Beta Patch Notes e1.4.1

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm not from TW, but I think it was affected unintentionally when they implemented the kingdom diplomacy feature. Hope they fix this quick. And put the king's veto powers back. I miss being a dictator.

Ok It looks reasonable. I just hope that TW will be able to find a good solution for this.

Game runs way better than in 1.3. But still got a lot of disconnects and lag spikes, I assume it's caused by Battleeye. However, you still haven't sorted out the massive balance issues on Cav and the Menavlion, which is quite sad to be honest.

The siege Ai got totally broken in my last siege with 1.4.1. it was in a sturgian castle, as defender (the one in a cliff facing the sea). The attackers broke the gates, but didnt send their troops to break the inner gate. one reinforce finnaly went there and crushed alone that gate, but when he did it the troops didnt try to enter the castle, they just hold.

In the walls the things were even worse. They mostly use only one siege ladder in each side, and a soldier in one of them climbed to almost the top but refused to jump to the wall, so he and a lot of troops got stucked on that ladder.

Well im 220 days in. Playing as vassal for aserie. Now we are at war with 5 factions. Two got wiped out already, sturgia and western empire. Kuzaits steamroll. My faction dont want peace. The other factions had 3-5 wars as well, but they made peace somehow.

Update: Finally got to 100 influnce in this chaos, tried to make peace with every other 5 faction im at war with, everyone votes against. Must be bugged? In my 370 hours of new playtroughs this steamroll took the cake.

Last edited:
Reads like the best patch yet. Holy ****. (y)
Very stoked about the new armors. I haven't seen anybody else complain about it yet, but I feel like the game could use a lot more armors.

• Implemented Sandbox Kingdom Creation, which is possible through the clan screen and not dependent on the main storyline. Players need to have at least 1 settlement and a tier 4 clan. Then players can select their kingdom's culture (consisting of their settlements' culture or their own clan's culture), select their initial policies (up to 4) and, finally, select the name for their new Kingdom.
Says you can do this... can't find the option to do it.
I DO have a tier 4 clan. I DO have 1 settlement. Am an independent clan.

Possible reason?
I am in the Questline for "Unite the Empire" - collected the banners & turned them into a faction to support a faction option - maybe that's why I can't see the option to start my own kingdom? (change of mind).

Any tips? Anyone get this working?

!st..TW thanks a great update on the game.
I started a new game runs nice love the new updates and the sounds and more people to fight.all looking good. so after my first in game year . I thought i would load up my save from 1.4 just to see if it worked as i was having so much fun in that game..Ok all new stuff was added to the save.but all faction armies were 3 times the size of what they were in 1.4 and also the new people were not there so old save games will not work.just to let others no if they want to see the new stuff they need to start a new game.
WANTED TO SAY THIS BEFORE GUYS START GOING ON THAT THINGS ARE NOT WORKING RIGHT.

!st..TW thanks a great update on the game.
I started a new game runs nice love the new updates and the sounds and more people to fight.all looking good. so after my first in game year . I thought i would load up my save from 1.4 just to see if it worked as i was having so much fun in that game..Ok all new stuff was added to the save.but all faction armies were 3 times the size of what they were in 1.4 and also the new people were not there so old save games will not work.just to let others no if they want to see the new stuff they need to start a new game.
WANTED TO SAY THIS BEFORE GUYS START GOING ON THAT THINGS ARE NOT WORKING RIGHT.
Thanks!!!

The siege Ai got totally broken in my last siege with 1.4.1. it was in a sturgian castle, as defender (the one in a cliff facing the sea). The attackers broke the gates, but didnt send their troops to break the inner gate. one reinforce finnaly went there and crushed alone that gate, but when he did it the troops didnt try to enter the castle, they just hold.

In the walls the things were even worse. They mostly use only one siege ladder in each side, and a soldier in one of them climbed to almost the top but refused to jump to the wall, so he and a lot of troops got stucked on that ladder.
I had this also before 1.4.1

Means that there's lot to improve still in future patches.

Im crashing when I try to start with 1.4.1 beta branch. Anybody else experiencing this as well?
Got the game starting now, but when I try to create a new kingdom my game crashes. Do I have to start a new playthrough for it to work or is anybody else experiencing this?

Last edited:
Im crashing when I try to start with 1.4.1 beta branch. Anybody else experiencing this as well?

Never mind. Seems to work now after re-downloading.
To me it has worked
open steam, right click on mount and blade icon, properties, local files, check file integrity

While this new patch spiced up this in my 1300+ day save, basically we declared war on every faction , which was managable since we had near 50k strength, the performance issues are STILL THERE. It's becoming unbearably frustrating to have screenshot battles. A few seconds it's running fine then I get screenshots, then it runs fine, then SCREENSHOTS again, I'm talking about 1 FPS.

This is like.. the 5th patch where they stated performance improvements, I'm not seeing any, please focus on this.

For anyone wondering, specs are Radeon 5700 XT, 8700K , 16 gigs of ram and an ssd.
Not sure if this applies to you, but I've found it seems to happen when my troops are mass killing the enemy (recruits typically) and there is basically continuous respawning. Not sure the fix as of yet, I upped my battle size to help reduce respawning. I still get a bit of stutter during respawn, but it is playable. Albeit, not ideal.

If you are running Windows 10, you may want to try and turn off Game Mode. I read an article that said it had a negative impact on performance, especially with Radeon cards. The article below indicates that Radeon 5700 can be impacted.

I think I remember terco complaining about cav splitting up on charge a lot during the beta, guess he's happy now
I haven't tried it yet, but it certainly sounds like a good sentence. :fruity:

@Terco_Viejo maybe that is the beginning of the end for the melee cluster.
:lol:
EnchantedRectangularGhostshrimp-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Is Vlandia in the sights of troop improvement? I feel as though they are one of the weaker factions with a horrible T1>T2 and their T3 units leave much to be desired as well compared to other factions.

Also are spears going to be adjusted and improved so their better and that the AI can actually use them?

I'm pretty sure there is perma death i've seen people die in videos and play as there spouse or kids. you can't die in battle if that's what you mean
Did they apply death due to old age? I have heroes with 125 years. And if I mean death in battle and from old age. My character is 87 years old. Is the appearance reflected in case of old age?

The game already has many options for that you death loving deviant, As a matter of fact the game needs options for disabling deaths, especially the one caused by old age. The one the game currently had is simply not good enough.

The hero death option on disable mode should also disable aging as well; in this mode the character creation menu should have additional options such as editing the character's body parts similar in function to the Detailed Character Creation mod, including the option to edit the player character's age to his/her liking.
The lords at the start of the game and lords for newly spawned clans should have a preset age, and the NPC children from these lords will have a short period of childhood before becoming adults, they too will also have a preset age between 21 to 51.
As for the player's NPC children; they function similarly to the NPC lord's children however the difference is that the age (and their appearance) of your NPC children can be edited from their character profile once they are old enough to fight alongside you.

For those 'special people' who don't like the above suggestions; All you have to do is enable death in the options menu, simple as that. :xf-smile:
Did they apply death from old age? In my last game I had NPCs with 125 years of age and they did not reflect changes in their appearance. Nor did they die. And yes, I am a lover of death in this game. I want to continue my dynasty with my children. I would also like to have the chance to die in combat

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom