Beta Patch 1.157 - Patch pre-release! Steam release on Wednesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
TurambarMakart said:
Crayon said:
Captain Lust said:
Actually just got some info. We plan to push the next version of the beta out ASAP (probably today) which will include a few more balance changes. This will also include the NW patch, so that can be tested as well. Planned testing for this should be no more than a week and then we want to go ahead with the release.

18th June...

and you should be thinking about summer + beach + Mojito
And similary to patch, it wont happen :sad:

TurambarMakart said:
Crayon said:
Captain Lust said:
Actually just got some info. We plan to push the next version of the beta out ASAP (probably today) which will include a few more balance changes. This will also include the NW patch, so that can be tested as well. Planned testing for this should be no more than a week and then we want to go ahead with the release.

18th June...

and you should be thinking about summer + beach + Mojito

I have plenty of beach and summer my good man, I live 2 minutes walk from a massive beach. It is irrelevant to the non released patch however.

Now put the kettle on.

Le Roux said:
I still hope the stat changes don't come through, I agree with most of the money changes though.

I think that's on everyone's minds. Get rid of the stat changes, fix the short spears, and get rid of the stupid turning speed limitation and I'll be totally satisfied with this patch. Fix archers in a way that makes sense.

Azrooh said:
Le Roux said:
I still hope the stat changes don't come through, I agree with most of the money changes though.

I think that's on everyone's minds. Get rid of the stat changes, fix the short spears, and get rid of the stupid turning speed limitation and I'll be totally satisfied with this patch. Fix archers in a way that makes sense.
You heard it Lust (and TW).

Personally I'm dreading this patch because of the archer nerf. =|

Nerfing an entire class just to change the competitive metagame is idiotic.

[M] said:
Relm said:
Nerfing an entire class just to change the competitive metagame is idiotic.
It's for public. Very few people in the top teams want that change.

Captain Lust said:
I've said one thing and some people seem to have read another. I'm not trying to see tactical play punished... obviously not. What sort of unbelievable idiot would think that's a good idea? There's no reason to assume I did or would want to do that.

What I think this patch might do is make it harder for aggressive play to be easily punished by quickly opening up crossfires. I'm not saying that opening up crossfires to punish misplaced aggression is a bad thing (that's not a sentence I should have to write). What I am saying is that I think right now it's too easy and aggression is too punishable. I feel like, most of the time, teams can spread out too thinly without much cost or risk. What I think might be more interesting, from a tactical perspective, is a situation where you can trade off having your archers in perhaps worse positions for a stalemate shootout flagwait that are potentially more useful if your opponent starts moving towards you, or better positions for a stalemate shootout flagwait that are somewhat harder to reconfigure if you want to create a crossfire around an approaching apponent.

That's an example I have in my head. I think these changes would probably have other interesting effects that make it more difficult for archer heavy teams to adapt to movement of the opposite team, thereby being more rewarding for teams that can pull it off well. Bear in mind this is completely relative. I think these concepts exist already, I just believe reducing the movement speed of archers will exagerrate the concepts and it'll have a directly beneficial impact on the tactical potential of the game.

Everything I have seen that Lust has posted about the archer nerf has to do with competitive play, not public. It's a terrible idea either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom