Beta Patch Notes e1.4.1

Users who are viewing this thread

So much good stuff. 1.4.0 didn't motivate me much compared to 1.3, but 1.4.1 has so much juicy stuff.

Fixed a bug where traits and skills did not affect persuasion chances.
I consider the persuasion system in its current form to be fundamentally flawed and in need of an overhaul. But this fix will do a lot to make it bearable in the meantime.

Has the disappearance of traits gained at character creation been fixed yet? I haven't created a new character since the start of 1.3 beta and I don't remember reading anything about it being addressed in patch notes since. I suppose I'll find out, as I'm guessing a save that old will have too much baggage to work well (if at all) in 1.4.1 and I'm thinking its time to update for all the goodies.

I wonder if the addition of the new lords/ladies is in preparation down the line for moving to younger generations as everyone at the start ages/dies out. Otherwise, we're in for a lot more armies if even a small amount of those added can fight in the field.

I wonder if the addition of the new lords/ladies is in preparation down the line for moving to younger generations as everyone at the start ages/dies out. Otherwise, we're in for a lot more armies if even a small amount of those added can fight in the field.
havnt tested yet, but my first thought was that they function as some kind of replacement if fighting lords and ladys die, mostly due to execution by the player.

havnt tested yet, but my first thought was that they function as some kind of replacement if fighting lords and ladys die, mostly due to execution by the player.
Fair enough; I'll have to test it out myself but I'm kind of excited to see how TW balances the lineage aspect of the game against players' desire for some instant gratification. But it would be really cool to have a warrior character get a castle, bequeath it to his merchant son, who ends up with a trading empire that the next son uses to buy up territory and thus start a kingdom. Instead of what we have now, wherein a single character does that in 5-8 years, hah.

Hey devs, now that you have added enough women for the formerly very male heavy noble class, how long until adding the functionality for nobles to intermarry so they don't all die off in the 2nd generation? How long until children are actually usable instead of being impossible to level once they reach combat age because all attribute stats are 0?

Great patch, btw. Keep up the hard work!!!!

Nice TW :party: :party:

add permanent death please!
The game already has many options for that you death loving deviant, As a matter of fact the game needs options for disabling deaths, especially the one caused by old age. The one the game currently had is simply not good enough.

The hero death option on disable mode should also disable aging as well; in this mode the character creation menu should have additional options such as editing the character's body parts similar in function to the Detailed Character Creation mod, including the option to edit the player character's age to his/her liking.
The lords at the start of the game and lords for newly spawned clans should have a preset age, and the NPC children from these lords will have a short period of childhood before becoming adults, they too will also have a preset age between 21 to 51.
As for the player's NPC children; they function similarly to the NPC lord's children however the difference is that the age (and their appearance) of your NPC children can be edited from their character profile once they are old enough to fight alongside you.

For those 'special people' who don't like the above suggestions; All you have to do is enable death in the options menu, simple as that. :xf-smile:

In certain siege scenes, troops would start running between two siege towers instead of climbing. This issue was resolved and major improvements were made about the problems in pathfinding over siege towers and climbing ladders (especially ladders of siege towers).

Thanks for your hard work and this patch.

Feedback on Siege Towers:

The pathfinding/AI regarding siege tower ladders does not appear to have been improved in 1.4.1. I just ran a siege with a ram and 1 siege tower, and unfortunately my elite troops all log jammed on the siege tower. They then proceeded to try to climb the ladders but appeared to just collide with each other. One or 2 would get up at a time and get slaughtered at the top. In order for siege towers to be effective, they really need to use all 3 ladders smoothly and stack up so 3 troops at a time can continuously attack. Right now, based on this test siege towers do not appear to be effective.

Another option would be a siege tower redesign where there are stairs within the siege tower where troops can stack up.

Last edited:
Does it require a new campaign? I imagine it does, otherwise how would the game spawn 160+ characters? Thanks!!

Last edited:
Now this is what I call a quality patch.

By the way, the 2h perks "Spartan" and "Knightly Management" say they do the exact same thing. I'm 99.9% sure they weren't both designed to do the same damn thing. So which one blocks ranged attacks when moving block position, and which one does something else?

Now this is what I call a quality patch.

By the way, the 2h perks "Spartan" and "Knightly Management" say they do the exact same thing. I'm 99.9% sure they weren't both designed to do the same damn thing. So which one blocks ranged attacks when moving block position, and which one does something else?

I've already reported it on Technical forum as a bug.

They also added stuff to 1H perk that improved the soldiers battle capability in addition to your personal skills.
I didn't notice at first and i don't really know what to think of it, as it would be kind of the perks that would fit in "Tactic" or "Leadership"

Since the 1.4 update(haven't tested this beta patch) things are going well on mp for NA siege and no crashing for me yet.

Just commenting to thank the devs and players here finding bugs and possible fixes.

Back
Top Bottom