Beta Patch 1.157 - Patch pre-release! Steam release on Wednesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overgaul said:
Mario_Endless_Stairs.gif

Can't stop watching this...

Is there a reason Vaegirs archers lose access to swords, and get a free club, while Sarranid archers still get a free sword and the option to buy a scimitar?

Haluciniram said:
Theres one small problem, when i take lets say Light Throwing Axe and when i cant afford it the game auto buys a sword. So in my opinion if you dont have money for the Throwing Axe the game shouldnt buy anything.
dont you get a free sword?

Golradir said:
Haluciniram said:
Theres one small problem, when i take lets say Light Throwing Axe and when i cant afford it the game auto buys a sword. So in my opinion if you dont have money for the Throwing Axe the game shouldnt buy anything.
dont you get a free sword?

It dosent matter its free, i want Throwing Axes or nothing! :sad:

findecanno said:
Is there a reason Vaegirs archers lose access to swords, and get a free club, while Sarranid archers still get a free sword and the option to buy a scimitar?
Guarantee that club glances half as often as those garbage free swords. Scimitar being available for Sarranid archers kinda makes up for the pea-shooter bows they use.

*What Lust said.

OliESC said:
Lots of Stuff

Well said.

Captain Lust said:
Seems like a bit of an overreaction to a 1 point athletics change. I said in the chat (where your friend behaved quite unpleasantly) that I think the gold changes will be a far more significant change for the most part.

It doesn't seem like an overreaction to me. You're nerfing a part of a class that most people don't want nerfed. People complain and provide legitimate reasons why they think it's a bad change. Rather than address these points (perhaps legitimately, you don't have all day I imagine), you ignore them, minimize the effects, and push the changes through anyway. Presumably because you think we're all wrong, and that you have a better idea what's best for the players as a whole. People are understandably upset.

I don't think the gold changes will affect me as much as the athletics changes, actually. When I play archer, I never use heavy armor (even in scrims) because it limits my ability to dodge and maneuver in melee. I don't think heavy armor really fits the archer's style.

Weaker weapons or armor can be compensated for by blocking and hitting more, but lower athletics will limit my ability to avoid being outmaneuvered by infantry (and thus be unable to block), dodge couches and projectiles, and dodge out of range of short and powerful weapons like one-handed axes or warhammers.

Edit:

Juvenile said:
Guarantee that club glances half as often as those garbage free swords. Scimitar being available for Sarranid archers kinda makes up for the pea-shooter bows they use.

Those spiked clubs? Last I checked those things were barely capable of not wiffing against armor due to 21p being pathetic damage. If I remember correctly, pierce damage has more difficulty with wiffs than blunt, so everyone's best off upgrading to the club after that.

But yeah, Sarranids are pretty much weak Vaegirs, and need every advantage they can get.

Good job Lust, I honestly like the way this is going. I don't mind the archer nerfs at all, cav dropping scimitars feels a lot more natural anyway considering every other faction is doing it as well. (If we don't count in Sarranids.)

Very eager to see how the Khergit Infantry class is going to play out.

Thanks for all the time you've devoted for this patch!

Captain Lust said:
findecanno said:
Cause Vaegirs have better bows, higher ranged stats, faster access to heavy horses, Elite Scimitars for their infantry.

Better bows? They're less accurate, slower, and their arc is different enough from the nomad bow to throw your aim off. They're pretty terrible.

These nerfs to archers are totally unnecessary, and I'm really not sure why you're insisting on carrying on with them. Really it seems like you're just doing it to spite everyone at this point.

Those spiked clubs? Last I checked those things were barely capable of not wiffing against armor due to 21p being pathetic damage. If I remember correctly, pierce damage has more difficulty with wiffs than blunt, so everyone's best off upgrading to the club after that.

19. 19p.

Azrooh said:

19. 19p.

Oh, right.  :lol:

They're so terrible I haven't even looked at them in ages.

Azrooh said:
Captain Lust said:
findecanno said:
Cause Vaegirs have better bows, higher ranged stats, faster access to heavy horses, Elite Scimitars for their infantry.

Better bows? They're less accurate, slower, and their arc is different enough from the nomad bow to throw your aim off. They're pretty terrible.
And thus your credibility was lost.

Just a reminder that Vaegir Archers have Falchions in the latest patch. I gave them a fairly harmless speed boost to 98 as well (from 96).

Captain Lust said:
Azrooh said:

I wouldn't say Azrooh's statement is without credibility. While I prefer larger bows, they do have a lot of drawbacks (hah, I made a funny), and which ones are better mostly comes down to personal choice and circumstance.

Large bows do more damage and have better shot speed (generally having an easier time hitting at long range), but smaller bows have better speed, accuracy, and prices. In my experience large bows tend to be better at longer ranges (especially against cavalry), while small bows tend to be better for close range encounters (especially against other archers).

Captain Lust said:
Just a reminder that Vaegir Archers have Falchions in the latest patch. I gave them a fairly harmless speed boost to 98 as well (from 96).

awesome compromise.  :roll:

Captain Lust said:

I'm glad our community manager is so great that he resorts to ad hominems rather than answering concerns. Wonderful!

Azrooh said:
Captain Lust said:

I'm glad our community manager is so great that he resorts to ad hominems rather than answering concerns. Wonderful!
Community Manager. Not robot.

Should not need to explain why having a range of bows is an advantage in some situations, especially when the extra bows shoot arrows faster, deal more damage and have less drop. I'll grant you they're not always better in every situation but it's a no-brainer that Vaegirs have a better choice of bows and it offers a potential benefit to them in the majority of situations.

Captain Lust said:
Azrooh said:
Captain Lust said:

Community Manager. Not robot.

Should not need to explain why having a range of bows is an advantage in some situations, especially when the extra bows shoot arrows faster, deal more damage and have less drop. I'll grant you they're not always better in every situation but it's a no-brainer that Vaegirs have a better choice of bows and it offers a potential benefit to them in the majority of situations.

Robot or not, ad hominem is bad. Professionalism and being a robot are not the same thing.

Larger choice of bows, sure. You said better bows as though the bigger bows are just straight-up better in every situation, and that's what I was replying to. They are all bigger bows, Vaegirs do not have a bow that shoots arrows faster than their base Nomad Bow which is also the most accurate of them all.
Falchions are fair enough, they're essentially short scimitars with a bit less damage, it's not a huge change. But why is archer athletics still being reduced? You haven't answered anybody asking you that yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom