement though. You can read more about it here:

Thank you for the in-depth report. We will get it fixed.

This also sounds like a bug. Will look into it.

a little feedback; In the last patch, the NPC in the city move very fast.

a little feedback; In the last patch, the NPC in the city move very fast.

I've said this before, but the current system of tying troop movement speed with athletics and armor weight makes balancing a headache. Every time you change the weight of an equipment piece or a troop's loadout, you have to adjust the athletics skill to keep the movement speed the same. This is going to keep causing problems for the devs and modders.

Do your faction now has 35 active policys as well?
Yep, I have +active policy whenever I click on "Kingdom" button + if I click on any active or unactive policy, the game automatically launches a vote to propose/abonish the chosen policy (I'm a mercenary).

And moreover, when I click "Clans" button and click on any clan on the list - the game crashes.

Now the king can override effectively every decision provided he has enough influence (999 in my game). This seems fair (not sure if 999 is fair though), but my kingdom is composed exclusively by Calatild and me, and maybe one or two mercenary clans. Now as a king I DONT have voting power. So Calatild is the true king as I am far from the influence to override and I can't vote to have a 50% support so I always have to do what Calatild says or face a 100% negative support.

This also sounds like a bug. Will look into it.

One Vassal spends 100 influence, the ruller must spend 999 influence to override, this seems unfair for me. It seems logic for me that with 100 influence against overriding should cost 100 influence. If I have 5 vassals each of them voting against a resolution with 100 influencie I would need 500 influence to override. I think the relationship penalty and the needed influence to reach 50% support could be a solution, provided the relationship penalty means something (friends shouldn't desert easily).

By the way, you should disable the Leave Kingdom button from your own kingdom it leads to a crash in a while. It crashed for me after creating a new kingdom.

Yep, I have +active policy whenever I click on "Kingdom" button + if I click on any active or unactive policy, the game automatically launches a vote to propose/abonish the chosen policy (I'm a mercenary).

And moreover, when I click "Clans" button and click on any clan on the list - the game crashes.
If you dont click kingdom tab as mercenary, play and level up and then leave kingdom and then join as vassal, anyone tried that workaround?

Clicking kingdwom tab, ( mercenary , native ) gets a crash for me eventually.

Since the last patch my workshops in castles only give +1, +2 or +3 production. Don't know if the same in towns.
Another issue is that posting certain companions as governor in castle reduced a lot the troop garrison limit. Sounds like a bug too.
( + red and green marked prices when trading are still broken since many updates.
And it is annoying that newly created wanderers during game are useless because having zero skills)

Hey folks, we just uploaded a hotfix for the beta branch. It includes the following:
  • Fixed an issue that caused AI rulers to miscalculate influence cost vs benefit when overriding a popular vote.
  • Fixed an issue that caused automated kingdom decisions for mercenary players.
  • The influence cost for the ruler to override the popular vote in a kingdom decision is now calculated differently. Players will be able to spend the decision's normal cost for up to 3 points of difference or "votes". They will have to spend the decision's max cost for any additional points of difference. (To elaborate further - the options associated with influence costs in a kingdom decision represent votes. So f.e. in a decision with the costs 10 / 40 / 100, choosing the 100 option amounts to 3 points or votes. If you are a king and want to overrule a popular vote that surpasses the alternative by 5 points / votes, your cost will amount to 100 (for the first 3 votes) plus another 2 x 100 (for the additional points of difference)).

After two weeks without a new patch, the least I expect from the next patch is all the perks fixed.
You'll get another workshop nerf and fix for a rare crash when you kick a black cat in Aserai town

Hey folks, we just uploaded a hotfix for the beta branch. It includes the following:
Has it fixed a crash when a mercenary player clicks on any clan on "Clans" tab? And has it fixed +9000 policies tab when you hit the "Kingdom" tab?

• Fixed an issue that caused AI rulers to miscalculate influence cost vs benefit when overriding a popular vote.
  • The influence cost for the ruler to override the popular vote in a kingdom decision is now calculated differently. Players will be able to spend the decision's normal cost for up to 3 points of difference or "votes". They will have to spend the decision's max cost for any additional points of difference. (To elaborate further - the options associated with influence costs in a kingdom decision represent votes. So f.e. in a decision with the costs 10 / 40 / 100, choosing the 100 option amounts to 3 points or votes. If you are a king and want to overrule a popular vote that surpasses the alternative by 5 points / votes, your cost will amount to 100 (for the first 3 votes) plus another 2 x 100 (for the additional points of difference)).

Can you make the beta branch to run on multiplayer servers so we can try out Xauna?

-snipped (off-topic) -

Look at that - SP and MP statement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! Appreciate it.

Where is community manager? I understand that he has some family's problems but shouldn't be another person to keep communication up?
I really appreciate Duh and mexxxico for their active posting and SP players should be glad of that, when MP players don't get anything interesting from months.
Misscomunication award goes to Taleworlds, I paid 50 euros so I expect better contact than talking to some ****in turkish wall.

Look at that - SP and MP statement.

Taleworlds doesn't works like this, apparently. The CM here is not the one who... manages the community. How ironic is that, huh.

The influence cost for the ruler to override the popular vote in a kingdom decision is now calculated differently. Players will be able to spend the decision's normal cost for up to 3 points of difference or "votes". They will have to spend the decision's max cost for any additional points of difference. (To elaborate further - the options associated with influence costs in a kingdom decision represent votes. So f.e. in a decision with the costs 10 / 40 / 100, choosing the 100 option amounts to 3 points or votes. If you are a king and want to overrule a popular vote that surpasses the alternative by 5 points / votes, your cost will amount to 100 (for the first 3 votes) plus another 2 x 100 (for the additional points of difference)).

So if i understand correctly, 6 lord spending 10 influence = 2 spending 100 = 400 influence to overrule ? That's quite complicated, but it makes harder to overrule decision that have a number of lord supporting it even if they spend less influence, which is nice.

Same for AI King cost i suppose ?

Back
Top Bottom