Beta Patch Notes e1.4.1

Users who are viewing this thread

Better waiting then having the beta go full nuclear, glad for the info.

Has anyone found any mods that address the beta permawar? I'm using a troop training mod to help deal with attrition.

Regarding our transition from internal to beta and beta to live, we decided against that this week. This Tuesday and next week's Monday and Tuesday are national holidays in Turkey. We didn't want to take an unnecessary risk by releasing a larger patch when there would be fewer developers to address potential problems. Of course, this just means that the content will be bundled into another update and not a halt of production.

I hope you spend a wonderful Eid holiday and please take your time. I'd rather see bi-weekly or even monthly beta drops if the number of bugs are less.

Hey guys, we just released a hotfix for the beta branch. It includes the fixes we sent to live yesterday:
  • Fixed a crash that occurred after colliding with an entity while falling with a camel.
  • Fixed a rare crash that happened when an agent was blocking and the weapon state for that agent was not fully synced.
  • Fixed a rare crash that occurred when showing the battle results of simulated battles.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when war was declared between a quest giver's and the player's kingdoms while the Company of Trouble quest is active.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when talking to army members after a successful siege.
As well as the following:
  • Fixed a crash that occurred while passing time on the campaign map.
  • Fixed a rare crash that happened when a specific caravan spawned for notables.
  • Fixed a bug that caused NPC parties to raid Tevea village very frequently.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when Gang Leader Needs Weapons and Rival Gang Moving In quests were active at the same time.
  • Fixed a rare crash that occurred when ticking daily game events.
Regarding our transition from internal to beta and beta to live, we decided against that this week. This Tuesday and next week's Monday and Tuesday are national holidays in Turkey. We didn't want to take an unnecessary risk by releasing a larger patch when there would be fewer developers to address potential problems. Of course, this just means that the content will be bundled into another update and not a halt of production.
Thanks for the fix, just a quick question about stable, it shows some changes as well. Are they the same as these or different. Thanks

Just a status report on perma-war issues:

My game is a save from previous version (beta 1.4.0). Running my own kingdom, since last version, and I've ran into perma-war issues as well. However, once conspiracy quest finished (2000/2000), I was able to make peace with pretty much everyone, except Kuzhaits.

Post conspiracy quest, I've had only had Kuzhaits declare war on me constantly, and immediately after peace. Aserai declared war on me one time, but I beat back a large stack (1k+) army then voted for peace. Same deal with Vlandians. During this period, Vlandians controlled their territory and what used to be Battania and part of northern empire. Aserai has all their original territories and some western empire towns. Kuzhaits would be way further, but I'm holding large swath of land in the middle (Zeonica / Jalamarys, Amityas, Lycon, Poros, Phycaon), and I've been personally putting a halt on them. Sturgia 1 city remaining, everyone else dead, with no fiefs. NE + Battanian no fiefs but have a few clans remaining.

• Fixed a crash that occurred while passing time on the campaign map.
  • Fixed a rare crash that happened when a specific caravan spawned for notables.
  • Fixed a bug that caused NPC parties to raid Tevea village very frequently.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when Gang Leader Needs Weapons and Rival Gang Moving In quests were active at the same time.
  • Fixed a rare crash that occurred when ticking daily game events.
Good work but sadly it hasn't fixed my "move on map or do something get crash for no reason". It has something to do with game vents as I have another game that doesn't do this on same beta patch, but I've made different life choices in that one.....
I support you guys in not rushing out the next beta before holidays, good call!

"We didn't want to take an unnecessary risk by releasing a larger patch when there would be fewer developers to address potential problems. "

I'm going to have to put on some snark and say thus far patches have occurred on fridays before. It could be justified that is so as to let the patch in the wild for a few days so that the devs return with data in hand. If instead patches were early in the week the above reasoning would make sense. Either avenue makes sense. But to say a patch was delayed due to devs being away has not applied before so rings hollow now.

"We didn't want to take an unnecessary risk by releasing a larger patch when there would be fewer developers to address potential problems. "

I'm going to have to put on some snark and say thus far patches have occurred on fridays before. It could be justified that is so as to let the patch in the wild for a few days so that the devs return with data in hand. If instead patches were early in the week the above reasoning would make sense. Either avenue makes sense. But to say a patch was delayed due to devs being away has not applied before so rings hollow now.

Difference being that they are not just away for the weekend, but for four days. Also when that happened they ended up working overnight/over the weekend to fix things so... I can't say that I blame them for this choice.

I had hoped for a fix for the all the wars all the time bug, since apart from that I've found beta 1.4.1 to be quite enjoyable and it took over 300 days until the inevitable Khuzait (and Vlandia) supremacy took over in my game. The decision to put a hold on new releases over the holidays seems like a wise move, to tease a new release on social media the day before, less so. But that is neither here nor there, enjoy your holiday.
Time for a Northern Empire playthrough methinks, the only faction left I haven't been a vassal of in any game version.

Fief election not triggering in the 1.4.1 beta when it's your own kingdom? Just got a vassal and conquered a castle. Can't seem to give it to him.

Doesn't seem to work for me at least.

I had hoped for a fix for the all the wars all the time bug, since apart from that I've found beta 1.4.1 to be quite enjoyable and it took over 300 days until the inevitable Khuzait (and Vlandia) supremacy took over in my game. The decision to put a hold on new releases over the holidays seems like a wise move, to tease a new release on social media the day before, less so. But that is neither here nor there, enjoy your holiday.
Time for a Northern Empire playthrough methinks, the only faction left I haven't been a vassal of in any game version.
Yeah it's super great patch, I like the changes as well. I will conttinue my playtrough as sturgia warlord when they release, 1.4.1 for my 2 handed perks and updated armors etc :grin:

Back
Top Bottom