Beta Patch Notes e1.4.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Lord/Lady Needs Tutor Quest
  • Fixed a bug that caused the quest to get stuck after a certain level of experience gain.
  • Fixed a bug that caused missing dialogue options when talking with the pupil for a second time.
  • Pupil lords will have lower skill points to begin with.
  • The target skill point gain was decreased from 60 to 30.
  • Some quest giver conditions were updated.
all of these are great but i wish one more was added
the pupil shouldnt leave right after the the level is gained but until time runs out or i talk to him to leave after reaching the level
great job

Bug: Melting high tier weapons causes in some point after the 1xx of skill to jump to 1030 (at some point instead of add X it add 850 or something points to the skill)

Again kingdoms expansions are too quick , why did u that? 5th day and 4 cities changed owner as i saw in previous game versions.

Did you ever play prophesy of pendor? It is more polished than original warband.

PoP is a fantastic mod, but you can't do anything of that scope until you have a finished base game. If you go to their subforum you will see that the developers of that mod themselves wouldn't really want to work on a port to Bannerlord while the game is still this fluid.

That said, @mr_nifty, come on man cut the attitude. It's not helping. And PoP developers would actually be more than capable of developing their own game, given that they pushed the Warband engine to its limits (and sometimes past them) to develop the mod... One thing does not exclude the other (in fact there's many people that started with modding and moved on to full game development).

Wait... people actually do those quest?
Again kingdoms expansions are too quick , why did u that? 5th day and 4 cities changed owner as i saw in previous game versions.
+1 Can confirm. 5 days in game 4-5 settlement changes.

Glad to see another update, but I don't see a reason to go from 1.3.0 to 1.4.0, no game changer change. Gonna wait for the perks =)

PoP is a fantastic mod, but you can't do anything of that scope until you have a finished base game. If you go to their subforum you will see that the developers of that mod themselves wouldn't really want to work on a port to Bannerlord while the game is still this fluid.
I agree that PoP is amazing and the team is fantastic. But people have to remember that it is WAY easier to create something if most of the hard work is already done, like... making a whole game. They didn't have to build an entire engine from scratch, they didn't have to create most of the art, or the programming, UI, AI, etc, etc.

So to say that PoP is better because it's more "polished" than Warband is insulting to the team that created the game that allowed that mod to exist in the first place, and all the hard work that went into it.

Minor issue, but still seeing some companion encyclopedia problems (in new game started beta 1.4.0). Kinda thought the last 1.3.0 hotfix was supposed to correct. Encyclopedia says "Wanderer X" is in "City Y"...go there, and the NPC isn't present. Looked around nearby cities (sometimes worked in the past), could not find the companion NPC. Again, not a huge deal, but the issue does exist (still).

Minor issue, but still seeing some companion encyclopedia problems (in new game started beta 1.4.0). Kinda thought the last 1.3.0 hotfix was supposed to correct. Encyclopedia says "Wanderer X" is in "City Y"...go there, and the NPC isn't present. Looked around nearby cities (sometimes worked in the past), could not find the companion NPC. Again, not a huge deal, but the issue does exist (still).
The critical issue that was supposed to be addressed was a data mismatch which presented as NPCs that weren't linked to any encyclopedia entry, or linked to the wrong one. Location info being bad or out of date is potentially a different issue.

Still not ANY new feature but minor fixes....the game will leave EA in 2028 I guess.

Just focus on those boring repetitve quests nobody cares about...

Any diplomacy? Nope!
Working perks? Nope!

Can you please overhaul the trees in your next update? That seems to be a good focus for you.

Also, do you even have an internal testing team as you claimed? If so, how can you release a patch which crashes the game that often? Are we your QA team? If so, can you please give me like 50% of my money back....should be paid for this.

A normal game company would test any update internally before releasing it, but also a normal game company would do significant patches and not stuff like this...still waiting for the tree overhaul....

BTW, the encyclopedia bug, which you claimed you fixed isn´t even fixed. But who cares?

Last edited:
Was scrolling through the thread and saw your name popping up with some ****ty replies everywhere. Actually decided to register because of you - so thanks, I guess. Anyways.. what makes you think that your reply here is ok? I don’t know what you’re doing for a living, or even your age. Based on your replies my guess would be, ehm.. either underage incapable of having a job or too lazy to queue up in the unemployment line. You know, purely based on your comments.

I can see you didn't read what the person wrote who I replied to. Someone who was quite disrespectful and nasty without good reason in this forum and towards TW. What are you doing here, that's good? I don't see it, only a person who got so worked up for who knows what that they had to register on this online forum only to - personally try and insult me? Seems very mature.

Good thing I'm most likely older than you, and have been in the work force for over a decade already and going strong, earning the money I need in finance. What do you? Based on your comment - nothing much but scour online looking for fights.

Also, do you even have an internal testing team as you claimed? If so, how can you release a patch which crashes the game that often? Are we your QA team?
They have approximately 100 staff, which means they're unlikely to have more than 10 people in their internal QA team. Those ~10 people run their test plan and do regressions, and when no show-stoppers are hit it then gets released to the tens of thousands of people voluntarily running beta.

Beta testers are indeed part of the QA process. Since there's 1,000 times as many of us, we find things by brute force without trying that 10 people simply won't encounter. Most "OMG game crashes on load" issues are compatibility related, because a test lab with 10 machines in it once again cannot test the countless combinations of system configurations that exist in the wild.

imo you are justified in being annoyed about the lack of diplomacy and working perks, but you can express that without throwing a tantrum.

I stopped playing. There is zero effort on TaleWorlds team to get the functionalities they promised working and now we are in a point where I feel we might just have the final product in our hands, guys. So, enjoy! Mount & Fail: Buggerlord.

Back
Top Bottom