Beta Patch Notes e1.4.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Not for me, companion X is in settlement Y, I go to settlement Y and he/she/it isn´t there, the encyclopedia still says he/she/it is in settlement Y, even if I wait for more than 2 ingame days.

Playing without any mod on the latest beta branch.

Do your troops also use all 3 siege ladders?

On the money topic:

Modders who work for free are able to fix a lot of the bugs, but I don´t use mods anymore, the minor updates break too many of them. So I´m playing vanilla to just play this "game". Why do I do this if I rant? There is no alternative! If there was, I would be playing it. I love the game, the setting and everything.

Covid 19:

I´m a team leader for the customer support of a huge online merchant, we were able to get all of our employees (about 110) to work from home. We need VPN, a new whitelisting to access our "stuff" and so on. I´m not a developer, but if I would be...were is the difference to code something in the office or from home? You still use the same programms and so on. Really? Where is the difference if I wrote a code in the office or in my home?

Covid 19 doesn´t have a huge impact when it comes down to software developement. If someone catches the virus then it has, and I really hope none of them have Covid 19.

They also never said that they have problems due to Covid 19, maybe they have, I don´t know. They also don´t communicate with their customers. With their pace, we´ll have a finished product in 2028.

I repeat myself, release the source code and the tools and we have a finishied working game in 3 months. TW already did most of the work (engine, assessts and so on) and now they´re just juggling with some numbers when it comes down to updates.

Modders fixed so much stuff (like perks, patrols, diplomacy) and TW does "nothing"...

TW did an awesome job with the engine and the basic game, but I don´t see any improvment since the EA release. My game experience hasn´t improved since launch, it has with mods. but as I said, I don´t use them anymore. Those minor updates break too much without improving my game experience.

So again, why can modders (also work from home for free) can fix a lot of the issues but TW can´t.

Not important: There was a dev blog like 2 years ago about banners, they are not in the game. Modders (without the source code or modding tools) were able to add them, they are not perfect but they work. Why can´t TW do this?

Instead we get "nerf this, buff this" numbers...

TW isn´t an indie company either...not for this price for EA. I played a lot EA games like Rimworld, Kenshi and so on, they were more finished than Bannerlord is. Their updates had more impact than the updates we receive for Bannerlord. And those games cost like 15-20€. They also support modding and did updates that not only changed some numbers...
Stating that working home as software developer is no different than working at workplace is just blatantly wrong. I can guarantee you 100% that it is different, and stating that Covid 19 doesn't affect software developers is even more wrong.

I'm a software developer, and I can tell you right now that this whole situation has brought a whole lot of problems working from home, and productivity isn't nearly as good as it were at work. There are developers that may do better now, and dont have problems, but I highly doubt they are the majority.

That´s what happens when you say your opnion. So just praise this "game"!

Constructive feedback: Do an update that really matters....
There's a fine line between providing constructive criticism and outright attacking developers and players because you disagree with them. Opinions are perfectly fine, but going through your post history, I can tell that you haven't yet managed to share those opinions in a constructive manner, and judging by your aggressiveness you probably don't intend to either. As a result of your recent behavior towards other users, I am going to throw a temporary mute your way. I would encourage you to return with proper, concise feedback for the game later. Please remember that although being usernames and avatars on your screen, every user on here is still a human person. Please be respectful towards others.

I am also going to link this statement regarding plans for the game, which was posted about an hour ago. Hopefully this update "really matters."

Stating that working home as software developer is no different than working at workplace is just blatantly wrong. I can guarantee you 100% that it is different, and stating that Covid 19 doesn't affect software developers is even more wrong.

I'm a software developer, and I can tell you right now that this whole situation has brought a whole lot of problems working from home, and productivity isn't nearly as good as it were at work. There are developers that may do better now, and dont have problems, but I highly doubt they are the majority.

I don't think petty trolls jumping thread to thread bloating forums with their hysterical nonsense care about reality pal, only thing they care about actively harming ea process by burying every discussion into oblivion with wild impossible theories, baseless speculations and personal attacks

Stop polluting the Beta thread please, this doesn't help anyone but your egos, people come here to get informed about the patches etc. and all they get is 14 pages of whining and disagreeing with no point at all.

Fanboy :wink: . You are not allowed to critize the "game", it´s EA....
I'm sorry but i disagree with most things you say in this topic. You are allowed to criticize anything you want but people defending it doesn't make them "fanboys". You are contridicting with yourself here.

I would agree with you if this game was one of those early access titles simply make impossible promises on genres with high popularity at the time. Like survival games, realistic looking minecraft stuff and such, mobas, battle royales etc. Hell i remember back in the day there was a lot of GTA and Counter strike like games with a lot of promises came out and didn't deliver at all. I think you and all of us here know mount and blade is not like any of those titles. This is clearly a passion project made by a company solely focuses on one game and one game only throughout their lifetime. That's the reason i believe they will eventually bring this thing together and turn it into something awesome we all enjoy.

But this is early access. It is like that since its announcement. You could clearly see that in the steam page or whereever you bought it. So you should have known what you get yourself into. And also there are many games with full release had a lot of problems. I remember buying civilization 5 when its first came out it was simply broken. AI was settling cities in every 4 tiles and have massive issiues(They fixed it with a DLC by the way not with a patch). Gta 4 was incredibly bad pc port with a lot of crashes and stutters. Battlefield 3 has people becoming aliens whenever they prone. All of these are full releases with full prices made by huge studios, they all had problems but get fixed.

I suggest uninstall this game, wait for couple of months and then come back and see if there is any progress. If not then you have every right to complain. But i don't really see your point here right now.

Holy crash, Batman. 1.4 does not like my computer. So far trying to transfer troops to my companion parties and fighting a battle crashes game. Game won’t even shutdown on Steam after sending crash report, I have to exit out of Steam completely.

Just give me my 50€ back and you won´t here a single word from me ever again It´s that simple.

Maybe I buy this game again after 10 years when the modders have fixed it.
I hope TW refunds this person. We will be one ******* down.

I also criticise the apparent development approach at TW, but only because I know enough to see what might be going wrong there and I give my own effort to perhaps push them to employ some of the better practices of our trade. But attacking the devs themselves? WTF? These people have a vision that got you and all of us excited and they have been working hard on it for years. I am certain they will continue to do so for many years to come. More importantly; Mount&Blade created its own genre, one that no other company big or small has dared to enter except some cheap rip-off attempts. You know why? Because it is freaking hard, that's why. So if for nothing else, at least for these reasons you should show everyone at TW some respect.

By the way, Bannerlord is not even bad. It is incomplete and has lots of bugs but that is expected of early access. It is not the best case scenario for first contact with the players, but it certainly is not worse than the average case. If you look past bugs and unfinished features, the game is pretty good and has potential to grow in various areas. But of course that only happens if we keep the passion at TW alive by our support. I am not too worried about TW ability to deliver an amazing game, but I worry that toxic people like you will make it less than what it could be.

Mine seems OK with my save, not tried a new start. It asks the new module question. I did have this problem on an update a short while ago, but a validation, (right click steam Bannerlord game, properties, and it's obvious), fixed it.

Is there a spot where they can just post about each major bug being fixed. With so many pages it\s hard to keep track, here is what I have had in 1.4 so far\

1) When making workshop in Zeonica, instant crash, haven\t tested all towns, but any shop in Zeonica causes the crash
2) When making caravan only 1 name shows up for all companions, the order is correct so the top person in your group you would choose top person on caravan creation list, annoying but a work around
3) Trades colors do not show on products to let you know if you are making a profit or not, just no colors at all after reaching trade <25>
4) People not in places that encyclopedia says they are
5) the same town or settlement quests seem to appear in the same spot each time, they are not random as the should be, example town A person A has poacher quest and it is the only one he ever gives out, same with person B in town B only gives one quest the same quest, like gang need weapons all the time.

I am sure there are more but that is what I can remember in just one hour playing. It got so unplayable I had to uninstall and go back to 1.3
my point is how do we now if things are fixed so we can keep going with 1.4 to identify the bugs that need fixing. They need to make a separate thread and post just what was fixed in the version number so we know for sure, if I have missed that section please inform me as I am new to the forums thank you
Flesson19

You could submit and follow bugs in the tech support forum. Avoiding duplicates and managing bug lifecycles is hard enough even when you have appropriate tools, its almost futile when the tool is message board threads. But it's all we have access to at this point.

Game crashes before it gets to main menu for me with message saying application crash.

I fixed this issue by downloading the fixed launcher mod from nexus. Even though i disabled all mods the game would crash but with the fixed launcher it works fine. Maybe the devs should take a look at their launcher.

How can you have a relevant opinion if you haven't played the game and think its not in a playable state to even test. Sounds like you made up your mind and are just trolling now to be toxic. If you quit then stop posting on the forums as well, your feedback isn't relevant on this post.
The heck are you talking about? I have the game, got 151 hours in. I haven't played for 3 weeks or something that's all. I don't see any meaningful changes reading the patch notes so I don't see much of a reason to return until the AI becomes better... sorry, miles better than a MOD, yes a mod, made in 2010 for Warband called Brytenwalda.

I see not many reasons to play the game in its current state, that is my opinion.

You could submit and follow bugs in the tech support forum. Avoiding duplicates and managing bug lifecycles is hard enough even when you have appropriate tools, its almost futile when the tool is message board threads. But it's all we have access to at this point.
Thank you for the info, much appreciated

Back
Top Bottom