Beta Patch Notes e1.4.1

Users who are viewing this thread

This is the best patch for me that i get great performance thank you and please do not destroy it but improve it Taleworlds :smile: 1000 men battle and sieges are so great without lags and performance loss

Slight issue with the melee skills of AI. The common soldiers attack at more competitive speed, but the AI lords are crazy.
I came up against Siga in a tournament, one on one, axe and shield, and....well she slashed me to death with swings that were so fast it was like when Agent Smith speed punched Neo in the first Matrix movie. Her one handed skill is 280 but that doesn't mean her swing speed should defy the laws of physics lol
I thought I imagined that until the third time it happened (by the way, I also had it occur with Imperial lords).

Oddly enough, reloading made the same lord swing much slower. Might be some floating point issue in the code or a similar calculation bug setting skill level way too high under some odd conditions.

Started a new game in 1.4.1, as the old one was heavily modded...

Suddenly, I have problems recruiting companions: game crashes on accepting terms, also encyclopedia sync is terrible at the moment. Maybe it has something to do with the added characters

Any one else the same issues?

Found it: 'just let me play' mod was interfering

For all of you who experience crash on create kingdom check out the description from that Mod
It tells you how, by using editor console, you can manually start Create Kingdom Quest, or Create Kingdom without crash

Localisation of possible companions is still off in a lot of cases unfortunately

I thought I imagined that until the third time it happened (by the way, I also had it occur with Imperial lords).

Oddly enough, reloading made the same lord swing much slower. Might be some floating point issue in the code or a similar calculation bug setting skill level way too high under some odd conditions.
lol yep been there thought i had a tournament won until last round wow they were fast.

Same issues as everyone else. Factions declaring lots of wars on weaker kingdoms, no ceasfire period, rulers being overruled by vassals on war/peace, and AI melee for lords in tournaments are noticeably fast (even imperial legionaries were like speedy Gonzales, but my perception might be wrong).

Do rulers still get the final decision on policy?

This is the best patch for me that i get great performance thank you and please do not destroy it but improve it Taleworlds :smile: 1000 men battle and sieges are so great without lags and performance loss
Out of curiosity, what are your rig’s specs?
Same issues as everyone else. Factions declaring lots of wars on weaker kingdoms, no ceasfire period, rulers being overruled by vassals on war/peace, and AI melee for lords in tournaments are noticeably fast (even imperial legionaries were like speedy Gonzales, but my perception might be wrong).

Do rulers still get the final decision on policy?
I’ve seen rulers award fiefs to people “despite the majority against”, but not yet denied a war. (Fresh start 1.4.1/no mods)

Out of curiosity, what are your rig’s specs?

I’ve seen rulers award fiefs to people “despite the majority against”, but not yet denied a war. (Fresh start 1.4.1/no mods)

To give a detailed account, basically if you have a faction declare war on you and you as the ruler think peace is the best course, your fellow vassals can overrule you should you sue for peace. Hence rulers being overruled on war/peace

The age thing is deactivated for the time being so no.
And go visit doctor you're clearly mentally ill seeing how you want to die so much even though it's only a game.
Hahaha I don't understand why the insult but if it makes you feel better about yourself ... Welcome be! I just want them to implement a promised feature in the game. And clearly he was right, it was not implemented. Good luck in your life, mine is beautiful by the way and I highly value it! If you can't tell the difference between real life and video game life, you should seek help or friends!

In certain siege scenes, troops would start running between two siege towers instead of climbing. This issue was resolved and major improvements were made about the problems in pathfinding over siege towers and climbing ladders (especially ladders of siege towers).

Troops are still using only one ladder of the three available though unfortunately.

Running into an issue of entire armies wasteing away. Just started watching their number slowly plumit for no reason. . And right before that it was a big group of them running around trying to raid downs with 5-12 people each party. after following them around for a few minutes they were all 0s almost like they were starving to death.

Using zero mods on a new save file started with the new beta 1.4.1 patch

First impressions:

Atrocious FPS and lag spikes during close combats on the walls during sieges, which I’ve never encountered in earlier patches. I stopped playing until the next patch. It was a terrible experience. AI doesn’t still use siege towers effectively and doesn’t wait to open the gate until enough soldiers are on it.
Wars are declared pretty often but no faction is steamrolling, which is really good.
Armor updates on Roman archers are pretty spot on.
Tournaments are still not worth time and the effort- too low end money reward with terrible items apart from rare war horses.
Leveling is still a pain and I want the WB system as a veteran of this series. That was simple and logical.
Grinding through looters and badly-designed quests in early stages is not fun. We definitely need something more immersive there.

Ahahah i want to see this.
Yes, me too! Someone HAS to post a video of this before it is lost forever! Please and Thank you! :xf-grin:

I have seen this in my e1.2.1 game once, didn't make a video, but it looked like this:
A child walked normally on the street. Then suddenly it started rising up to about ~3 meters above ground, while still walking and moving forward, it looked like if it moved up though some invisible stairs. Then it walked around town for a longer while, while levitating 3 meters above ground. Then suddenly it started moving down, back to ground level, again it looked like if it moved down some invisible stairs. It was in different place than where it started. Then the child just walked normally again.

Last edited:
Broken content-------in patch 1.40 the green, yellow and red markers on items to show how much profit you are making when selling to vendors was broken and still isn't fixed. Think it could be a little more of a priority than some chairs being placed as you broke it in 1.40, before that was working well and it real key for traders.

Broken content-------in patch 1.40 the green, yellow and red markers on items to show how much profit you are making when selling to vendors was broken and still isn't fixed. Think it could be a little more of a priority than some chairs being placed as you broke it in 1.40, before that was working well and it real key for traders.
isnt it supposed to come with the tradeing perk/levels?

Do you have problems with recruitable NPCs? I can't find at least ~30%. The ones from "daughter" quests and some of the generated ones, don't appear in the settlements mentioned in wiki :/

Back
Top Bottom